IGNORED

MAME HSC ROUND 1/10 - CAPTAIN AMERICA / RAINBOW ISLANDS

AND IT'S GAME ON! 

This round's game 1 of 2:

Captain America and the Avengers

ROM Name: Captain America and The Avengers (US Rev 1.9)

ROM File: captavenu

Picked by: hero2billions

DIP settings (changes from default shown in RED):

Lives: 3

Allow continue: Off

Difficulty: Normal

This round's game 2 of 2:

Rainbow Islands

ROM Name: Rainbow Islands (new version)

ROM File: rainbow

Picked by: S.BAZ

DIP settings (changes from default shown in RED):

Difficulty: Medium

Bonus life: 100k 1000k

Complete bonus: 1 up

Lives: 3

Rules:

• Please change your DIPs to the settings listed.  If you're unsure how to do this, please ask
  • Screenshots required
  • No continues
  • No save states
  • No cheats
  • Any working version of MAME can be used, but the ROMs provided for this competition will be verified to work on MAME v0.139.  The "user interface" version of MAME v0.139 can be downloaded at: http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/

Competition ends: Sunday July 12, 11:59pm PST

Previous Round Results:

NONE YET

Standings to Date:

NONE YET

captavenu.zip rainbow.zip

• Like 1

Captain America - 79,001

Rainbow Islands - 73,460

Brawlers is one of my favourite genres but I just don't feel CA. Odd game. All these superheroes feel so weak... Still, it's a kinda interesting change from the normal brawler template.

Rainbow Islands is pure genius on the other hand, I finally "got" it, after not understanding it at all while playing all the computer ports. It seems like one of these games which take weeks/months to truly master, and I've only got a few hours :)

Captain America and the Avengers 5,200. Mainly just posting this to get a score on the board. Holy crap what a cheap quarter-gobbler, although I admit I enjoyed playing with Vision. Off-topic but somewhat relevant: video games that started with that FBI warning "Winners don't use drugs" just made me want to do drugs out of spite. 

Captain America.png

This up for anyone to join, or gotta sign up somewhere?  I've been interested in the HS clubs I see on here, but can never seem to catch them at the beginning and always tell myself "I'll get in on the next one."  I've always loved Cap and the Gang, so feels like a good place to start.

I checked out the pinned rules thread, but have 2 quick questions, please --

1)  Do I choose one of the 2 games to submit for this round?  Or do I submit a score for both?

2)  The rules say that games will run for 1 week each, but the message listed above says we have until July 12.  This mean I need to submit a score for Cap by today (one week from the posting), and Rainbow Islands by July 12th (date listed above), or we have until July 12th for both (assuming we enter a score for both)?

Thanks!