IGNORED

Weeko, Wicko, Wieko?

StickJock

I think most of us probably started out with the CX40s.  For me, they always ended up getting flakey.  This was usually caused by the snap domes drifting under the tape.  I would peel the tape up and put them back where they belonged but then, of course, the tape didn't stick as well and they would drift again even sooner.  I think the plastic may have gotten deformed or cracked on some of them, too.  The Wico was a big upgrade for me. 

Although, now that I think back, I also had to do a repair in my Wico as well - I think one of the switches mount had broken or something. 

I also added a left forefinger button on the "front" of the base & a toggle to switch between all buttons work / normal / button held down.  I must have bought a pack of the little red pushbuttons from Jameco or something since I found that I had also added them to the other side of the paddles, and I have one on back of my 320XE as a Freezer button (makes warm resets into cold resets).

How do you pronounce deja vu?

AA post-How do you pronounce "Wico"?

??️

I never had a Wico Atari joystick, but I once found some Wico arcade machine joystick parts and made my own Atari joystick by mounting a stick into an electronic projects box. Worked OK but hard to hold the base because the box was too big hand and would not stay steady if set on a surface. Too much leverage needed to move the stick.

1606_2_0_0.JPG.e5a879689646c5c31fe77f468c577d75.JPG

I still have a few Wico Atari ST track balls. Took apart one and mounted the optical wheel sensor to the end a a steering wheel shaft and made my own steering controller. I made a lot of steering controllers until Force Feedback was properly done in the retail sold wheels.

7 hours ago, Stephen said:

How do you pronounce that?  Cocks dash four-oh?  Cucks dash forty?  See Ecks four-zero?

Sorry - couldn't resist.

P.S.

My gif comment was purely a joke as is this :)  Smile fellas, not everything's a jab looking for a fight.

It was happy trolling and friendly banter... I thought it funny!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

How do you pronounce that?  Cocks dash four-oh?  Cucks dash forty?  See Ecks four-zero?

Sorry - couldn't resist.

P.S.

My gif comment was purely a joke as is this :)  Smile fellas, not everything's a jab looking for a fight.

Good try Stephen! But the Brits pronounce CX-40 as "Sedex 40" just like ZX81 or ZX Spectrum are pronounced "Zedex 81," etc.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, martinez said:

Tell me about it... I’m looking forward to get one of these Competition Pro-likes from China. The price is cheap, but they didn’t start shipping so far ?

It looks good but at around 30UK its not too cheap, will wait to see comments on the actual feel of them..