IGNORED

ATARI 7800 HOMEBREW BOWLING

hello i have an idea that i posted on atariage homepage & I got alot of response...MY IDEA A ATARI 7800 VERSION OF ? BOWLING HOMEBREW... IF THIS GETS A RESPONSE FROM PROGRAMMERS PLEASE CONTACT ME I WANT TO SHARE MY IDEAS.I DONT WANT MONEYS OF ANY KIND JUST THIS IDEA TO BECOME REAL FOR ALL ATARI 7800 FANS THANKS... 

• Sad 1

wow searsroebuck!! excellent idea... use capcom bowling and add bowlers like 2 guys & 2girls to choose from ?,be able to name your bowler?have 1 player vs computer,2player mode,even small tournament...let's keep talking about this atari age family.this is a fantastic idea especially capcom bowling style background which I think atari 7800 could handle.they need to update a bowling ? game and this idea works for the Atari 7800 ??

3 minutes ago, Clint drelich said:

wow searsroebuck!! excellent idea... use capcom bowling and add bowlers like 2 guys & 2girls to choose from ?,be able to name your bowler?have 1 player vs computer,2player mode,even small tournament...let's keep talking about this atari age family.this is a fantastic idea especially capcom bowling style background which I think atari 7800 could handle.they need to update a bowling ? game and this idea works for the Atari 7800 ??

please make a Atari 7800bowling ? game programmers,this capcom idea is splended indeed?

Yes I think the 7800 can do a really good bowling game, no I don't think you'll find anyone to make it for you, even if you paid them.

I don't want to be too negative but these sorts of things never go anywhere as anyone who would be willing to put the effort in is already neck deep I their own projects. I would strongly encourage you to take this as an opportunity to learn to code for the 7800.

Again I don't want to be too negative, but for an example of what I mean see how far this Pac-Land port has gotten in 10 months.

• Like 7

I don't think @SmittyB is being negative, he's simply trying to illuminate the reality of the situation.

Programming a complete game with high production values can take, without any exaggeration, hundreds of hours of the programmers time. That's before we count any extra time for things like sound, graphics, music.

This is why 7800 & 2600 programmers will tend to work on projects that appeal to them and that they choose to work on. This is why it's hard to come along and say "we should make X game" and get any traction. If you are very very lucky and that appeals to a programmer then great! however 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 that won't happen.

As Smitty said, take the opportunity to learn some new skills. For the Atari 7800, 7800Basic is accessible and easy to pick up and it's very powerful. If you add AtariDevStudio to that as your environment then you have pretty much everything you need to start to learn to code. I did that a couple of years ago with Batari Basic on the 2600. It's immensely rewarding and super fun.

I also think the 7800 could host a very credible bowling game.

Good luck with your quest to find a programmer!

• Like 8