IGNORED

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

vhzc

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I managed to make it to the water level on my initial playing last night. But wasn't able to get that far. I'm not a fan of the new spikes. I liked the old spikes appearance better.

The problem with the previous spikes is that looked good on black background, but not so good on blue/water background. If I manage to rescue sprite storage space when the game is finished I could have both spikes sprites.

11 hours ago, vhzc said:

On psp7800 emulator. 

IMG_20200730_011415.thumb.jpg.1bd0671fef9e0b0156e287636627e3ea.jpg

I managed to get to this room, but lost all of my lives trying to get through it. Then again, I think I only has about 3 lives left at that point and I had been grabbing the potions and hearts along the way to keep my lives up.

Also, I don't know how I did it exactly, but on the 2nd boss, I had discovered a way to get multiple hits on him afterall. But on this new beta, when I tried to use that same tactic, KnightGuy ended up getting tossed to the other side of the screen loosing a life. Then the boss died on the next hit so he only took like 4 hits and he was dead. Very strange and almost exactly like the bug that @bizarrostormy had happen to him on the third boss?

4 minutes ago, vhzc said:

The problem with the previous spikes is that looked good on black background, but not so good on blue/water background. If I manage to rescue sprite storage space when the game is finished I could have both spikes sprites.

Did you also change the blue color you were using on the other chain spikes where they are 3 of them in that one room? The blue looked much darker now than it did previously and the left side of them was almost blended into the background. I seem to recall they were a much lighter blue before but I overwrote the last beta with this one so I didn't have an easy way to quickly load it up to compare.

Edited by -^CrossBow^-
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I managed to get to this room, but lost all of my lives trying to get through it. Then again, I think I only has about 3 lives left at that point and I had been grabbing the potions and hearts along the way to keep my lives up.

Also, I don't know how I did it exactly, but on the 2nd boss, I had discovered a way to get multiple hits on him afterall. But on this new beta, when I tried to use that same tactic, KnightGuy ended up getting tossed to the other side of the screen loosing a life. Then the boss died on the next hit so he only took like 4 hits and he was dead. Very strange and almost exactly like the bug that @bizarrostormy had happen to him on the third boss?

Yeah, I found that bug in both bosses and corrected it after I posted beta 7, the next beta will have the issue removed.

• Like 4

When I first encountered the Octopus, I was thinking one of his 'attacks' is angled too high.  However, I soon came to realize as you got closer to the head, the harder it became, and indeed that second attack, once thought to be too high, is well placed.  The challenge becomes tougher but not unfairly so.  My favorite boss character, so far, with a feeling of satisfaction after slaying it.  Haven't found the secret room yet though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trebor said:

When I first encountered the Octopus, I was thinking one of his 'attacks' is angled too high.  However, I soon came to realize as you got closer to the head, the harder it became, and indeed that second attack, once thought to be too high, is well placed.  The challenge becomes tougher but not unfairly so.  My favorite boss character, so far, with a feeling of satisfaction after slaying it.  Haven't found the secret room yet though.

Cool! I think you are the first that defeat that octopus.

There is a little of controlled randomness or more precise a not so evident pattern in the bubble attack so sometimes both bubbles come together and sometimes not.

There is not a secret room (yet) but a potion hidden in one of the rooms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vhzc said:

There is a little of controlled randomness or more precise a not so evident pattern in the bubble attack so sometimes both bubbles come together and sometimes not.

?

Indeed...that did not go unnoticed - thank you - very cool!  One of the reasons it is my favorite boss yet. ?

1 hour ago, vhzc said:

There is not a secret room (yet) but a potion hidden in one of the rooms.

Ah, I misunderstood/misread - so, a potion is eluding me at this point. ?

Hmm...not sure what to do in this room. The game is progressing nicely. Don’t take this the wrong way, as it’s already been addressed, but I like the look of the old Spike sprites too. This however, in no way takes away from the game play which is great. Now if I could only figure out how to kill that Octopus...

1AD0458F-3FEA-420A-AB90-D3CBC65AF2CD.jpeg

• Like 1

Very nice progress! And yes the aquatic levels are fun to play and add quite a bit of variety with the altered physics. My time sucks here and died quite a few times. I also didn't play this on actual hardware this time as I'm not currently feeling up to that at the moment. But yeah! This is developing excellently!

KG_B7.jpg

• Like 3

Came across one more bug. I was traveling from Room 11 (while continuously jumping) to Room 10 and jumped right where the red arrow is pointing (please see pic below) and my Knight got stuck in the object that is circled in yellow. I had six lives remaining and all six lives went *poof* in this example. Please note that I could not see my Knight, but I could see the *poof* if that makes sense.

This game has hooked me. Love the progression so far. Can't wait to see the next boss.

Stuck.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Came across one more bug. I was traveling from Room 11 (while continuously jumping) to Room 10 and jumped right where the red arrow is pointing (please see pic below) and my Knight got stuck in the object that is circled in yellow. I had six lives remaining and all six lives went *poof* in this example. Please note that I could not see my Knight, but I could see the *poof* if that makes sense.

This game has hooked me. Love the progression so far. Can't wait to see the next boss.

Stuck.jpg

I can't see the video in my current browser, will try in another browser later.

About the bug in room 11, I wasn't aware of it, but by coincidence just a couple of hours ago I changed the position of that cannon-like sprite because I thought the position could cause cheap deaths  :) 

462096107_Capturadepantalla_2020-07-31_22-45-01.thumb.png.c64e0fc596e171684c1e142cbad3720a.png

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 1

Below is a still shot of what I was trying to demonstrate in the video. In room 52, when moving from right to left, you can go thru the circled object. However, when you move left to right, you can not go thru it.

I've completed this beta half a dozen times now (beginning to end and back to the beginning) and the two issues that I've mentioned, are the only ones that I have encountered. I think the beta is playing pretty well.? 

RM52.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Below is a still shot of what I was trying to demonstrate in the video. In room 52, when moving from right to left, you can go thru the circled object. However, when you move left to right, you can not go thru it.

I've completed this beta half a dozen times now (beginning to end and back to the beginning) and the two issues that I've mentioned, are the only ones that I have encountered. I think the beta is playing pretty well.? 

RM52.jpg

I corrected that one too.  It was supposed to jump over it, to not be allowed to go through, but I blew an x coordinate and the limit were only in one direction. oops.

• Like 4