IGNORED

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

vhzc

Hi Vladi

Beta 7 is damn hard...if i must walk a long way 3 times,to get to the Underwater level...

then this is not really fun.....cause i make too many silly mistakes and die before the end

Two times the same way is more than enough....

Hope to see a video....cause it is damn heavy and makes no fun to die short before the end.

greetings Walter

Well, there are a few places where you going left is much easier than going right was. 

Here are a few spoilers that might help you:

Spoiler

The room with the floor sections that disappear is crazy easy to get back across. Just jump from the edge of the top section. You can clear that whole area and will land on the bottom section on the left of the screen...

Spoiler

The rooms that have the spikes that shoot left to right back and forth can actually be easily gone back through when you have to backtrack. If you time it just right on the top screen, you can actually jumpe from there towards the left and just fall straight down with the timing on the screens set right that you end up missing the spikes as they move back and forth.

Spoiler

Many of the screens with some obstacle along the bottom and you start at the top, you can literally just jump up and towards the right to jump right over them. The room with the sawblade on the pedestal that moves left and right across the bottom is one screen where this is possible.

The water screens can be tricky..but there are a few tips:

Spoiler

- Remember that when you use the jump you only have to use the up direction to stay afloat and swim. Let go to drop back down. You don't have to keep pressing the jump button.
- On the room that has the gold cannon ball that shoots down and the eel that comes from the pipe on the right hand side? Just go past the cannon ball and the swim and hover close to the spinning fans but not too close. When the eel moves under you just drop down and move to the right under the pipe to be in the safe zone

- The Octopus boss is 3 different sections. Each of the two legs has to be taken out one by one. Then the head. Keep an eye on the bubble attacks because there is a timing to it with the bottom bubble getting released slower than the top one. So just keep that in mind and you should be able to jump over the bottom bubble, move in a few times to get in a few hits and then move away to avoid the bubble that moves upward from hitting you. Repeat this and you will vanquish the Ocotpus.

I've not revealed where the secret potion is on the above spoiler so no worries there. Then again, for what it actually gives you, I'm not sure it is worth the effort once you are so far into the rooms.

• Like 3

Just a couple of very minor items:

ROOM 20 Knight Guy's head goes through the column top - though I kinda like how the helmet looks that way:

126665164_ROOM20.thumb.png.c9ecc2a67001dacf0f8b4f0d818e2461.png

When re-entering a previously defeated 'boss room' (11, 25, 38) from the right side, Knight Guy is placed much further over to the left, than when entering any other room from the right side:

430623818_ROOM11Re-EnterSM.PNG.87560ac79987d73160c3417e6b3345ba.PNG1599825970_ROOM25Re-EnterSM.PNG.6c7d785c462d22ad2148742f209e48f3.PNG52697_ROOM38Re-EnterSM.PNG.11dc72b5e3b3d00f29c43828b40b60ad.PNG

• Like 4

Love the polish work regarding the cosmetic changes.  Those 'small' platforms especially look better than ever and have such beautiful detail.  The additional wall and 'floor' enhancements look excellent as well.  'Springboards' also received a very nice upgrade.

The new boss looks really good, but honestly found myself a tad bit disappointed it was relatively easy to conqueror; especially, following that awesome octopus challenge.  Trying not to give too much away here; however, perhaps the 'pitch and delivery' could be sped up a bit or/and be more frequent (?)

A couple of minor things to report...something new and something old...

"New" issue ROOM 60: When re-entering from the top right, if you die (Hit the flame in the center), Knight Guy reappears in the middle of the stone slab at the bottom left.  He does automatically slide through it though, so he's not stuck:

ROOM60_ReEnter_Resurrect.thumb.png.54316d83d73a2191e86d5a53a9a2658b.png

"Old" issue ROOM 45: When jumping over the treasure chest to the left, Knight Guy can walk through it to the right.  Behavior of when a treasure chest is present in other rooms is either Knight Guy can't jump over to the other side of it, as if there is an invisible wall present.  Or, if Knight Guy can jump over it, he would need to jump over it again similarly to pass it; Knight Guy cannot walk through it:

ROOM45_Passover.png.65775ba930d6d8c9d2a748c4ec7cb178.png

Suggestion:

Death Penalty...Player looses a life +2 minutes to total time. 

Motivation to acquire more lives...For every life remaining when the game is beaten -1 minute to total time.

• Like 3

You changed the timings on some of the rooms?! Ack!!! LOL yeah I have to relearn some new stuff because I was dying left and right due to the changes in timings on some of the rooms compared to how they have been on the last 7 betas.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 8:08 PM, Trebor said:

The new boss looks really good, but honestly found myself a tad bit disappointed it was relatively easy to conqueror; especially, following that awesome octopus challenge.  Trying not to give too much away here; however, perhaps the 'pitch and delivery' could be sped up a bit or/and be more frequent (?)

As always, rhank you very much for testing.

I also had that feeling about the boss being too easy (and also the boxcollision of the fire in the center is too picky) so I am tweaking it for the next beta.

Captura de pantalla_2020-08-08_17-25-36.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Considering some resemblance and what they both like to do under Atari systems, I've come to the following conclusion:

This guy... image.png.1e334272fede54de9fe900cb7d161050.png is an ancestor of this guy... image.png.a598cb64e4c9fe41a19b7950a071e6dc.png

You heard it here first! ?

They certainly seem to share some characteristics. Totally agree!?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Considering some resemblance and what they both like to do under Atari systems, I've come to the following conclusion:

This guy... image.png.1e334272fede54de9fe900cb7d161050.png is an ancestor of this guy... image.png.a598cb64e4c9fe41a19b7950a071e6dc.png

You heard it here first! ?

LOL, this made me laugh out loud!

..Al

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 1:17 AM, vhzc said:

Quick Update 2020 08 08

Corrects misplaced respawn screen 60 and a couple of minor corrections in other screens.

Add a couple of new screens.

Tweak the boss attack pattern in current last boss

Minor cosmetic changes in potions and hearts screens.

knightguy20200808.a78 144.13 kB · 0 downloads

• Like 5

I hadn't gotten through the last beta 8 but I did just get through beta 9. This is really coming along and I like the new color schemes that have been used! Looks great on my AV setup through my 7800 although I have the game paused for the pic below.

20200808_232433[1].jpg

• Like 4