IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 8/9 ~ Summer FUN!

Vocelli

1 hour ago, Atari_Warlord said:

Checkers bonus = 6

There's a reason this isn't that popular anymore.  It took 5 or 6 tries to finally beat the computer on "Novice".

Checkers (1980) (Activision).png

Surprised the heck out of me too, Man, I swear, I'm sure you've seen my recount of my experience.

Expected to roll over this stupid game(Haha!)like cheeze, but it took me as many tries as you!

To be fair-it seemed stupid when I did it a couple weeks ago to earn my own Patch Score, lol, but when I replayed it a couple weeks later after it was announced here, and tried to "think" around the enforced jump rule, it did become a *tiny* bit of fun.

Doesn't mean I'll play it again...ever.

But I respected the challenge, I guess!

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 7:33 AM, Vocelli said:

@RoadRunner.

I made it a rule that no red checkers can be left. Understand you won but for this Checkers competition no red Checkers can be on the screen.

Ok, i missed that. There was nowhere for the CPU red checker to go though.

Frogs and Flies 18 points

Frogs and Flies (1982) (M Network).png

• Like 3

Don’t have proper paddles, so the Picnic score isn’t going to be great (it also appears as if I didn’t capture a screenshot)

Kool-Aid 

35100 - CapitanClassic 

Picnic (Don’t have a pic, but I plan on getting a better score)

27xx - CapitanClassic 

Frogs n Flies 

48 - CapitanClassic 

Checkers (Bonus)

9 - CapitanClassic 

8429834C-BBB9-44FD-9AF2-9C5C20281C56.jpeg

• Like 3

Awesome selection of games this time around and I totally dig the summer theme! Frogs & Flies and Kool-Aid Man are both games I've enjoyed for years and I knew Activision Checkers was supposed to be pretty darn good but I had never played it before. Picnic was all new to me and surprisingly fun, though it ended up being Checkers that I put the most time into. I'm not sure if the computer is really smart or if I just really suck at Checkers, but either way I ended up playing 4 games of Checkers before I finally won one with just a single king piece remaining. Honestly I'm just happy to have finally won a game! :lol: 

Frogs & Flies: (A/A Difficulty): 74

Kool-Aid Man (B/B Difficulty): 43,400

Picnic (B/A Difficulty): 9,710

Bonus

Checkers: 2

DSC09529.thumb.JPG.643d601a52d2bb32a69e763e5f9e7be5.JPG

DSC09507.JPG

DSC09486.JPG

DSC09524.JPG

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RetroBreakout said:

Kool Aid man - 36,400 (no idea how some of you guys are breaking 40k!!)

frogs n flies - 42

picnic - 5590 

Checkers ... still trying  to beat the computer!

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5118.jpg

Kool-Aid man-I SWEAR, there's a little bit of "skilluck" there, it's hard to catch the water suppliments when it gets fast, but sometimes you get kucky and they just run into you, if you play it enough times.

Checkers-Lol, I know, right?

I expected all of us to roll all over this one, but I do think it's been a fun challenge for some-seemed like a "silly" addition, but I'm glad to have "forced" people to explore it!!!
:D

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RetroBreakout said:

no idea how some of you guys are breaking 40k!!

You mix equal parts luck, skill, and cherry Kool-Aid powder. That's the recipe for success in Kool-Aid Man! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I think it really comes down to just snagging those water, sugar, and Kool-Aid power-ups as often as possible. Every time you grab one it refills a little of the water in the pool, so if you're in the right place at the right time to grab them most of the times they come out and you can keep from getting knocked around too much then you can get a pretty high score. Another tip is that when a Thirsty is drinking, no other Thirsties will move along the same horizontal row as the one drinking. Use that to your advantage to safely maneuver across the screen on the same horizontal plane as a drinking Thirsty as often as possible to keep from getting run into. That's all I've got for helpful hints!

Kool-Aid Man (B/B Difficulty): 73,100

DSC09541.thumb.JPG.80a26e02c9cf88d98d09ffcd597f734e.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

You mix equal parts luck, skill, and cherry Kool-Aid powder. That's the recipe for success in Kool-Aid Man! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I think it really comes down to just snagging those water, sugar, and Kool-Aid power-ups as often as possible. Every time you grab one it refills a little of the water in the pool, so if you're in the right place at the right time to grab them most of the times they come out and you can keep from getting knocked around too much then you can get a pretty high score. Another tip is that when a Thirsty is drinking, no other Thirsties will move along the same horizontal row as the one drinking. Use that to your advantage to safely maneuver across the screen on the same horizontal plane as a drinking Thirsty as often as possible to keep from getting run into. That's all I've got for helpful hints!

Kool-Aid Man (B/B Difficulty): 73,100

DSC09541.thumb.JPG.80a26e02c9cf88d98d09ffcd597f734e.JPG

Thanks for the tips! 

I'm loving playing that game, so addictive......yet soooooo frustrating at the same time. Especially when you endlessly get bounced around the screen when you hit a thirsty and there's nothing you can do about it! And also when the little buggers unpredictably change direction! ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1