41 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

Still functional though. Also shown in the video is how Pitkat also emulation exits when pressing Left in game. This is on a NTSC 7800.

Left? Did you mean right

you should read the the console switches in your game kernel too. Just add a:

LDA SWCHB

to your game loop should be enough. So the PlusCart can see that the reset switch has been released and resets its internal the flag.

No, detecting that is a Stella option only. But Pitkat seems to have no such bug. Unless we missed something in the implementation.

Just now, Thomas Jentzsch said:

No, detecting that is a Stella option only. But Pitkat seems to have no such bug. Unless we missed something in the implementation.

I see. Just to be clear, Pitkat and Elite are both working fine on my 2600. It's only on my 7800 where the strange Emulation Exit and crashes are occurring. 

15 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Left? Did you mean right

you should read the the console switches in your game kernel too. Just add a:

LDA SWCHB

to your game loop should be enough. So the PlusCart can see that the reset switch has been released and resets its internal the flag.

Cheers. Confirmed this works fine on the 2600. It's just on the 7800 where it's doing strange things with emulation exit.

OK, I think the PIA chip is bad on my 7800. My harmony cart refuses to work on the 7800, yet always works on the 2600. I'll order in some 6532 chips and see if that fixes it.