IGNORED

*New* pictures of our Atari 8-bit setups

TapperP

Hey Tim, sorry to hear about the work situation, sadly it was a no win situation there, bosses son and all that but it shows tremendous class to still stand up to it and take a pop back. as yo know I had a rather rough time towards the end with work. Awful working environments are incredibly stressful, more so than many imagine.

Glad of two things, you are on the mend and you have still been able to hold on to great big chunk of your collection...Well done that man.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

■ 800XL with Controller Card, Omnimon XL, stereo pokey, dual SIO, internal SIO2PC-USB, UAV, ½mb

■ 1050 Happy

■ EclaireXL with bespoke 3d-printed case/lighting

■ SDrive Max

■ 2x 1050 ISPlate

■ Ultimate Cart, Side2, Syscheck II

IMG_20200702_161013.thumb.jpg.d2120155338fc2931c4638f7dede57f0.jpg

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Hey Tim, sorry to hear about the work situation, sadly it was a no win situation there, bosses son and all that but it shows tremendous class to still stand up to it and take a pop back. as yo know I had a rather rough time towards the end with work. Awful working environments are incredibly stressful, more so than many imagine.

Glad of two things, you are on the mend and you have still been able to hold on to great big chunk of your collection...Well done that man.

Paul.

Yeah, not to mention the racism of the place as well as the sexual harassment I had to see the women put up with (who didn't quit the place).

Bygones. Bygones.

--Tim

Edited by Timothy Kline

3 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

A Tom Brady-themed 800XL and 1050.  Hummm.  Well, maybe not these days.  How'd those keys get so red?

not really Brady - Patriots (i was a Patriots fan 19 years before Brady threw a ball for them).

spray paint.

16 minutes ago, Timothy Kline said:

Yeah, not to mention the racism of the place as well as the sexual harassment I had to see the women put up with (who didn't quit the place).

Bygones. Bygones.

--Tim

Best way to look at it...Onward and upward...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

When I see stuff like this displayed so nicely I also feel jealous yet I had a lot of stuff BITD but displaying it was never my strong point, instead it sat in piles or in boxes in the corner..

Not pretty...

That is pretty much me at the moment.  I would probably need to take 2 weeks off of work and then work on my house to be able to show any particular set up...  as it is I have Atari co.puters and various peripherals strewn all over (doesn't help that I got into printers lately too!)

32 minutes ago, StickJock said:

Are you saying that his paint job "deflated" the value? ? ?

well it probably doesn't as:

a: i don't intend to sell it, and

b: if i did, i have a spare case

3 minutes ago, brenski said:

It was a joke, referring to the under-inflated footballs scandal, sometimes called "deflate-gate".

I kinda dig the red-faced 1050, though.

Edited by StickJock
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, brenski said:

Well, I have to admit that I don't like case modding very much but at least it shows passion for ATARI and that's what counts. ?

3 hours ago, patjomki said:

Well, I have to admit that I don't like case modding very much but at least it shows passion for ATARI and that's what counts. ?

I agree. If people enjoy modding a case that's fine with me. Personally I like keeping these computers clean and original.

My current 8-bit and ST setup.  

800XL

576K upgrade

1050 Happy Drive

SIO2PC

IDEPlus

SIO2SD (shared with 400 in living room)

850 with iPocket232 serial to Ethernet

1040STf

4MB RAM upgrade

B&W and Color CRTs with Monitor master switch box

AdSCSI adapter w/ 36GB Ultra160 SCSI drive with an SCA to 50-pin adapter

I want an UltraSatan, NetUSBee and a VGA adapter at some point for the ST.  I want a MIDI interface for the 8-bit too.

And both are running Stunt Car Racer :-D

20190526_015323.jpg

Edited by kogden
  • Like 4