IGNORED

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

vhzc

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Besides the octopus, do you have any more aquatic enemy plans?

I want to add more aquatic enemies, yes. But I have to design them yet.

4 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Ill-tempered algae, perhaps?  :P

You are having too much expectations on the algae, is just an algae that will kill you if you touch it, no more personality. Just a regular everyday lethal aquatic plant ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vhzc said:

I want to add more aquatic enemies, yes. But I have to design them yet.

You are having too much expectations on the algae, is just an algae that will kill you if you touch it, no more personality. Just a regular everyday lethal aquatic plant ?

Must be the electricity that glows around those leaves that is lethal?! 

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

Suddenly, the 7800 has an unofficial Pitfall sequel. ?

Hmm, remember Get Lost! by @Propane13?  That’s a game that still deserves to be finished and released.

Whether electric eels, ill-tempered algae, piranhas, or sharks, this one is looking pretty awesome. Several exciting 7800 games currently in the works. It’s a great time to be a 7800 fan.

• Like 6

This is an incredible game, and thank you for sharing! I will be following development on this. I was able to get this to load on my CC2 and play this on real Atari 7800 hardware by making the following menu entries:

7800:    Knight Guy    KNIGHTGY7144P    78BIOS

Use tabs for the MENU.TXT file and spaces for the MENU.CC2 file. New banking schemes for the Cuttle Cart 2 are located here.

As always, don't forget to remove the first 128 bytes of any .A78 file to convert it to a .BIN file. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Hmm, remember Get Lost! by @Propane13?  That’s a game that still deserves to be finished and released.

Still on my list (and I still do still lurk at atariage on occasion). :)

I have got one other project on my queue before I come back into it.  I did actually jump in softly about 3-6 months back and realized it's going to be a dedicated commitment to finish the few outstanding items.  On the plus side, it is  still very compilable and my source code is backed up.

Regards,

-John

• Like 7

1 hour ago, vhzc said:

I have gotten to but not beaten the new boss. The water levels are an excellent addition, and I like Knight Guy’s headgear there. The new potions, spikes, and saw blades also look good.

The green border around the bottom panel is very bright and rather distracting IMO.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bizarrostormy said:

I have gotten to but not beaten the new boss. The water levels are an excellent addition, and I like Knight Guy’s headgear there. The new potions, spikes, and saw blades also look good.

Those new saw blades are fantastic.  I believe it is my favorite modification/upgrade from an original piece so far. ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trebor said:

Those new saw blades are fantastic.  I believe it is my favorite modification/upgrade from an original piece so far. ?

Thanks! I was never too happy with the previous shuriken-like thing, it was clunky animated and used one frame more than the new saw. So win-win.

I am not totally convinced with the eel, so maybe I will change it in future builds.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Looks like a very old build.. 

Well, it's relatively old, because the current beta es 7, but since I started this project a month and a half ago, no beta is very old yet ?