IGNORED

A Tale of Dragons and Swords

On 6/30/2020 at 9:48 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

I'm in for one.

Will a successful CIB run of this game have any effect on the printing of the boxes, manuals, and overlays for the other 3 games, or are those stuck in pandemic limbo regardless of the sales of this game?

This is a great question,and I was wondering the same thing!

I looked through the thread to see if this was answered and I couldn't find it.

I was hoping that if the presales of this were good enough,the 3 games I have the cartridges of,TNT Cowboy,AF and Ninja Oddyssey would have box and overlay kits made as well as CIB versions.

All of that would be ideal,and hopefully that will happen so everyone has access to those excellent games too.

I personally will continue to support Elektronite due to their great track record of quality games for the intellivision with hopefully more to come!??

49 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Cut him some slack.  He was probably recording the next episode of Intellivisionairies.   

What are you doing?  

A8BAD23E-BCE2-4046-B8AE-9AECF2BE6316.jpeg

Lol. Believe it or not we are recording tomorrow night and Paul just did an interview a couple days ago. ?

• Like 3

A Tale of Dragons and Swords ATARI AGE Pre-Order List

Please note: If you reserve a copy on facebook, do NOT reserve a copy on Atari Age. If you reserve a copy on Atari Age, do NOT reserve a copy on facebook. Please do not express interest here and tell me that you've reserved a copy on facebook. It is just confusing. Thanks.

Also, please don't email, or private message requests. Asking here is the most efficient way to get on the list. 

1. Steve Jones 1 copy
2. Jaxivision 1 copy
3. Mphokie 1 copy
4. KylJoy 1 copy
5. Gray Defender 1 copy
6. jim23c 1 copy
7. Black_Tiger 1 copy
8. mammothservices 1 copy
9. Zendocon 1 copy
10. Intellivet 1 copy
11. Humblejack 1 copy
12. eebuckeye 1 copy
13. wolfy62 2 copies
14. poconojo 1 copy
15. TrekMD 1 copy
16. AJChandler 1 copy
17. Kamikazi26 1 copy
18. artrag 1 copy
19. cmadruga 1 copy
20. russ99 1 copy
21. Eisengrim 1 copy
22. gunoz 1 copy
23. WaveRider1970 1 copy
24. atari5200dude82 1 copy
25. JasonlikesINTV 1 copy
26. squidnik 1 copy
27. intvsteve 1 copy
28. cvga 1 copy
29. HunterZero 1 copy
30. vazquezrik 1 copy
31. intellivotion 2 copy
32. bugcatcher88 1 copy
33. mianrtcv 1 copy
34. Alex.Pace 1 copy
35. RetroAl 1 copy
36. ThunderDunks 1 copy
37. Special Teams 2 copies
38. RayXambeR 1 copy

39. harveyjcat 1 copy

40. DMonroe 2 copies

41. iglesd 1 copy

42. furor 1 copy

43. cubelindo 1 copy

44. Screl 1 copy

45. reims_de 1 copy

46. Nurmix 1 copy

Please note: The game will NOT have serial numbers. The above numbers are not serial numbered copies. There are two lists. If you ordered on facebook, your reservation will not be on this list. If you ordered here, you will not be on the facebook list. 

Thanks everyone for your interest and support! 

12 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

This is a great question,and I was wondering the same thing!

I looked through the thread to see if this was answered and I couldn't find it.

I was hoping that if the presales of this were good enough,the 3 games I have the cartridges of,TNT Cowboy,AF and Ninja Oddyssey would have box and overlay kits made as well as CIB versions.

All of that would be ideal,and hopefully that will happen so everyone has access to those excellent games too.

I personally will continue to support Elektronite due to their great track record of quality games for the intellivision with hopefully more to come!??

Certainly, the success of the pre-order will allow us to print materials for the 3 other games developed by Kai Magazine sooner rather than later.

The reason that we are doing the 'CIB' treatment for this title before the other titles, is that there is more demand for this game at this time. We are focusing our resources on this release. Doing boxes for the other games is obviously great for people to package up their loose TNT Cowboys, A-Fs and Ninja Odysseys, but I can almost guarantee that we would not get close to the numbers of requests for 'CIB' copies than we will get for 'A Tale of Dragons and Swords' complete in box. We certainly intend to print boxes/manuals/overlays for those three games but if we did that right now, we would end up (hopefully) breaking even at best on the boxes and being no further ahead releasing new games. We just don't have the money to risk on printing boxes at this time.

