IGNORED

Jzintv ImGui

jenergy

On 1/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, jenergy said:

Landscape

image.png

I have a question unrelated to the GUI.

What is "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons - Quest (1983) (Mattel).rom"? I know Cloudy, Tower and Tarmin but what is that one?

On topic - I like how this looks and will be playing with it today. :)

3 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

I have a question unrelated to the GUI.

What is "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons - Quest (1983) (Mattel).rom"? I know Cloudy, Tower and Tarmin but what is that one?

Quest is an unfinished Intellivoice game.  It was still in development in 1983 when the Intellivoice was cancelled at Mattel Electronics.  The programmer was a D&D fan and Quest was suppose to be closer to real D&D.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180515132149/http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/voice2.shtml#quest

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Quest is an unfinished Intellivoice game.  It was still in development in 1983 when the Intellivoice was cancelled at Mattel Electronics.  The programmer was a D&D fan and Quest was suppose to be closer to real D&D.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180515132149/http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/voice2.shtml#quest

?I think I have it because it was on some 'collection' found over the net, I never played with it

4 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

Great! Let me know if you notice bugs or you have suggestions

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

jzIntv automatically recognizes any attached joysticks to your system..if it is correctly configured in your OS.  What you can do is change mapping of buttons, by configuring and use a "keyboard hack file", you can find in "Resources/Config" some examples, and complete documentation is in the "Doc" folder of jzIntv.

In jzIntvImGui there's an option to enable the keyboard hack file. This option basically converts your choice into the "--kbdhackfile=<path to file>" option, and passes it to the emulator.

Said that...you make me discover a bug into my program ?

In order to make things work on Android Devices, I've changed some part of jzIntv code, but I introduced a bug on the Joystick Management..Furthermore, there's another bug related to the libSDL library.  Both of them basically prevent the correct use of Joystick in jzIntvImGui.

So, thank you... ? 

I already fixed the first of them, I'm gonna fix the second as soon as possible, and I'll release a "Hot Fix patch" for this problem.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @juancho,

yes the GUI works also on Nintendo Switch, I use it nearly every day, even if for some minutes ? I just have to update it with latest version, hope soon.

But what you've seen in the video was the pure port of jzIntv, prior to the GUI, and I simply changed the source code in order to force a particular game to launch. I created an executable file for every game. Now that the GUI is out, thoose executable are useless (I think I deleted them)

I will send you a p.m..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Android version available! And, of course, also Windows and Linux latest versions are included.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPJIEoIANWO31gKMSI21wGQiily9Qbbu/view?usp=sharing

Finally I can share a (should be) stable version, I've fixed many bugs and Android problems ?

You can flip controls (as @mr_me suggested)

image.thumb.png.8fac70269acf4cc32d89d6228f9359fc.pngimage.thumb.png.018648823340eb2ccce3bdc65ce09117.png

They're still completely configurable

image.thumb.png.b836b4bee394343ff57d2692cc9d0f89.png

A real style Ecs keyboard  ?

image.thumb.png.f7bedf265573309e48ec1b00bb294533.png

Take snapshot:

image.thumb.png.c8244a5af9a6b907659c8b8193f5c2f3.png

I also updated almost every screenshot/boxes/descriptions of my collection. In order to reduce size of package, I downsampled boxes png, but if you prefer them in a better resolution, replace all pngs in folder "resources/Images/Boxes" with these

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eZWXaHaLWvOVzrHP7Sii1IJsVMpUqcL2/view?usp=sharing

On Android, once installed you can find that folder in folder "jzIntvImGui" in the internal SD root of your device.

Obviously, ROMS (and bioses) are *NOT* included, so you'll have to copy them in a folder of your device and browse to that folder in configuration window (thanks to aiekick @ https://github.com/aiekick/ImGuiFileDialog for this)

image.thumb.png.6714615e4709daf9b50440bda1fa1909.png

I hope you can like it  ?

