IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 8/9 ~ Summer FUN!

Vocelli

19 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Man, this game makes me feel inferior just thinking about it. But I second the comments above. Also, the computer is really good at using the "must jump" rule to its advantage. It baits you into having to jump it and sets itself up for a double jump, or even worse, jumping your king. So think a few moves ahead, don't get discouraged, and don't feel bad hitting reset early on if it's not going your way. I don't have much luck setting up double jumps for myself, but I have been able to trap a few of its pieces. It's a nice "got you!" moment :D 

One of the games i played the computer triple jumped me.

Checkers review from youtube

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Checkers: 14

It is a unique kind of Atari joy to watch the single Activision king threaten and back away as I move each my of my checkers to the back row:

"You just wait until I get over there..."

"King me!"

"Never mind."

"King Me"

"Now I'm really coming.."

"I'm going move my single checker now and you can't do anything about it."

"Never mind."

"King me!"

"Oh, that's it!  No more Mr. Nice Guy!"

"King me!"

"Never mind."

Checkers (1980) (Activision)_4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Vocelli:

Posting some scores... finally had a day off today!

Kool-Aid Man - 37200

A game of skill and luck. Very Challenging!

Picnic - 7140

A game of more luck in guessing when those flies will shoot their beams!

Frogs and Flies: 48

Skill... all skill!

0705201604.jpg

0705201619_HDR.jpg

0705201612.jpg

• Like 5

Frogs and Flies(AA)-66!

I'm thinking "try not to fly too high", I mostly used little jumps, and picked off low flying...flies.

Learning to control your jump distance a bit helps, and you do have to develop some sense of timing on flicking your tongue.

2600FandF66AA.png

• Like 7

A couple of small improvements that I don't want to forget to update.

Man, Kool-Aid man and skilluck, amiright. Once you get bounced around, especially a few rounds in, you can bouncin around for a while.

KAM- 28,300

1102920420_Kool-AidMan2020-07-0613_24_13.thumb.png.8cfd0782b5e3944a39e2fb61e209870c.png

I like that this one is timed. Might have already mentioned that. Gotta get that jumping down.

F&F- 26

frogsandflies-26.thumb.JPG.43079df2114b5fbb89bc1eb7a75128b5.JPG

Nothing new for Picnic. Those guys can really eat through your food fast. Coincidentally tho, it's exactly how I set up my picnic tables- red & white checkered blanket, couple a burgers, fly swatter, and a big ol' bug zapper in the middle. Sometimes I swat those buggers right into the food, I don't care.

• Like 4

Quick note on the Kool-Aid Man.

First, I DO typically struggle with emu/Stella, compared to real hardware, but on the other hand, I also have pixel perfect runs on many, many timed games, so I know there is nothing "terribly wrong" with it, my own EMU/Controls.

I've been trying to get an "easy" 30k, to take the top spot elsewhere(tho it won't last, ha), and I simply can't do it. The control is just so precise on this game, it just doesn't cooperate quickly enough.

I have a usb adapter, BTW, and use a real CX40 on emu, sometimes a flashback controller(longer cord...), so I am using the same stick, essentially. And a huge, stylish modern PC(lol), tho I'm not a "PC hardware" Guy, tbh.

My hardware games push 50k every time before my right arm gives out-I swear, this is finally a game I would have played incessantly for a really good score, but wah, wah, my arm won't let me... :(  .

Anyway-I know some prefer the convenience of EMU, but if you have the option of both and haven't tried hardware yet, I highly suggest it, I'd almost promise a substantial score improvement based on my own experience this couple weeks.

"Quick Note".

(Sorry...)

:)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Quick note on the Kool-Aid Man.

First, I DO typically struggle with emu/Stella, compared to real hardware, but on the other hand, I also have pixel perfect runs on many, many timed games, so I know there is nothing "terribly wrong" with it, my own EMU/Controls.

I've been trying to get an "easy" 30k, to take the top spot elsewhere(tho it won't last, ha), and I simply can't do it. The control is just so precise on this game, it just doesn't cooperate quickly enough.

I have a usb adapter, BTW, and use a real CX40 on emu, sometimes a flashback controller(longer cord...), so I am using the same stick, essentially. And a huge, stylish modern PC(lol), tho I'm not a "PC hardware" Guy, tbh.

My hardware games push 50k every time before my right arm gives out-I swear, this is finally a game I would have played incessantly for a really good score, but wah, wah, my arm won't let me... :(  .

Anyway-I know some prefer the convenience of EMU, but if you have the option of both and haven't tried hardware yet, I highly suggest it, I'd almost promise a substantial score improvement based on my own experience this couple weeks.

"Quick Note".

(Sorry...)

:)

I can second that.  Logistics here at the house keep me from using my real hardware this season.  When we played this in Season 3, I scored almost 30,000 on the real hardware.  This season I'm playing on the Stella emu with a CX-40 and a Stelladaptor. I've barely scored half of my old PB.  The emu always plays a little tougher than the real hardware, but this game takes the difference to a new level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frogs:  32

I found out why my frog is doing so poorly.  His family was wiped out, inexplicably trying to cross a busy highway and was hit by cars in one tragic, splatting event.  Reports say a couple of them made it to the river, only to drown when the log they were riding on disappeared into the water.  It all makes more sense, now.  Film at 11.

Frogs and Flies (1982) (M Network)_8.png

Edited by Scrabbler15
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2