IGNORED

A Tale of Dragons and Swords

10 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

I'm in, but have already stated that on the Facebook post.  PM me if you need to know what Facebook name goes with Lathe26 on AA to avoid double-counting.

Please don't PM me with requests to be put on the list. 

Please don't express interest here if you've already done so on facebook. 

7 hours ago, artrag said:

I want to join the preorder. Kai's work has to continue!

PS

Is it true that if I connect my LTO to my PC via USB I can play the encrypted rom with jzintv?

Unfortunately, it is not true. If anyone would know if it was possible, it would be Joe. However, it probably would require a custom compile of Jzintv and have to be able to recognize the cartridge too. 

11 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

In a perfect world, I would just be able to distribute the ROM unprotected.

Second best would be if you could tie files to a specific PC, perhaps using the CPU serial number. It would allow you to distribute protected ROMs that could be played via emulation, as long as the emulator supported it. Unfortunately it is possible to change the CPU serial number, but it would require anyone distributing ROM files bought from you to reveal their own PC (so 100% traceable who is a bad customer) and a bit cumbersome process if the pirate has multiple different pieces of software working on different serial numbers.

• Like 1

Do I understand the OP correctly?  I'm definitely interested in buying/pre-ordering a cartridge, with or without a box.  I'm not so interested in a ROM for the LTO only, although I AM interested in a ROM for the LTO in addition to a cartridge.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

Do I understand the OP correctly?  I'm definitely interested in buying/pre-ordering a cartridge, with or without a box.  I'm not so interested in a ROM for the LTO only, although I AM interested in a ROM for the LTO in addition to a cartridge.

The proposal as it stands is that if we ask for pre-orders, that we will give an LTO Flash! ROM as a bonus to the person pre-ordering. 

Having an LTO Flash! is NOT a requirement to pre-order. If a person pre-orders and later gets an LTO Flash!, we will be happy to supply a free LTO Flash! ROM for the purchaser. 

ROM sales are not high enough to be an exclusive release method. Please keep in mind that the LTO Flash! ROM will only work with LTO Flash! and not work with emulators.