IGNORED

For Posterity: Sirius & Plutos using XM Memory

PacManPlus

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Well, I kind of agree but so far as I can tell, production boards will have the pads and locations for an SIO port and PIA chip but the aren’t part of the base spec. If the user installs one, software and/or the BIOS will have to have provision to use them. 

Got it :) . But I would be truly surprised that Curt doesn't have this and the keyboard already incorporated into the BIOS. I guess we'll see when it's available to the masses.

4 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Keyboard only needs a POKEY to read it, not a PIA. 

Oh I thought it went thru the pia or something to the keyboard etc... 

Keyboard was working in 2012 I think anyway..

Edited by Jinks

On 7/25/2020 at 10:31 PM, DrVenkman said:

I hope so ... I think that will require the user to install the SIO port (got one, thanks to @foft's recent efforts) and a PIA chip, which isn't otherwise used by the XM. I might be wrong though - @Curt Vendel could possible clarify.

But in any case, since XM's aren't yet shipping to pre-orders, and I missed that boat, I have hopes that @batari will come through with "Concertino" or the full-on Concerto before I'm likely to get an XM into my hands. 

XM’s have everything but a PIA.   It’s just plug and play.  Install a PIA the SIO is fully enabled.  It’s already been tested and I did add in the motor control line as well.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, DrVenkman said:

These are great, Bob, thanks! I've never played either of them before. I quite like Plutos. That game rocks. :) 

Both Plutos and Sirius are serious business man, (but; have only played them on the usual 7800 hardware - hope they get a wide availability as to

hardware as they really deserve it even if 30 years late!!)

Edited by Giles N

• 11 months later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Plutos on tomorrow's (Fri Jul 16, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

AFTER DARK

• Dolphin (1983 | Patch #2 Attempt #1: ?/300000) by Matthew Hubbard

(SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, mksmith said:

Very nice - c64 style graphics convert nicely to the 7800 due to the double-width sprite mode of the c64

If you want to play them in J7800 use the following links:

Plutus

https://raz0red.github.io/js7800/?cart=https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=744054

Sirius

https://raz0red.github.io/js7800/?cart=https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=744056

Plutus is amazing.

Sirius is pretty... serious.  :P   But great graphics.

44 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Plutos works fine on Dragonfly.

Sure, and so does Sirius (I've tried both already). But aren't the versions Bob has posted here enhanced versions or something that require an XM? I was under the impression these are different from the prototype originals Curt found forever ago in his dumpster diving days.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Sure, and so does Sirius (I've tried both already). But aren't the versions Bob has posted here enhanced versions or something that require an XM? I was under the impression these are different from the prototype originals Curt found forever ago in his dumpster diving days.

This is correct.  These are specifically for the XM memory.

Here is the original release that uses on-cart board memory:

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Sirius (XM Required Version) on tomorrow's (Tue Jul 27, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

Games:

(SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

• Like 2