IGNORED

Pitkat

MarcoJ

2 minutes ago, chewy said:

until the system as cooled down!?!?! light sixer and harmony-reg here and i thought it worked- maybe i didnt play far enough yet?

Hi chewy. Only 2 people have reported this happening so far. It is mysterious at this point. 

Edited by MarcoJ

Just now, chewy said:

whoa!  hey whats incode/outcode mean or do? hey fantastic job looks AMAZING i have it on rt now!!!!

That's a password save function. You can finish the levels in whichever order you like, and obtain a password for your progress.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chewy said:

whoa!  hey whats incode/outcode mean or do? hey fantastic job looks AMAZING i have it on rt now!!!!

Download the ZIP file that is the first post in the thread and read the PDF manual and the extra README.TXT file as it will explain what everything does.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MarcoJ said:

No accessory is needed. When you have been given a password from "Outcode", you can enter that password in "Incode" and it will resume state of level completions. 

incredible! so you can probably get back to the menu somehow- i will read up tonite- manymany thanks

Edited by chewy

On 1/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, chavert said:

I use an atari 7800 pal with harmony cartridge or harmony encore.

The game does not work or has a bug during a game.

The problem must be that it doesn't work well on atari 7800 pal

yes with an atari vcs console the ntsc game works well

How does it not work? Does it work and then crash? Have you tried both the PAL and PAL60 versions?

The game was tested on an Atari 7800 NTSC and did work fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Pitkat received awards at the 3rd Annual Atari Homebrew Awards show, hosted by Zeropage Homebrew. It received 2nd for Best Port (overall), 3rd for Best Graphics (Port), and 3rd for Music & Sound (Port) categories. 

210024907_AwardsforPitkat.thumb.png.e9db1ea3f7549f7ced8c660df53ae15c.png

It was enchanting to be second to the outstanding Zoo Keeper port by Champ games. It was a neck to neck battle for 2nd and 3rd place with the amazing Tower of Rubble port. The awesome Robot City came in 4th in this category but managed to win 1st place in the under 4K category. Well done to the other port nominees alongside us - Blipsketball, Midspace and Avalanche.

A big thankyou to the Atariage members who voted for Piktat and to the sponsors of the Atari Homebrew awards - Zeropage Homebrew, Atariage, Argon and The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion.

Edited by MarcoJ
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

The R3 version of Pitkat has been released. It is available at the top of the forum.

Release Notes

R3 2021-03-31
1. New graphic engine to remove horizontal and vertical gaps. 
2. Adjustments of tiles to become 8 pixels wide (instead of 7). Kats have longer tails!
3. Adjustments of tiles to mesh vertically without a gap.
4. Adjustment of bitmapped backgrounds to take advantage of the new graphics engine
5. Simplification of floor graphic during gameplay.

Marco J.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vitoco said:

I liked the gaps... I "added" them to my own tenliner version for the A8:

CHILDREN.PNG.00a1f17bbca1a3d81f4a41af053b245d.PNG

I used them to center images the 7x7 tiles.

lol. Do I see Grogu there? Yes the gaps do help convey separation for monochrome coloured objects side by side and also vertically. In Pitkat R3 I've made character objects and ladders still 7px wide, which yes does leave them off centre. The move to gapless helps the soil/concrete and bitmaps gel together moreso than the characters. 

Cheers

Marco

7 hours ago, Prizrak said:

@MarcoJ I've said it once and I'll say it again. PitKat is amazing and shows what this humble system is capable of. PitKat and Robomechanik are the two best puzzle homebrews for the system.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support @Prizrak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...