IGNORED

A Tale of Dragons and Swords

7 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Did you guys managed to see the third ending? (that one has nothing to do with the difficulty level)

Perhaps someone saw the third ending and thought it was the second ending.

Let's code-name them so people who have seen them knows which one they saw:

1-liver

2-empire

3-rider

Which ones did you see?

Definitely seen 1 and 2.  Interesting, not sure what to do to get that 3rd ending.

10 hours ago, Eisengrim said:

I just finished it on Hard as well. Do you remember how much damage you were able to do to the dragon? I worked really hard to get my attack level higher than its defense level but still only did 1 HP of damage with each hit.

I'm level 31.  HP 99, AT 37 and DF 35

I am doing 2 points of damage per hit.

8 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Did you guys managed to see the third ending? (that one has nothing to do with the difficulty level)

Perhaps someone saw the third ending and thought it was the second ending.

Let's code-name them so people who have seen them knows which one they saw:

1-liver

2-empire

3-rider

Which ones did you see?

I've seen 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, Eisengrim said:

OK, I'm at 30 and my AT is 36. I think I'm doing the 'honest' 1 HP of damage then over its DF of 35, whereas at lower levels I was being granted a baseline 1 HP with every hit.

Yeah it's easy to level at this point.  Run back and forth between the two vendors killing everything.  Use all the gold to quick heal at the vendor.  Repeat.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to a cold front and some cold, windy, rainy weather, I got to spend the entire day with, "A Tale of Dragon and Sword".  What a fantastic game!  I had so much fun exploring the dungeon today.  I wasn't sure how many levels there were--but once I got to level 5, I couldn't hold the map in my head anymore.  Brought back a lot of memories to get out a piece of graph paper and map the level. 

When I got to the dragon, I wasn't able to do any damage to it, even though my attack is higher than its defense.  Is there a specific place you have to hit?  I've tried the nose, eyes, neck and claws.  Perhaps I need to level up a bit more, but based on the damage formula, I should be seeing the dragon's HP go down at least from 99 to 98 before I die--right?

Torn between asking for help and figuring it out on my own--so maybe just a hint?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gar0u said:

Thanks to a cold front and some cold, windy, rainy weather, I got to spend the entire day with, "A Tale of Dragon and Sword".  What a fantastic game!  I had so much fun exploring the dungeon today.  I wasn't sure how many levels there were--but once I got to level 5, I couldn't hold the map in my head anymore.  Brought back a lot of memories to get out a piece of graph paper and map the level. 

When I got to the dragon, I wasn't able to do any damage to it, even though my attack is higher than its defense.  Is there a specific place you have to hit?  I've tried the nose, eyes, neck and claws.  Perhaps I need to level up a bit more, but based on the damage formula, I should be seeing the dragon's HP go down at least from 99 to 98 before I die--right?

Torn between asking for help and figuring it out on my own--so maybe just a hint?

Does the dragon "flash" to white when you hit it?

If the dragon does not flash you are not hitting it. It is harder to hit than it looks.

Take a look at the end of the promo video and see the dragon fight. Even I struggle to hit it but you will see that I eventually do and the dragon flashes.

This video link should start directly to the dragon fight:

Thanks for the video.  That helps to see how it's done.  I'm probably missing it.  Like you said, it's a hard fight.  That dragon breath weapon is fierce!

Thanks so much for the help, and for such a great game.  I'm having a lot of fun with it!

On 4/26/2021 at 6:57 AM, Sinjinhawke said:

You can buy the ROM for LTO if you have one.  At least you can according to the always entertaining and topical Intellivision Revolution newsletter. 

Unfortunately, ROM sales are suspended until further notice. We are awaiting the roms for all of the new LTO Flash! units that recently have been sold. 

5 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I expect to have copies for sale in 2-3 months, depending on shipping times of the manuals from Thailand, etc.

They will be going in the mail via Air Mail in a day or two. Then the only thing that still needs to be sent are cartridges from Left Turn Only. That should hopefully happen in 2-3 months. 

7 hours ago, bradhig1 said:

I want it but can't get it because I am in the US.   I can't even order Hover Bovver.

There are currently no copies of 'A Tale of Dragons and Swords' for sale. When it is for sale, everyone will be able to purchase it. The Blue Sky Rangers will have copies available in a few months. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...