IGNORED

SHARK SHARK 2! ADD-ON PACKAGE.

I ordered the game circuit board for $25 and made a separate order of $30 for the box, manual, overlays, and cartridge label. Seems some people are unsure of what they are ordering so I hope this helps, and that I got it right.

The game circuit board is from here: http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/orderintelligentvision?fbclid=IwAR2YSJbW0-BiqfgnxkF_e990sheCUzAwD1Aq-WLjQ_C-vEtAQUJ8nLPh0Ik

The box, manual, overlays, and label is from here: http://intellivision.us/shark2.php

I think you can put the circuit board inside an Intellivision cartridge shell. I'm not sure how to do that but I hope to figure it out by the time this all arrives. I'm guessing it won't be too difficult.

1 hour ago, goldengalaxiesgaming said:

I ordered the game circuit board for $25 and made a separate order of $30 for the box, manual, overlays, and cartridge label. Seems some people are unsure of what they are ordering so I hope this helps, and that I got it right.

The game circuit board is from here: http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/orderintelligentvision?fbclid=IwAR2YSJbW0-BiqfgnxkF_e990sheCUzAwD1Aq-WLjQ_C-vEtAQUJ8nLPh0Ik

The box, manual, overlays, and label is from here: http://intellivision.us/shark2.php

I think you can put the circuit board inside an Intellivision cartridge shell. I'm not sure how to do that but I hope to figure it out by the time this all arrives. I'm guessing it won't be too difficult.

Yes everything you said is correct. To swap a board from an old Intellivision cart, remove the 2 screws on the bottom (use an older cart that has screws, newer ones didn't), take out the existing board, put in the new one, put screws back in. Easy as pie, should take less than 5 minutes. Only possible problem is if you put the new board in upside down.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Yes everything you said is correct. To swap a board from an old Intellivision cart, remove the 2 screws on the bottom (use an older cart that has screws, newer ones didn't), take out the existing board, put in the new one, put screws back in. Easy as pie, should take less than 5 minutes. Only possible problem is if you put the new board in upside down.

Yeah, you don't want to put the board in upside down - trying to swim around and eat fish while upside down is quite the challenge :rolling:

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Rev said:

You may have to order the triangle screwdriver. I think the size is 3.  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Rev, I had to buy one recently...mine was “misplaced” ;)

the size for intellivision carts is 2.3mm

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

he may ask Freewheel whether he has some leftovers of the FW Diagnostics kit, which included the triangle screwdriver

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goldengalaxiesgaming said:

Yes, just sacrifice an old common cart with Phillips screws.  Remove the old label (might need to use some Goo Gone), clean with isopropyl alcohol, add new label, and insert new circuit board.  Don't install the board upside-down and don't overtighten the screws.  Also, choose a cartridge that has an insert line.

Use one with insert line, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-230946.thumb.png.ce9aa8b5de71c13139879e4051969654.png

It might not fit well in an older shell without the insert like, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-231201.thumb.png.36c475772c2afec9cc5e1a3981393f23.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Yes, just sacrifice an old common cart with Phillips screws.  Remove the old label (might need to use some Goo Gone), clean with isopropyl alcohol, add new label, and insert new circuit board.  Don't install the board upside-down and don't overtighten the screws.  Also, choose a cartridge that has an insert line.

Use one with insert line, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-230946.thumb.png.ce9aa8b5de71c13139879e4051969654.png

It might not fit well in an older shell without the insert like, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-231201.thumb.png.36c475772c2afec9cc5e1a3981393f23.png

Well now you’re just showing off. ???

• Haha 1

The Shark Shark 2 2019 version is not available for download yet. I think I released a preliminary version back in 2015 (?).

The Shark Shark 2 board will fit in every original Mattel shell. I am not sure why cmart604 says it may not fit. i have put this board in thousands of shells with no issues.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, intvdave said:

The Shark Shark 2 2019 version is not available for download yet. I think I released a preliminary version back in 2015 (?).

The Shark Shark 2 board will fit in every original Mattel shell. I am not sure why cmart604 says it may not fit. i have put this board in thousands of shells with no issues.

I didn't say that at all. I was just talking about Jason showing an older Math Fun cart as I thought it was  one I'm missing and I'd talked to Jason about that recently. It was actually Word Fun that I'm missing. ?

The only homebrew circuit board that I’ve ever had trouble with was an very early one from Harvey. But he doesn’t use that one any longer. Both of his current boards fit any mattel shell. 

All current and previous LTO, Intelligentvision boards fit into any Mattel shell perfectly. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2