IGNORED

Question about Original 19 Games with Part Numbers on Top.

Hi.

I need your help to clear up a doubt about these 19 games, they reference the Keyboard Component (coming soon) and had their part numbers on top on the box.

original_19_serial_game_boxes_800.thumb.jpg.036d9d364a3e22fab5b775546f1dcd08.jpg

(photo from INTELLIVISION COLLECTOR)

My question is this.
ALL 19 original, initial games have the inscription on the opening at the bottom below .... "" Mattel. Inc 1980 (or1979) Howtorne, CA 92250 MADE IN USA Manufactured for Mattel ........ etc ... "" ???
These written only on two lines.

Some of these 19 later kept their part numbers on top on the box, but the writing on the bottom is different, like "" ............ Cartridge made in Honk Kong ..... ... "

My question is this again, initially all 19 of them all had the inscription only ....... "MADE IN U.S.A." ??? ........

hope to be able to explain myself with my bad English. ?

I would like to add my personal clarification about my collection

In my collection, again regarding these 19, I have the following  12 with written on two lines and with MADE IN USA.

.... and 5 others instead with the writing on three lines and "..... Cartridge made in Honk Kong .... etc ..."

Question. of these 5 ... + 2 (Auto Racing and NBA Basketball I don't have in the version with part numbers on top on the box),  ..... exists  always the version with part numbers on top on the box and written on two lines "....... ..MADE IN USA .......... etc.  "  like my first 12 in the picture ???

PS  I want to specify that in these versions are NOT included eight boxes with writing on the front of the image (FOR COLOR T.V.VIEWING ONLY).    I am not referring to those eight, but to these.

IMG_20200626_171346.thumb.jpg.94e784933ec233ee99cbba27fa7e601a.jpg

I thank you in advance for your sure, courteous collaboration in solving this doubt for my collection.

Have a nice day.

Edited by MauAnouk2012

Like Steve said, I believe all 19 came in both USA and Hong Kong box versions with the 4 lines of text on the front referencing the Keyboard Component and with part numbers on the top.  I have all 19 USA versions, but I'll have to check on which Hong Kong versions I'm missing.

I would add that only the USA versions came with full color manuals and only for 10 of those 19.

7 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

(...)

I would add that only the USA versions came with full color manuals and only for 10 of those 19.

and because repetita iuvant I would also add that only 8 of those 10 made in the US games which came with the full color manual have also the version with the statement "For color tv viewing only" located inside the frame of the picture

15 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

All 19 games that mention the Keyboard Component on the cover come in both USA and HK versions.

14 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Like Steve said, I believe all 19 came in both USA and Hong Kong box versions with the 4 lines of text on the front referencing the Keyboard Component and with part numbers on the top.  I have all 19 USA versions, but I'll have to check on which Hong Kong versions I'm missing.

6 hours ago, intellivotion said:

and because repetita iuvant I would also add that only 8 of those 10 made in the US games which came with the full color manual have also the version with the statement "For color tv viewing only" located inside the frame of the picture

I am truly grateful to you for the answers.

Now I will search for the 7 missing games with the two lines .... made in the USA ....... and the number on the top.  (Armor Battle - Major League Baseball - Math Fun - Word Fun - Horse racing - Auto Racing and  NBA Basketball)

Thanks again.

9 hours ago, intellivotion said:

And, of those 8, only one of them says "Math Fun" on the front ?

• Haha 1

I can tell you that the hardest US variant to find of these will be Word Fun. I've actually never found an intact copy CIB. I pieced it together finding the cart, manual with overlays, and box all separately to combine them into a CIB copy. If you can find someone here that has a spare US version, that is likely your best bet as it is very hard to identify these on eBay as people don't always post pics of the bottom flap or the manual (which will say US or HK on the cover). Carts are easily identifiable as it either says HONG KONG on the label or nothing at all besides the title. The overlays are all US printed although there is a variant with or without black shadows on the bottom 3 buttons.

FOR REFERENCE 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, intellivotion said:

Those eight all exist with and without the "For Color TV Viewing Only" located inside the frame of the picture.

