IGNORED

Can we change the date format in SpartaDOS?

I looked back several pages of threads looking for an appropriate SpartaDOS or U1MB related thread to ask this question, but couldn't really find one, so I decided to start a new one.

So, here goes.

Is there any way to change the date format in SpartDOS? It's in dd-mm-yy format. I think, at least here in the U.S., mm-dd-yy is the much more commonly accepted format these days. I'd like to switch to that if possible. I kind of assume that it isn't, or I figure I would've seen some images of SpartDOS setup that way by now, but I never have. Still, I thought I'd inquire.

When I saw this subject I was hoping it was related to setting the date to the ISO 8601 format (the only logical format;)

YYYY-MM-DD

Or at least the option:

YY-MM-DD

Unfortunately it doesn't look like either of those are options according to the manual.

If you're curious about ISO 8601, one of it's big advantages is files with the dates appended or pretended to their names can be simply sorted by their names in directories. Also, dates and times are arranged so the largest temporal term (the year) is placed to the left and each successively smaller term is placed to the right of the previous term. Just like our number systems... Sorry, I once wrote a corporate date policy to ensure dates were unambiguous in a healthcare setting. This standard is also used to interchange data between systems.... As you can see, I'm fun at parties...

3 minutes ago, Awch said:

When I saw this subject I was hoping it was related to setting the date to the ISO 8601 format (the only logical format;)

YYYY-MM-DD

Or at least the option:

YY-MM-DD

Unfortunately it doesn't look like either of those are options according to the manual.

If you're curious about ISO 8601, one of it's big advantages is files with the dates appended or pretended to their names can be simply sorted by their names in directories. Also, dates and times are arranged so the largest temporal term (the year) is placed to the left and each successively smaller term is placed to the right of the previous term. Just like our number systems... Sorry, I once wrote a corporate date policy to ensure dates were unambiguous in a healthcare setting. This standard is also used to interchange data between systems.... As you can see, I'm fun at parties...

To make this, it should be possible to have some one do so!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Thanks 1