IGNORED

Intellivision games matching Star Wars saga scenes

I guess we all grew up with Star Wars, especially if you are as young as me (...ehm...) and you are in your 50's.

I checked with all Intellivision games (classics and homebrews) and found only six games matching Star Wars saga scenes (in chronological order):

Blockade RunnerSolo: A Star Wars Story (The Kessel run)

Space Battle/Space Spartans – Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (The Tie Fighter attack)

Star StrikeStar Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (The Death Star battle)

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes BackStar Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (The planet Hoth battle)

Meteor Storm (from IntyBasic Showcase Vol. 2) – Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (The Hoth asteroid field)

Space Raid/ZaxxonStar Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (The battle of Starkiller Base)

The Dreadnaught FactorStar Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi (Poe Dameron's T-70 X-wing fighter vs. a First Order dreadnaught)

I didn't find any scene matching Space Battle, Space Armada, Space Hawk, Astrosmash, Space Spartans, Beamrider, Defender, Zaxxon, Atlantis, Demon Attack, Nova Blast, Astro Invader, Missile Domination et cetera

Did I miss anything?

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 4

I think one could argue that Space Battle and Space Spartans are very similar to the Tie Fighter attack on the Millennium Falcon in A New Hope.  When you are shooting down the spaceships, it's very similar to shooting the Tie Fighters from the gun turrets that Luke and Han used.  The ships really look like Ties in Space Spartans too, the kind Vader has.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I think one could argue that Space Battle and Space Spartans are very similar to the Tie Fighter attack on the Millennium Falcon in A New Hope.  When you are shooting down the spaceships, it's very similar to shooting the Tie Fighters from the gun turrets that Luke and Han used.  The ships really look like Ties in Space Spartans too, the kind Vader has.

so be it! I will add them in the list

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Loafer said:

Zaxxon could reflect the attack on the city by the rebels at the end of Rogue One

in this case I would also put in the list the true Zaxxon game compatible with the Intellivision system: Space Raid

btw, what are you referring to? Rogue One ends with the long battle on planet Scarif

27 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

in this case I would also put in the list the true Zaxxon game compatible with the Intellivision system: Space Raid

btw, what are you referring to? Rogue One ends with the long battle on planet Scarif

Yeah, the Rebels never really attacked/bombed any city/planet directly with their ships - At least not that I recall

The battle at Scarif was a ground assault with a big space battle.

Edited by fdr4prez

2 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Yeah, the Rebels never really attacked/bombed any city/planet directly with their ships - At least not that I recall

actually only Commando reminds me of the battle at Scarif

11 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Some rebels had made it inside the dome and attacked the empire's forces but it's true, it's not really relevant as much as The Force Awakens rebel attack on the Starkiller's base at the end of that movie.  Right?  RIGHT?? :)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Some rebels had made it inside the dome and attacked the empire's forces but it's true, it's not really relevant as much as The Force Awakens rebel attack on the Starkiller's base at the end of that movie.  Right?  RIGHT?? :)

Right! RIGHT! :)

• Haha 1