IGNORED

Star Strike Re-Imagined

I know Star Strike isn't the most playable of the classic games, despite its top notch graphics for its time. But i think the concept of a Star Wars inspired Trench run space battle game always has potential to be fun. You could even have a  vector like level as a homage to the Star Wars arcade game. Anyone else onboard?

• Like 1

I've always thought Star Strike strike could be sooooo much better.  Great concept, but they forgot to make the gameplay fun and engaging.  I always get bored with it, and would much rather play Space Battle or Space Spartans.  But I'm not sure how it could be changed and still remain a "trench run" game.  Maybe there could be a battle screen that it switches to when enemy fighters arrive, then once you destroy them, it goes back to the Trench view.  Not sure.  All I know is that is that the gameplay is underwhelming in it's current state.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I've always thought Star Strike strike could be sooooo much better.  Great concept, but they forgot to make the gameplay fun and engaging.  I always get bored with it, and would much rather play Space Battle or Space Spartans.  But I'm not sure how it could be changed and still remain a "trench run" game.  Maybe there could be a battle screen that it switches to when enemy fighters arrive, then once you destroy them, it goes back to the Trench view.  Not sure.  All I know is that is that the gameplay is underwhelming in it's current state.

Having only one life doesn’t help matters. 

• Like 1

There is something enjoyable there, but it's a bottom 10 game for me as is.  3 lives and a chance to get extra lives with a cycle that increases with difficulty with a success (instead of the game freezing and requiring you to reset) would all be improvements.

I'm totally down for a star strike 2 or a reimagined version.. I bet the amico version would look cool. I sure hope we get some more game sneak peeks this month!!  Maybe a shifty eyed dealer? Maybe a baseball announcement or a burgertime teaser?? One can only hope

-chuck-

• Like 1