IGNORED

Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS eshop shut down at July 31

Serguei2

My heart skipped a bit for one of my step daughers.  She wanted to get one of the Yo-Kai Watch Blasters games but the physical cartridge for North America is freakin' expensive.  I said I'd chip in toward the price for her birthday and she and her brother got enough cash scraped together for me to get an eShop card.  She wanted to scratch the stuff off with her unicorn "Scratch book" scratcher, which I figured would be ok.  Well, she scratched THROUGH most of the code, making it unreadable.  I called Nintendo Support and it's in the process of getting fixed.  Then I saw this post and was thinking "Oh boy....Nintendo support hurry up....."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gamemoose said:

My heart skipped a bit for one of my step daughers.  She wanted to get one of the Yo-Kai Watch Blasters games but the physical cartridge for North America is freakin' expensive.  I said I'd chip in toward the price for her birthday and she and her brother got enough cash scraped together for me to get an eShop card.  She wanted to scratch the stuff off with her unicorn "Scratch book" scratcher, which I figured would be ok.  Well, she scratched THROUGH most of the code, making it unreadable.  I called Nintendo Support and it's in the process of getting fixed.  Then I saw this post and was thinking "Oh boy....Nintendo support hurry up....."

Ho boy! 

Good luck with Nintendo staff.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, Gamemoose said:

Well, the US, Canada, and Mexico are safe for now.

believe what's happening is that regions without full eShops are being shut down -- that is, regions where all you can do is redeem a game code and download it.  Again, I'm not sure where I heard this, but I had the understanding that 3DS and Wii U full-service eShops are still functioning.

• Like 1

Yes, it's just countries that barely had a 3DS or Wii U eShop to begin with that are now losing it.

Hopefully we'll stay online for at least a couple of more years. You could still walk into Walmart around here pre-Coronavirus and buy a New 2DS XL without any issue. I would hope Nintendo will want the 3DS fully out of their retail system for a reasonable length of time before pulling the plug.

Not to mention that I suspect that running the eShop remains profitable for them. No sense pulling the plug if it doesn't interfere with the Switch, as long as the eShop is still pulling its own weight.

• Like 1

Not shocked it got fixed. :)

I foolishly used scissors to scratch off a $50 eShop code back in December. I mangled the code of course and the receipt was no where to be found, so I almost didn't even try to get it fixed.

Yet two minutes on the phone with Nintendo was all it took to get the issue resolved, thanks to another code on the card that allowed them to look it up and see that it indeed had been sold but had not yet been redeemed.

I was told it would take something like 24 hours for it to go through review before the funds would be deposited into my account. Yet 5 minutes after I hung up, I logged into the eShop on my Wii U and they were already there.

Edited by Atariboy