IGNORED

​ Brand new dust cover for the Atari Jaguar!

grey/msb

Hello everyone! First of all let me introduce a new, small company, called "Retro Venture". Our main goals are new accessories & new games for the whole range of Atari computers and consoles - made with love by the community for the community!

thinlogo.png

Here is our first video spot:

We bring back the good memories of the 80s & 90s!

We are pleased to present you our first official product! This is the anti-dust cover designed for the Atari Jaguar console.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

dust1.jpg

dust3.jpg

dust5.jpg

dust6.jpg

Not only is it very aesthetic (looks like glass) it is also resistant to cracks, fractures and UV radiation. The Jaguar has never looked so beautiful! :) The biggest problem associated with the external port for the cartridge goes down in history. The cover also has port cutouts for JoyPads, as well as I/O on the back of the console. Thanks to this, there is no need for disconnecting the console, and the Jaguar itself looks EXTREMELY attractive!

In addition, we took care with the design of the box that protects the lid from eventual damage, it is simply impossible. For this reason, the box can also serve as an additional Jaguar packaging (the console fits easily together with the cover - of course without the power supply).

There's also a small surprise inside the box with every order! :)

LONG LIVE THE JAGUAR!

Price: 35 euro

worldwide.jpg

We would like to inform everyone interested that shipping abroad is 14 euros. Please add this amount to the price of the product you want.

Make a transfer to the following PayPal account: info@retroventure.eu

If possible please use the friends and family payment method (
it'll save paying commission, that's friendly request, not mandatory).

Please send your home address information and the item(s) you are purchasing as a message in the same PayPal transaction.

Thanks for your interest.

Discounts are available on bulk or multiple orders, email for a price.

facebook.jpg

OFFICIAL RETRO VENTURE PROFILE - CLICK ME !

Edited by grey/msb
  • Like 2

It looks nice, but $55 USD is what it would run me and a long wait time to get to the states (if it doesn't get lost in shipping). It would be cool if you could somehow team up with AtariAge and have this accessory sold in the AA store. I don't know if that is something Albert would be interested in, but if it were available for purchase inside of the USA I would be more inclined to purchase.

• Like 2

As I mentioned on facebook, if there was a way to leave a skunkboard/JagGD in there with it on I'd buy in a heartbeat.  Does anyone leave their systems out without carts in the slots?  Could you not run an optional version with a gap for the cart slot, or have a clip-in cover for that on top?

And no, I don't believe "overheating" is a reason for not enabling that as you replied on facebook :)

• Like 2

It does look nice, but I have to echo the other sentiments expressed here, especially with what CJ said. Any dust cover that doesn't allow for the Jag to keep a cart in the slot is essentially useless for me, as I never leave the cart slot empty on mine.

• Like 1

Just now, Sauron said:

It does look nice, but I have to echo the other sentiments expressed here, especially with what CJ said. Any dust cover that doesn't allow for the Jag to keep a cart in the slot is essentially useless for me, as I never leave the cart slot empty on mine.

Well, I have to disagree personally. The *only* reason I leave a game cart in my Jag is to avoid dust getting into the slot. If I had this cover I would no longer have to do that.

To each their own I suppose ;)

• Like 3

@eightbit: hello :) there's no problem with shipping to USA from Poland. 14 euro for shipping to USA is a registered priority parcel.

@CyranoJ:

And no, I don't believe "overheating" is a reason for not enabling that as you replied on facebook :)

Mate, there are holes in the Jaguar housing on top (between ribs), so yes, overheating is a problem here. Also Retronics who sells dust covers for other Atari systems tell to the customers it's not allowed to run the computer or console while their covers rest on the housing. 

I am a bit surprised that somebody leave a cart in the slot, I never do that after playing :) And as I replied on FB too, our mail goal was to protect Jaguar from dust and a sleek design - what is achieved :) All the money earned on the dust covers will be spend to expand our offer for the Jaguar (like 2 news games - details in the next 1-2 months!).

Long live the Jaguar!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The main reason everyone leaves a cart in the jag slot at all times is because if a SPECK of dust gets in there; you will have the Red Screen issue.  I swap carts with one in the other hand ready to go; like i'm swapping magazines in my rifle on the battlefield and my life depends on it.

The cover looks cool; will keep an eye on the project.  

• Like 2

It looks very nice, but my Jaguar has been combined with its JagCD since '96.  Do you have any plans for one that fits a Jaguar with the JagCD attached?  Unfortunately, a cover for the base unit alone would be no use to me.

4 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

It looks very nice, but my Jaguar has been combined with its JagCD since '96.  Do you have any plans for one that fits a Jaguar with the JagCD attached?  Unfortunately, a cover for the base unit alone would be no use to me.

Once the Jaguar GD works with CD images you won't need the toilet seat, which again comes back to you can't leave a cart in either.

37 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Once the Jaguar GD works with CD images you won't need the toilet seat, which again comes back to you can't leave a cart in either.

Partially true... about the JagGD and cart slot.  But, I completely disagree about the toilet remark.  The Jaguar with CD looks like a futuristic hovercraft (not too unlike Hoverstrike).  Pretty cool appearance, I've always felt.

1 hour ago, KevinMos3 said:

Partially true... about the JagGD and cart slot.  But, I completely disagree about the toilet remark.  The Jaguar with CD looks like a futuristic hovercraft (not too unlike Hoverstrike).  Pretty cool appearance, I've always felt.

It looks like a futuristic hovercraft with a toilet seat on top of it.

:D

• Haha 3

The main reason everyone left a cart in the Jaguar all the time was to stop dust getting in there. This was one of the main reasons of getting the 'red screen', bad contacts caused by dust. Also leaving a cartridge in all the time can cause the cartridge slot pins to weaken, making a bad contact on the cartridge. Isn't it? :)

• Like 1

To let people run the Jaguar, when the dust cover is resting on the console? It doesn't solve the problem, mate :( It's still something, I would like to prevent, not allow (even if the cutout above the slot would be not a real problem).

I am so sorry.

Edited by grey/msb

On 7/2/2020 at 8:44 PM, grey/msb said:

patjomki: hello :) well, depends on the current sells. I was thinking about separated small dust cover for CD add-on, but I would need at least 100 orders to make it real (dunno how many Jag CD owners/fans is out there).

So hopefully you find 98 people more who want to have a dust cover for jag + cd not only @KevinMos3 and me. ?

And when designing the dust cover for jag + cd perhaps you can also think about leaving space for the Jag GD inserted? I actually don't see a reason for not leaving space because as the power buttoned is covered there is no easy way to operate the jaguar with the dust cover installed.

Edited by patjomki