In the very next days I'll start to understand how to put the whole project on GitHub

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 12:16 PM, jenergy said:

Hi,

finally I've put the whole project on GitHub. You can find it here, if you want to contribute or to take a look at the code. If you just want binaries, here is your place. There's the 2.2.6 version now, for Windows, Linux and Android.

Thanks again to @Zendocon for his PRECIOUS support.

Have fun!

Hi jenergy,

I'm trying your JZINTV front end but whenever I try to open a .rom or .bin or .itv file that I know I have I keep getting the same error:

"Unable to start, at least one bios not found in roms path"

I am pointed to the correct directory that contains all of the .rom and .bin and .itv files.

Thanks

Game load error.png

15 hours ago, mrb55 said:

Hi jenergy,

I'm trying your JZINTV front end but whenever I try to open a .rom or .bin or .itv file that I know I have I keep getting the same error:

"Unable to start, at least one bios not found in roms path"

I am pointed to the correct directory that contains all of the .rom and .bin and .itv files.

Thanks

JzIntvImGui creates a folder called "jzIntvImGui" in your device storage.  There's a file called "jzIntvImGui.ini" which you can view and modify.  Look for "roms_folder" to see where the app is looking for your files.  You need exec.bin and grom.bin (and ecs.bin, for ECS games) in this folder.  For TutorVision, you will also want the wbexec.bin and gromintv.bin files.

• 3 weeks later...

For Windows users only: here you can find a new unofficial version, containing the 'Break' key bugfix (unable to pause the game) and now you can select an launch an external jzIntv, if you need to use frontend for launch different versions of jzIntv than the embedded one (which is the latest SDL2 version with some minor changes). This is useful for example if you need to launch SDL1 version, for some reason.

External jzintv.exe (case insensitive) must be placed in the same folder of main executable

Thanks to @larryvgs for reporting, suggestions and tests!!

P.S: It's still unofficial because I need to create executable for Linux also, and maybe to fix other little things before create a new official release.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jenergy said:

Thanks to @larryvgs for reporting, suggestions and tests!!

Thanks to @jenergy for his amazing gui for jzIntv!!

The "for some reason" you would want to use the SDL1 version of jzIntv is because the SDL2 version doesn't recognize some USB controllers correctly whereas the SDL1 version does.  Triggers cannot be mapped on an XBox 360 controller or XBox Series X/S controller, and on two Retro-Bit USB controllers I have, one being the Genesis 6-button controller, the D-pad is not recognized.  I suspect other retro USB controllers might not work also with the SDL2 version of jzIntv.  So kudos to @jenergy for finding a way to use another version of jzIntv inside his excellent program which I strongly recommend to anyone wanting an easier way to use jzIntv.

Also, I just got a chance to try out his Android version of jzIntvImGui and it is outstanding as well.  You just install the apk you find in the main jzIntvImGui release onto your Android device, copy your Roms folder over to the same directory on your Android (which should already have the needed Intellivision files) and you're set.  The on screen touch controls are super customizable and you can save them for each game.

For a explanation on how to customize the controls for Android go here: https://github.com/jenergy/jzIntvImGui/

Also, strongly recommended for anyone looking to use jzIntv on Android.

Edited by larryvgs
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 6:00 PM, bkumanchik said:

I'm trying to get jzintv to work on my Steamdeck and I'm getting this error:

./jzintv: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

thanks for any help

Brian

You have a P.M.

• 8 months later...

Earlier in the year I got this working on my laptop. I was able to play Tag Along Todd.... 👍

I wanted to make it work on my PC because Tag Along Todd played on my Ultimate Flashback (jzintv) will not give a final score of cans collected unless you beat the timer. Meaning once the timer runs out. So if Todd catches you beforehand you won't see your score. I wanted to see if the same thing happened using Gui on my PC. 

Thankfully Gui showed the score so the experiment worked.... :P 

This is especially annoying on level 5v9 where you simply cannot finish the match without getting caught. I was able to score 111 cans on this level using Gui..... My record on this level is 118 cans using my LTO Flash and 2609. 

• Like 1