Last year, we were hit with the sudden destruction of our distribution system and all income stopping from March until October. This year, we have been hit by the pandemic which has also affected our shipping/sales. Only through the support of Left Turn Only, and other individuals (who know who you are) have we been able to continue to operate and bring out new games. We will restore our stock, distribution system and pay off our loans when things (hopefully) get back to normal. Hopefully, this pre-order exercise will allow us to also print boxes for 1 of the 3 games currently without boxes/overlays/manuals. However, we cannot promise anything regarding those materials as operation costs dictate where to put our resources and when. Games like 'A Tale of Dragons and Swords' require a lot of resources to bring out.

In the pipeline, we are expecting to complete Robot Army by Christmas time. We have a new game coming called Star Mercenary which is complete and going into testing very soon. We are developing packaging for Star Mercenary as well. Robot Army is still in development, but we have the box ready to go. Before the end of the year, we anticipate one more Elektronite game being developed which we will announce when it is complete and named.

I'm hoping to start accepting pre-orders for 'A Tale of Swords and Dragons' very soon. We will be sending the ROM for pre-order customers who have an LTO Flash! and supply us with their LTO Flash! unique ID number and marking those PayPal orders as 'Shipped' to keep PayPal off of our backs. We will then prepare shipping materials for each game ordered and put in our order for game materials (boxes/manuals/overlays/stickers/cartridges) and then await delivery, build the product and finally ship them out. We are hoping to have that done in about 3 months from the order date, but make no promises. Until then, you'll have a digital (encrypted) copy of the game, providing you have an LTO Flash! and a digital manual (different from the printed manual) to keep you busy with this great new adventure game.

Thanks for all the faith in Elektronite that people have shown by stepping up to do a pre-order on this game.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
Changed a name
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:57 AM, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Certainly, the success of the pre-order will allow us to print materials for the 3 other games developed by Kai Magazine sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all the faith in Elektronite that people have shown by stepping up to do a pre-order on this game.

I completely missed out on TNT Cowboy, A-F and Ninja Odyssey due to a real life inspired hiatus, and look forward to their eventual re-release.

Also, I can't speak to anyone else's experiences, but Elektronite has never let me down, so I see no reason not to have faith in you regarding pre-orders.

• Like 1

Please note: If you reserve a copy on facebook, do NOT reserve a copy on Atari Age. If you reserve a copy on Atari Age, do NOT reserve a copy on facebook. Please do not express interest here and tell me that you've reserved a copy on facebook. It is just confusing. Thanks.

Also, please don't email, or private message requests. Asking here is the most efficient way to get on the list. 

1. Steve Jones 1 copy
2. Jaxivision 1 copy
3. Mphokie 1 copy
4. KylJoy 1 copy
5. Gray Defender 1 copy
6. jim23c 1 copy
7. Black_Tiger 1 copy
9. Zendocon 1 copy
10. Intellivet 1 copy
11. Humblejack 1 copy
12. eebuckeye 1 copy
13. wolfy62 2 copies
14. poconojo 1 copy
15. TrekMD 1 copy
16. AJChandler 1 copy
17. Kamikazi26 1 copy
18. artrag 1 copy
19. cmadruga 1 copy
20. russ99 1 copy
21. Eisengrim 1 copy
22. gunoz 1 copy
23. WaveRider1970 1 copy
26. squidnik 1 copy
27. intvsteve 1 copy
28. cvga 1 copy
29. HunterZero 1 copy
30. vazquezrik 1 copy
31. intellivotion 2 copy
32. bugcatcher88 1 copy
33. mianrtcv 1 copy
34. Alex.Pace 1 copy
35. RetroAl 1 copy
36. ThunderDunks 1 copy
38. RayXambeR 1 copy

39. harveyjcat 1 copy

40. DMonroe 2 copies

41. iglesd 1 copy

42. furor 1 copy

43. cubelindo 1 copy

44. Screl 1 copy

45. reims_de 1 copy

46. Nurmix 1 copy

47. -^CrossBow^- 1 copy

Please note: The game will NOT have serial numbers. The above numbers are not serial numbered copies. There are two lists. If you ordered on facebook, your reservation will not be on this list. If you ordered here, you will not be on the facebook list. 

Hi there!

Thank you everyone for showing so much enthusiasm and for willing to pre-order this game ^_^

I know there are a lot of messages in this thread and it is difficult to gather all the info that has been delivered here, so allow me to summarize it a bit:

-This is a list for those who are interested on pre-ordering our game. We are not collecting money yet.

-There are 2 pre-order lists for this game: one for people who has shown interest here on atariage, and another for people who has shown interest on Facebook;

Those who first shown interest on Facebook  are not included in this list since they are on the Facebook list and vice versa.

Anyway if you ONLY have shown interest here on Atariage but your name is not on the list, please let us know here, stating that you only shown interest here but your name is not in the list, so we don't miss anyone.

Thank you everyone, really!

The success of this pre-order will help greatly towards making possible the CIB of the previous Kai Magazine games (TNT Cowboy, Ninja Odyssey, A.F. : Anthropomorphic force) sooner rather than later, so this is a win/win for all those interested.

