Jump to content
Steve Jones

SHARK SHARK 2! ADD-ON PACKAGE.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, intellivotion said:

by the way it's nice to see Intelligentvision back in action again


ummm. He never left.....

 

haha!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the game circuit board for $25 and made a separate order of $30 for the box, manual, overlays, and cartridge label. Seems some people are unsure of what they are ordering so I hope this helps, and that I got it right.

 

The game circuit board is from here: http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/orderintelligentvision?fbclid=IwAR2YSJbW0-BiqfgnxkF_e990sheCUzAwD1Aq-WLjQ_C-vEtAQUJ8nLPh0Ik

 

The box, manual, overlays, and label is from here: http://intellivision.us/shark2.php

 

I think you can put the circuit board inside an Intellivision cartridge shell. I'm not sure how to do that but I hope to figure it out by the time this all arrives. I'm guessing it won't be too difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goldengalaxiesgaming said:

I ordered the game circuit board for $25 and made a separate order of $30 for the box, manual, overlays, and cartridge label. Seems some people are unsure of what they are ordering so I hope this helps, and that I got it right.

 

The game circuit board is from here: http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/orderintelligentvision?fbclid=IwAR2YSJbW0-BiqfgnxkF_e990sheCUzAwD1Aq-WLjQ_C-vEtAQUJ8nLPh0Ik

 

The box, manual, overlays, and label is from here: http://intellivision.us/shark2.php

 

I think you can put the circuit board inside an Intellivision cartridge shell. I'm not sure how to do that but I hope to figure it out by the time this all arrives. I'm guessing it won't be too difficult.

Yes everything you said is correct. To swap a board from an old Intellivision cart, remove the 2 screws on the bottom (use an older cart that has screws, newer ones didn't), take out the existing board, put in the new one, put screws back in. Easy as pie, should take less than 5 minutes. Only possible problem is if you put the new board in upside down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Yes everything you said is correct. To swap a board from an old Intellivision cart, remove the 2 screws on the bottom (use an older cart that has screws, newer ones didn't), take out the existing board, put in the new one, put screws back in. Easy as pie, should take less than 5 minutes. Only possible problem is if you put the new board in upside down.

Yeah, you don't want to put the board in upside down - trying to swim around and eat fish while upside down is quite the challenge :rolling:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have to order the triangle screwdriver. I think the size is 3.  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rev said:

You may have to order the triangle screwdriver. I think the size is 3.  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Not if you use an older Poker cart shell. Regular screwdriver will work

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rev said:

You may have to order the triangle screwdriver. I think the size is 3.  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Rev, I had to buy one recently...mine was “misplaced” ;)

 

the size for intellivision carts is 2.3mm

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Rev, I had to buy one recently...mine was “misplaced” ;)

 

the size for intellivision carts is 2.3mm

 

 

Lol. I know where it is! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Yes everything you said is correct. To swap a board from an old Intellivision cart, remove the 2 screws on the bottom (use an older cart that has screws, newer ones didn't), take out the existing board, put in the new one, put screws back in. Easy as pie, should take less than 5 minutes. Only possible problem is if you put the new board in upside down.

he may ask Freewheel whether he has some leftovers of the FW Diagnostics kit, which included the triangle screwdriver

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, goldengalaxiesgaming said:

I ordered the game circuit board for $25 and made a separate order of $30 for the box, manual, overlays, and cartridge label. Seems some people are unsure of what they are ordering so I hope this helps, and that I got it right.

 

The game circuit board is from here: http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/orderintelligentvision?fbclid=IwAR2YSJbW0-BiqfgnxkF_e990sheCUzAwD1Aq-WLjQ_C-vEtAQUJ8nLPh0Ik

 

The box, manual, overlays, and label is from here: http://intellivision.us/shark2.php

 

I think you can put the circuit board inside an Intellivision cartridge shell. I'm not sure how to do that but I hope to figure it out by the time this all arrives. I'm guessing it won't be too difficult.

Yes, just sacrifice an old common cart with Phillips screws.  Remove the old label (might need to use some Goo Gone), clean with isopropyl alcohol, add new label, and insert new circuit board.  Don't install the board upside-down and don't overtighten the screws.  Also, choose a cartridge that has an insert line.

 

Use one with insert line, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-230946.thumb.png.ce9aa8b5de71c13139879e4051969654.png

 

It might not fit well in an older shell without the insert like, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-231201.thumb.png.36c475772c2afec9cc5e1a3981393f23.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Yes, just sacrifice an old common cart with Phillips screws.  Remove the old label (might need to use some Goo Gone), clean with isopropyl alcohol, add new label, and insert new circuit board.  Don't install the board upside-down and don't overtighten the screws.  Also, choose a cartridge that has an insert line.

 

Use one with insert line, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-230946.thumb.png.ce9aa8b5de71c13139879e4051969654.png

 

It might not fit well in an older shell without the insert like, like this:

Screenshot_20200704-231201.thumb.png.36c475772c2afec9cc5e1a3981393f23.png

Well now you’re just showing off. 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, knievel1 said:

Is the Shark! Shark! 2 rom from 2019 still out there somewhere?

Searched forum to no avail....

No sorry!

They put all the Roms on the boards.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 2:22 AM, cmart604 said:

Well now you’re just showing off. 😂😂😂

I hadn't realized the new boards didn't fit the no insert line cart shells.  When I opened my Sydney Hunter, I saw they had to make some modifications to make it fit.  Just sharing my experience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Shark Shark 2 2019 version is not available for download yet. I think I released a preliminary version back in 2015 (?).

 

The Shark Shark 2 board will fit in every original Mattel shell. I am not sure why cmart604 says it may not fit. i have put this board in thousands of shells with no issues.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Shark Shark 2 package print orders have gone to the printers, less than 20 copies left, get them before they're gone!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, intvdave said:

The Shark Shark 2 2019 version is not available for download yet. I think I released a preliminary version back in 2015 (?).

 

The Shark Shark 2 board will fit in every original Mattel shell. I am not sure why cmart604 says it may not fit. i have put this board in thousands of shells with no issues.

I didn't say that at all. I was just talking about Jason showing an older Math Fun cart as I thought it was  one I'm missing and I'd talked to Jason about that recently. It was actually Word Fun that I'm missing. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only homebrew circuit board that I’ve ever had trouble with was an very early one from Harvey. But he doesn’t use that one any longer. Both of his current boards fit any mattel shell. 

 

All current and previous LTO, Intelligentvision boards fit into any Mattel shell perfectly. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, cmart604 said:

Lol. I know where it is! 

In your car's glove box?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I was referring to this:

 

 

That was not an Intelligentvision release. The board I have been using since 2011 looks like this in a cart shell.

 

xWIN_20200708_17_57_36_Pro.jpg.81befc09256c6bcdf2d4bd5e0f56eee8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...