IGNORED

Gaplus and Pac Man CE for NES

29 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I can do better than $32.97 plus shipping and waiting for China for Galaga 3. Pacman CE is a real bitch to make as there are very few donors using the mapper needed and most use gloptop not dip package chips that can be replaced with new eproms. I personally don't know of any new homebrew pcb's that support that mapper either.

Hmmm I'm intrigued are you suggesting you can make copies of gaplus for the nes?

I do believe that since he seemingly can beat the price and terrible slow boat from China pricing.  As i said before, I wish someone could do Sim City NES.  IT uses the MMC5, just not sure which game would have to get killed.  Castlevania III, Laser Invasion, or one of those expensive KOEI titles.

• Like 1

I do believe that since he seemingly can beat the price and terrible slow boat from China pricing.  As i said before, I wish someone could do Sim City NES.  IT uses the MMC5, just not sure which game would have to get killed.  Castlevania III, Laser Invasion, or one of those expensive KOEI titles.

The Everdrive N8 Pro plays Sim City as well as Gaplus and Pac-Mac CE in case you didn’t know. That might be a better investment than bootleg Chinese cartridges.

5 hours ago, schnuth said:

The Everdrive N8 Pro plays Sim City as well as Gaplus and Pac-Mac CE in case you didn’t know. That might be a better investment than bootleg Chinese cartridges.

I'm aware I have one.  But there are those special cases I want something real, not just some dopey rom on a SD card.  I find I will value something more when I put a few dollars into it, I'll then not just invest the money but the time to get it back.  With a flash kit, it's just another thing to click through and forget about for a year or longer after a few minutes of use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cannot believe I nearly missed out on these.

I caught wind of the pac-man ce on the game sack video just days ago, came in here, and realized I also nearly missed gaplus too.  Which is a game I'm slightly ashamed to say I didn't even know existed in any form ;) .  

I also ordered a chinese famicom repro of gaplus, which is a better cart height on my handhelds (and not *entirely* because it's way cheaper in that form).  I'd love a pac-man ce, but nobody seems to sell one.  Oddly I'm not the biggest fan of the real pac-man ce, but the famicom backport feels so modern, with its quality of life features, and almost excessive level of polish that it's hard for it not to be in my toplist.

Missing out on new games is the big reason why I'm not the biggest subforum fan in the world.  I don't think I've been in the genesis subforum in...well, I think I went once.  Time to check it for new games again.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 3:46 PM, Reaperman said:

I cannot believe I nearly missed out on these.

I caught wind of the pac-man ce on the game sack video just days ago, came in here, and realized I also nearly missed gaplus too.  Which is a game I'm slightly ashamed to say I didn't even know existed in any form ;) .  

I also ordered a chinese famicom repro of gaplus, which is a better cart height on my handhelds (and not *entirely* because it's way cheaper in that form).  I'd love a pac-man ce, but nobody seems to sell one.  Oddly I'm not the biggest fan of the real pac-man ce, but the famicom backport feels so modern, with its quality of life features, and almost excessive level of polish that it's hard for it not to be in my toplist.

Missing out on new games is the big reason why I'm not the biggest subforum fan in the world.  I don't think I've been in the genesis subforum in...well, I think I went once.  Time to check it for new games again.

Cool! Show us a picture when you get it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 1:56 AM, Trinity said:

Cool! Show us a picture when you get it.:)

Sure, plastic's a tad thin for a famicom cart (but way better than pirates used to be), and it's not really in a 'namcot' cart shape, which I suppose is okay by me.  They opted for a game label in the galaga box-art style (in stead of its cart label style), which is slightly odd, but it stands out and its printed pretty nicely.  Corners square on the label.

I still really suck at that game.  My limited galaga skills are largely useless on this title.

NKCRM5Ym.jpg

ZRRvEySm.jpg

LQUvr1jm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Sure, plastic's a tad thin for a famicom cart (but way better than pirates used to be), and it's not really in a 'namcot' cart shape, which I suppose is okay by me.  They opted for a game label in the galaga box-art style (in stead of its cart label style), which is slightly odd, but it stands out and its printed pretty nicely.  Corners square on the label.

I still really suck at that game.  My limited galaga skills are largely useless on this title.

NKCRM5Ym.jpg

ZRRvEySm.jpg

LQUvr1jm.jpg

Nice! I really want to get some Famicom style cartridges some day.

I think the game is almost easier then Galaga. The challenging stage is so fun and easy, And the power up's are killer!

Check ths out, https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Gaplus

And, 

Edited by Trinity
  • Like 1

And on the fisrt stage, do this,

Hi N1. :)

And really. All you have to do is sit in the center, they won't run into you. Then jump up and hit "that" bug. Then run yourself into that ship and die. And then you get the hyper ship! And a one up.:) And way more firepower!

Edited by Trinity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently got the Namcot Collection (asia-eng) release in a trade, realized it was half of what this topic has which is the 8bit version of Pacman CE.  I really wish Gaplus was on there, but being outside my region I can't even add games to the shelf on the thing either, it's not sold physical locally, and the digital price I'd need at least a 50% off sale to tempt me.

I'm kind of surprised how decent the PM CE game turned out given the downgrade to 8bit standard NES style limitations.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, Tanooki said:

I recently got the Namcot Collection (asia-eng) release in a trade, realized it was half of what this topic has which is the 8bit version of Pacman CE.  I really wish Gaplus was on there, but being outside my region I can't even add games to the shelf on the thing either, it's not sold physical locally, and the digital price I'd need at least a 50% off sale to tempt me.

I'm kind of surprised how decent the PM CE game turned out given the downgrade to 8bit standard NES style limitations.

Its not that hard to do scrolling mazes, and color palette changes. Maybe the music was the hardest part.

later

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Trinity said:

Cool. Let me know if it really save hi-scores.

I'd like a cart like that.

I checked. Either I never scored high enough to make it onto the high scoreboard (haven't touched it in a bit) or that feature doesn't work. But now I think I'm going to start practicing at it, see how high a score I can get.

edit: managed to get a high enough score to make it onto the scoreboard, but when I turned it off and turned it back on, the score was back to normal. Oh well.

E71COl2WYAIHny_.jpg

E71COwgWQAINhe9.jpg

Edited by Dire 51
Adding pics, updating

2 hours ago, Dire 51 said:

I checked. Either I never scored high enough to make it onto the high scoreboard (haven't touched it in a bit) or that feature doesn't work. But now I think I'm going to start practicing at it, see how high a score I can get.

edit: managed to get a high enough score to make it onto the scoreboard, but when I turned it off and turned it back on, the score was back to normal. Oh well.

E71COl2WYAIHny_.jpg

E71COwgWQAINhe9.jpg

108000 is a good start.;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...