Also, stay tuned for the 5th Kai Magazine game which we just finished and it is being improved with high-quality sampled voices by Joe: Star Mercenary: A Space Opera.

• Like 2

1. Steve Jones 1 copy
2. Jaxivision 1 copy
3. Mphokie 1 copy
4. KylJoy 1 copy
5. Gray Defender 1 copy
6. jim23c 1 copy
7. Black_Tiger 1 copy
9. Zendocon 1 copy
10. Intellivet 1 copy
11. Humblejack 1 copy
12. eebuckeye 1 copy
13. wolfy62 2 copies
14. poconojo 1 copy
15. TrekMD 1 copy
16. AJChandler 1 copy
17. Kamikazi26 1 copy
18. artrag 1 copy
19. cmadruga 1 copy
20. russ99 1 copy
21. Eisengrim 1 copy
22. gunoz 1 copy
23. WaveRider1970 1 copy
26. squidnik 1 copy
27. intvsteve 1 copy
28. cvga 1 copy
29. HunterZero 1 copy
30. vazquezrik 1 copy
31. intellivotion 2 copy
32. bugcatcher88 1 copy
33. mianrtcv 1 copy
34. Alex.Pace 1 copy
35. RetroAl 1 copy
36. ThunderDunks 1 copy
38. RayXambeR 1 copy

39. harveyjcat 1 copy

40. DMonroe 2 copies

41. iglesd 1 copy

42. furor 1 copy

43. cubelindo 1 copy

44. Screl 1 copy

45. reims_de 1 copy

46. Nurmix 1 copy

47. -^CrossBow^- 1 copy

48. poconojo 1 copy

49. BriceZ 1 copy

50. KevinMos3 1 copy

51. imstarryeyed 1 copy

We will be taking orders via PayPal when we get the encrypted ROM from Left Turn Only. We hope that it is before the end of July 2020. 

PayPal is notorious for not only expensive fees, but also really poor exchange rates. We wish to mitigate the poor exchange for non-United States based customers by collecting in Euros for European customers, and Canadian Dollars for Canadian Customers and in US dollars for American customers. Customers in other countries may opt to pay in Euros or US Dollars.  

We will be charging the equivalent of $20 US (up two dollars from our standard shipping and handling fee) due to the very high costs that it takes to get items mailed to Elektronite World HQ in Thailand. The cost of the game is $70 US + $20 US (or equivalent) for the game shipped via Registered mail (with a tracking number) via Small Packet Air Mail (when available). We wrap the game in bubble wrap and tape it. We then wrap the game in cardboard and tape it and finally we wrap the game in one more layer of bubble wrap and tape it and place it in an envelope. This allows us to send the game in the cheapest possible method. We have sent out approximately 300 packages this way and only on two occasions has the box been crushed/bent. We feel that there is nothing to worry about regarding your package arriving in pristine condition. However, if you are wary of our method and wish us to place the game in a cardboard box, we can do that but at an increased shipping price. (more than a few dollars) Please be advised that we cannot take responsibility for rough handling of our packages by the post office. Please advise us if you wish to pay extra for alternative shipping when the game is ready to ship. 

When you are asked to pre-order, I would kindly ask that you follow the procedure below so we can keep track of things.

Pay via PayPal in Euros or US Dollars. Do NOT let PayPal convert the money! (It will default in many cases to convert to CAD)

When we ask for payment we will determine the number of Euros or Canadian dollars from www.xe.com

Currently, $90 US is 78 Euros and $120 CAD

Canadians may pay via Interac bank transfers or PayPal in CAD dollars or US Dollars or Euros. We prefer Interac. 

Put either FB (Facebook reservation) #XX or AA (Atari Age reservation) #XX so I can see who is paying for the game.....for example AA #49 is 'BriceZ'.....

Put your mailing address in the instructions (so I don't have to go into PayPal to find the address)

Put the first five characters of the 32 character HEX Unique ID for your LTO Flash! in the instructions along with the email if different from your paypal email that you want the ROM emailed to. The Unique ID is NOT on the box. That is simply a serial number. The Unique ID is found in the GUI or on an Intellivision screen in the LTO Flash! cartridge. We do not need the full 32 character HEX code, but the first 5 characters MUST be correct!

Please NOTE: 

1. You do NOT need to have an LTO Flash! to do a pre-order.

2. If you obtain an LTO Flash! in the future, you may claim a free LTO Flash! ROM at a later date.

3. The ROM is encrypted for use on YOUR LTO Flash!  alone and will not work on any emulators. We will not send ROMS for use on emulators under any circumstances, so please don't ask. 