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

The USA version of Word Fun is definitely scarce these days.  When I first started looking I found one pretty easily within a few months on eBay, but I've seen very few since.  Good luck to anyone searching for one.

I saw it only once and I'm pretty sure it was you who highlighted the listing on eBay roundup here. It was in decent but not perfect condition and I grabbed it. Since then I kept on searching for a nicer copy but I didn't happen to see it again.

For those who don't know it (I know you do Jason, so this is not addressed to you, as with my statement about the famous eight) the easiest way to recognize the American Word Fun is the black writings on the top front of the manual 

12 hours ago, the1hatman said:

I can tell you that the hardest US variant to find of these will be Word Fun. I've actually never found an intact copy CIB. I pieced it together finding the cart, manual with overlays, and box all separately to combine them into a CIB copy. If you can find someone here that has a spare US version, that is likely your best bet as it is very hard to identify these on eBay as people don't always post pics of the bottom flap or the manual (which will say US or HK on the cover). Carts are easily identifiable as it either says HONG KONG on the label or nothing at all besides the title. The overlays are all US printed although there is a variant with or without black shadows on the bottom 3 buttons.

FOR REFERENCE 

As I can attest to. I mentioned this to Jason not that long ago that I discovered my 125 copy of Word Fun on my shelves was in fact an HK version. I have since burned my whole collection in embarrassment. ?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, cmart604 said:

As I can attest to. I mentioned this to Jason not that long ago that I discovered my 125 copy of Word Fun on my shelves was in fact an HK version. I have since burned my whole collection in embarrassment. ?

What is the next phase of the atonement?

53 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Does anyone know, I’m not at home to check mine, the 8 FCTVVO boxes, are they USA or Hong Kong, or both?

the 8 boxes with the FCTVVO writing located inside the frame of the picture are all made in USA only.

The "fixed" version with FCTVVO located on the bottom right are both made in USA and made in Hong Kong

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the speeches in the discussion to clarify the topic, both for the 19 and the 8 FCTVVO.

So.... Word Fun not FCTVVO , but USA with writing on the bottom right outside the frame of the image, I realized that it is very difficult to find.

I also thank you very much,  some of the missing games have been proposed to me by some of you.

Practically now I'm just looking for USA version  :  Major League Baseball (not FCTVVO) - Horse Racing - NBA Basketball (not FCTVVO)  - .... and obviously... the difficult ... Word Fun ??

21 hours ago, the1hatman said:

FOR REFERENCE 

You're absolutely right, on ebay it is very difficult for someone to publish the photo of the lower flap or the manual.
Unable to ask all ads to send photos of these. ?

Edited by MauAnouk2012

• 4 weeks later...

A question in regards to this topic....sort of. Did the cartridges come with no insert lines with the original boxes as well ? or just the FCTVO ones ? Also, I have seen no insert lines on USA carts and just recently a Hong Kong Space Battle. I thought they were only USA that had these. Are there two versions of no insert lines for each game as well ???

7 hours ago, Warren Wuschenny said:

A question in regards to this topic....sort of. Did the cartridges come with no insert lines with the original boxes as well ? or just the FCTVO ones ? Also, I have seen no insert lines on USA carts and just recently a Hong Kong Space Battle. I thought they were only USA that had these. Are there two versions of no insert lines for each game as well ???

Here's a bunch of USA ones with bonus weights.  Someone also recently found a Snafu.  I've seen a few Hong Kong sports games and Space Battle as well.  I don't believe the carts lacking the insert line were limited to the FCTvVO games.

Screenshot_20200723-184049.thumb.png.288893584cece42101d296d34d537068.png

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I seen some that were no insert lines as well, european carts of hockey and i can't remember right now, but you can tell they were made cheaply, near the end of the run, as they did not have the shields in them, but looking at it first glance on an ad, it looks like it is no insert lines. I guess like in your picture you can weigh them then you will know for sure. I just unscrew them and see what is going on inside!

6 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Here's a bunch of USA ones with bonus weights.  Someone also recently found a Snafu.  I've seen a few Hong Kong sports games and Space Battle as well.  I don't believe the carts lacking the insert line were limited to the FCTvVO games.

Screenshot_20200723-184049.thumb.png.288893584cece42101d296d34d537068.png