IGNORED

EdgeOfPortal's Aquarius Collection

I joined AtariAge specifically to talk about the Aquarius because as you know, there aren't very many communities for it. It's also my personal favorite system to collect for. So, I think it's about time I show off my Mattel/Radofin collection. It's not a complete collection, but it's got quite a few rare and obscure pieces. I am, however, only missing three more carts.

First off, the Aquarius computer it self. This particular Aquarius is the Mattel variant, but I've also got a Radofin variant (not pictured).

IMG_2258.thumb.JPG.9a18be0b58d2969950d15d51f15c89a3.JPG

Next up, my Aquarius related literature and the Aquarius value pack. All of the items pictured here took quite a bit of time to find.

IMG_2256.thumb.JPG.7d2ee6c62dac0d0c32d13748e9250537.JPG

With those out of the way, here's some more hardware. The Mini-Expander is practically brand new, which is always nice. Pictured are also two Data Recorder variants. The standard Mattel recorder, and the Kronos Europea variant.

IMG_2257.thumb.JPG.a223a434caff0ad6c8ffd7c330429f32.JPG

Now, we'll get to some more of the exciting stuff, starting with the 4-Color Printer (and of course, the regular printer). I looked for this printer for many, many years, and I finally won an auction back in December! Very happy to have crossed that one off my list. It's mostly complete. It's got the printer itself, manual, and (obviously) the box. It is however missing the styrofoam, printer connection cable, and pens. I'm not too pressed to get those though given the rarity of the actual 4-Color Printer.

IMG_2261.thumb.JPG.d956d815587219e3c5252e91aeba024a.JPG

Next, my Aquarius cassette tapes. This is one of my favorite parts of the collection. The artwork on these are very nice, and they're quite a challenge to find (though, not as hard to find as some of the cartridges). I've got most of the Add-On Electronics tapes. I believe I'm only missing a few of that companies releases. For me, the star of the photo would be the Diamond Mine cassette. I only know of one other copy (which I believe belongs to Stupus). Of course, we did also get a new Aquarius Homebrew (Aquariworm), which is nice to see more life in the system. Anyway, here's the group picture.

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.dd41d7fcbaa6906be0954bb2dc79dbea.JPG

Next, the Memory Modules, and the big-box Aquarius software. The 32K was extremely difficult to find, similar to the 4-Color Printer. The big-box software also has a Radofin-variant of FinForm. I know technically the Modem isn't software, but it's box is a similar size to the others, so I figured I'd include it in this photo.

IMG_2263.thumb.JPG.898542a4d25e524634a8f16cf9ef758c.JPGIMG_2264.thumb.JPG.57a13d55f8391e3f98320d55bdb8f229.JPG

Next up, the games and misc. software. The most notable pieces here are Zero-In, Melody Chase, and the Command Console prototype. Everything is CIB, however the Zero-In and Melody Chase are missing controller overlays (Keyboard overlays are present though). I'm alright with that though. Also pictured are the excellent Aquaricart and Unofficial 32K Memory! As for Radofin variants, the Astrosmash duplicate is a Radofin variant.

IMG_2267.thumb.JPG.5bd84c6c8031497ff822a27fefe45df1.JPGIMG_2265.thumb.JPG.71aef9806ee22943f04ad9b89cccd472.JPG

So, that's my Aquarius collection! I'm far from done with system, and I'm always looking for more Aquarius items. My goal is to have a complete worldwide Aquarius cartridge set (currently missing 3 carts), and as many cassette tapes, hardware, and literature as I can find. Let me know what you think!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, krslam said:

Very Nice! What does the CMD CONSOLE cart do?

Oh! That's some unreleased software that was supposed to be accompanied by some special hardware. So, it doesn't really do much. The intended purpose is for it to allow your Aquarius to control other electronics in your house, like for example, lighting. Someone modified a TRS-80 Plug N Power device to work with the other, dumped, prototype, and it actually functions!

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 12:47 AM, EdgeOfPortal said:

Next, my Aquarius cassette tapes. This is one of my favorite parts of the collection. The artwork on these are very nice, and they're quite a challenge to find (though, not as hard to find as some of the cartridges). I've got most of the Add-On Electronics tapes. I believe I'm only missing a few of that companies releases. For me, the star of the photo would be the Diamond Mine cassette. I only know of one other copy (which I believe belongs to Stupus). Of course, we did also get a new Aquarius Homebrew (Aquariworm), which is nice to see more life in the system. Anyway, here's the group picture.

Any change to see at least some screen shots from the running game Diamond Mine