IGNORED

I2C Display (Revisited)

Omega-TI

A while back I had a PiOLED on my original sidecar TIPI, it was kind of neat, but not a necessity.  The same goes for my P-Box TIPI since the power is ALWAYS on.  Now my new TIPI/32K sidecar is running off of the TI's power, so IT WOULD BE NICE to have that display back, so I know when the TIPI is ready after turning on the TI or more importantly when it's safe to turn off the TI after I do a "TIPIHALT" in Force Command.

Now the thing is, which I2C display would work and look the best with a Speech Synthesizer case?  I'm thinking a 3D printed case to enclose the unit and maybe bring it to a 25 to 45 degree angle while sitting on top of the case... and it would also cover the required hole to send the wires to the RPi GPIO pins.

The thing is, since there a many of us here who could use such a display, coming to a consensus on which display to use might encourage someone here to design the 3D printed portion if they knew they could sell more than a couple to make it worth their time and effort.

So is there anyone here (besides me) that would be interested?

I2C.thumb.jpg.4ea37b95b17e919273f313b23ca68094.jpg

Next update for TIPI removes the OLED display support. 

The libraries to make it work, caused trouble.

The software makes Beery's byte at a time TCP conversions of old serial programs super slow.

It is evicted!  Gone... no longer supported. Good luck with that.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

Next update for TIPI removes the OLED display support. 

The libraries to make it work, caused trouble.

The software makes Beery's byte at a time TCP conversions of old serial programs super slow.

It is evicted!  Gone... no longer supported. Good luck with that.

Thanks for the heads up, but CRAP.  I know some people who spent good money on those iCORE64 cases (like shown below) that will probably be bummed out.

Backup.thumb.png.740833f5462618918639b2b841d5a1a6.png

It was mostly useless... if people want they can write a separate service that uses the display... and shows whatever.. 

Doesn't have to be integrated with TIPI to tell you something useful... there was a standalone PI script that would show nice data like cpu load, ip address, uptime...   go google... you'll have something better than what I removed.

1 minute ago, jedimatt42 said:

I would tape (with 3M mounting tape ) the LED to the inside of the front door, facing down.. so the ligth can just shine down through the small slot when the lid is down... it's not 'light-tight'

Should be no need to drill.

Damn GOOD idea!  Thanks! ?

• Like 1