4. When we send the ROM, we will mark your purchase as 'shipped'. Do not panic. It does not mean that you will not get your 'complete in box' copy of A Tale of Dragons and Swords. We are simply trying to avoid PayPal freaking out on us and locking our account until we ship the product.  

We will be ordering the boxes as soon as we collect payment, and the same goes for the cartridges and overlays. We will be printing the manuals and cartridge stickers in Thailand. We hope to have the game pre-orders ready to ship in 3 months or less. However, we cannot promise that the post offices will co-operate, so the game will ship when we can ship it. 

The game is complete and not a 'work in progress'. Therefore, you can be confident that this game is going to ship before Christmas. Hopefully, you will have it in your hands before November 2020.

Thanks for your support! These games take a tremendous amount of money to produce and pre-ordering has REALLY helped make this a reality. 

The Elektronite Team

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

For those of us who reserved via Facebook, where do we find out the reservation number?  I haven't seen anything on Facebook about this game since the reserve-a-copy post a while ago.

The facebook list has a number beside your name, exactly like here. The list was moved on to the Elektronite facebook page from Intellivision Invasion. There is no further activity on the Intellivision Invasion page. 

12 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

The facebook list has a number beside your name, exactly like here. The list was moved on to the Elektronite facebook page from Intellivision Invasion. There is no further activity on the Intellivision Invasion page. 

Thanks.  I was able to locate my number.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:11 AM, Games For Your Intellivision said:

1. Steve Jones 1 copy
2. Jaxivision 1 copy
3. Mphokie 1 copy
4. KylJoy 1 copy
5. Gray Defender 1 copy
6. jim23c 1 copy
7. Black_Tiger 1 copy
9. Zendocon 1 copy
10. Intellivet 1 copy
11. Humblejack 1 copy
12. eebuckeye 1 copy
13. wolfy62 2 copies
14. poconojo 1 copy
15. TrekMD 1 copy
16. AJChandler 1 copy
17. Kamikazi26 1 copy
18. artrag 1 copy
19. cmadruga 1 copy
20. russ99 1 copy
21. Eisengrim 1 copy
22. gunoz 1 copy
23. WaveRider1970 1 copy
26. squidnik 1 copy
27. intvsteve 1 copy
28. cvga 1 copy
29. HunterZero 1 copy
30. vazquezrik 1 copy
31. intellivotion 2 copy
32. bugcatcher88 1 copy
33. mianrtcv 1 copy
34. Alex.Pace 1 copy
35. RetroAl 1 copy
36. ThunderDunks 1 copy
38. RayXambeR 1 copy

39. harveyjcat 1 copy

40. DMonroe 2 copies

41. iglesd 1 copy

42. furor 1 copy

43. cubelindo 1 copy

44. Screl 1 copy

45. reims_de 1 copy

46. Nurmix 1 copy

1. Steve Jones 1 copy
2. Jaxivision 1 copy
3. Mphokie 1 copy
4. KylJoy 1 copy
5. Gray Defender 1 copy
6. jim23c 1 copy
7. Black_Tiger 1 copy
9. Zendocon 1 copy
10. Intellivet 1 copy
11. Humblejack 1 copy
12. eebuckeye 1 copy
13. wolfy62 2 copies
14. poconojo 1 copy
15. TrekMD 1 copy
16. AJChandler 1 copy
17. Kamikazi26 1 copy
18. artrag 1 copy
19. cmadruga 1 copy
20. russ99 1 copy
21. Eisengrim 1 copy
22. gunoz 1 copy
23. WaveRider1970 1 copy
26. squidnik 1 copy
27. intvsteve 1 copy
28. cvga 1 copy
29. HunterZero 1 copy
30. vazquezrik 1 copy
31. intellivotion 2 copy
32. bugcatcher88 1 copy
33. mianrtcv 1 copy
34. Alex.Pace 1 copy
35. RetroAl 1 copy
36. ThunderDunks 1 copy
38. RayXambeR 1 copy

39. harveyjcat 1 copy

40. DMonroe 2 copies

41. iglesd 1 copy

42. furor 1 copy

43. cubelindo 1 copy

44. Screl 1 copy

45. reims_de 1 copy

46. Nurmix 1 copy

47. -^CrossBow^- 1 copy

48. poconojo 1 copy

49. BriceZ 1 copy

50. KevinMos3 1 copy

51. imstarryeyed 1 copy

52. Aramist70 1 copy

•  

We are ready to begin pre-orders.

Please email elektronite@hotmail.com with your Reservation number in the subject line.

For Example........Subject AA Reservation #1 Steve Jones .... We will respond with instructions on how to pay.

Please indicate if you are Canadian for special instructions on how to pay via Interac in Canadian Dollars.

Thank you for the support!

We will email you your LTO Flash! ROM of A Tale of Dragons and Swords when we receive payment.