IGNORED

FLOP 65 just released

Irgendwer

Quick hands on wrong place :-D

We've just released patch for my Fractari, it didn't work properly when launched from the reader. So if anyone already managed to get Flop 65 before this post existed, and is interested in the program, pls. redownload.

Btw. I'll make dedicated thread about Fractari, so if you have question, pls. wait few minutes.

And for the editorial stuff, thanks for reading, spread and enjoy.

Edit: Fractari thread here: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/308670-fractari-mandelbrot-set-generator-for-8bit-atari/

Edited by R0ger
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

http://flop.atariportal.cz/index.en.php

On side B you can find "Dizzy" - where I had again the pleasure to collaborate with Fandal.

Have fun!

dizzy.png

dizzy2.png

That FLOP intro... the piano-black reflection with all the sparkles on the air... and the Flop-title bouncing (instead of hat)... like an act of magic...

Pure class!!!

• Like 1

Just working my way through the disks at the moment...

I played Diamondz 3, that was good although I couldn't get off the first screen.

Now I am playing Letter Scrabble and I just got 2787/06/207 on my first game.

@flashjazzcatwill be happy to know that the word 'canny' is included :)

Edited by snicklin

I've got 3598/7/114 on my second game using a different strategy. Leave the board to fill up for ages, then start spelling out long words. Chances are, the letters are in there.

And on my 3rd game, 3879/07/44 (the last figure might give away my strategy here!).

Edited by snicklin

12 hours ago, snicklin said:

What is the key used in Dizzy to grab onto items? I can see that it is "Enter" on a ZX Spectrum.

Trigger/Fire-Button (?)

(And just to mention it, you can find the original of the title music here:

)

Edited by Irgendwer

2 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

Trigger/Fire-Button (?)

(And just to mention it, you can find the original of the title music here:

)

Now that you mention it. There was some "a ha" effect, after this video and playing the tune after the melodic part started. 

Nice progress compared to one older tune. 

I have one question here:  Why the speedy volume change. 

Such "orchestral" tunes always stay at a volume, not going into silence. 

So, actually I was surprised to listen to a nice sounding POKEY, but the not fluently progressing made me only wonder, why I know this somehow ;) 

On 7/2/2020 at 11:45 PM, Irgendwer said:

http://flop.atariportal.cz/index.en.php

On side B you can find "Dizzy" - where I had again the pleasure to collaborate with Fandal.

Have fun!

dizzy.png

dizzy2.png

It's very cool to be able to run classic Dizzy we missed on A8 for many, many years, thanks! :)

Just a question, is there a chance to enable in-game music (the one from the title screen) instead of SFX?

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

Just a question, is there a chance to enable in-game music (the one from the title screen) instead of SFX?

No, sorry. At some point of the development I came up with an more ambient tune for game play which even would go along the SFX, but Fandal decided against using it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Irgendwer said:

No, sorry. At some point of the development I came up with an more ambient tune for game play which even would go along the SFX, but Fandal decided against using it.

I see, thank you for an explanation anyway! ?

Good stuff, congrats to everyone involved!

Just a quick note: I could not get the disk a side a to boot in Altirra as I had disk accurate timings and XF551 emulation. All other drives (1050, 810 etc) boot the disk fine, but XF551 seems to load about 3 sectors, then halting for quite some time, then loading 2 sectors (or so) every few seconds. This ends with a high pitch voice emitted and seemingly nothing else. I did note that the magazine uses XDOS 2.43N, is this a known defect maybe?

(Very tempted to write the image on an actual floppy on my XF551 and test this out).

I really enjoyed the A-Track articles and the interview with Terry Chamberlain, all by Bohdan Milar. Just read it this afternoon. And coincidentally yesterday I talked with my dad about my old Roco sets (HO rails, 4041A en 5024B), which he apparently still has in storage after his last year's move!

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ggn said:

Good stuff, congrats to everyone involved!

Just a quick note: I could not get the disk a side a to boot in Altirra as I had disk accurate timings and XF551 emulation. All other drives (1050, 810 etc) boot the disk fine, but XF551 seems to load about 3 sectors, then halting for quite some time, then loading 2 sectors (or so) every few seconds. This ends with a high pitch voice emitted and seemingly nothing else. I did note that the magazine uses XDOS 2.43N, is this a known defect maybe?

(Very tempted to write the image on an actual floppy on my XF551 and test this out).

Thanks for the report, will pass it up to guys responsible.