jblenkle 13 points
jeremiahjt 7 points

b-Chips-Challenge-front.jpg

Link to manual scan

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=1860

Any corrections please post

Edited by roadrunner

26 minutes ago, doctor_shred said:

@roadrunner Can I just check the rules please?  Are we starting from level 1 and playing until we lose a life or until we get stuck on a level?  I seem to recall you have unlimited lives in this game as default.

This was literally the first Lynx game I played back in '92/'93.  It's a fantastic game. 

Good question, here's the settings from the last time this was played,

Settings - Lesson 1 (default) don't use any codes! Play as far as you can get

On 7/6/2020 at 2:18 AM, jblenkle said:

Chip's Challenge - 8,110

I got stuck on Level 7 and couldn't figure it out.

That one´s quite straight forward: Only get one tool at a time and use it to get a chip. You will lose it when you come to the starting screen again (which is inavoidable) but that´s not a problem, as you need each tool only one single time! Go for it!

By the way: I wanted to join, but I do not have the cartridge and can play on emulator only. And that is quite unfair in my eyes, as I can simply save the state every time. But I will use this chance to finally get to the higher levels which I didn´t make it too back in the days.

For whatever reason I do have two Lynx´ (1 and 2, still not decided which one to use the McWill screen mod on which I have here) but only one cart (California games). Time to go on the hunt for some Lynx games again. Back in the days I mostly played this one (Chip´s Challenge), Gates of Zendocon, California Games, Vikings and APB. Found my love for the Lynx again, so I will watch out for a device to also play homebrews on it. Saw some great stuff at SillyVenture. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skr said:

That one´s quite straight forward: Only get one tool at a time and use it to get a chip. You will lose it when you come to the starting screen again (which is inavoidable) but that´s not a problem, as you need each tool only one single time! Go for it!

By the way: I wanted to join, but I do not have the cartridge and can play on emulator only. And that is quite unfair in my eyes, as I can simply save the state every time. But I will use this chance to finally get to the higher levels which I didn´t make it too back in the days.

For whatever reason I do have two Lynx´ (1 and 2, still not decided which one to use the McWill screen mod on which I have here) but only one cart (California games). Time to go on the hunt for some Lynx games again. Back in the days I mostly played this one (Chip´s Challenge), Gates of Zendocon, California Games, Vikings and APB. Found my love for the Lynx again, so I will watch out for a device to also play homebrews on it. Saw some great stuff at SillyVenture. :)

Thanks for the input, you can play Lynx games online in your browser here 
Cali Games will be played this season. :)

https://www.playemulator.com/atari-lynx-online/

3 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Thanks for the input, you can play Lynx games online in your browser here 
Cali Games will be played this season. :)

https://www.playemulator.com/atari-lynx-online/

Thanks, I know that one, but prefer Handy on my Mac. I have most of the ROMs and the emulator is just fine. But as I prefer the real thing, I´m trying to buy all the games again. I don´t care much about collecting the original boxes and most games sell as single carts for around 10€, should be easy enough to get most games again. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...