IGNORED

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

vhzc

13 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Here is where the difficulty switches come into play.

Soul that needs rescue...

Player 1 Difficulty Switch: 

A - Cat

B - Dog

Player 2 Difficulty Switch:

A - Male

B - Female

:D

j/k...sort of.

I just mentioned in the discord channel that he could use the difficulty switches to select the cat or dog! How awesome I wasn't the only one thinking that!

• Like 4

Yeah...I'm going to have to put this on the mateos and play through real hardware. I tried playing in A7800 and the timing just isn't the same. I was able to make it to the new boss but couldn't get past him as I've not got the pattern down just yet. Not sure what I think about the change to the first screen though. But I understand the reason for it.

Time to put this on the Matoes and capture the video through my new capture device.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeah...I'm going to have to put this on the mateos and play through real hardware. I tried playing in A7800 and the timing just isn't the same. I was able to make it to the new boss but couldn't get past him as I've not got the pattern down just yet. Not sure what I think about the change to the first screen though. But I understand the reason for it.

Time to put this on the Matoes and capture the video through my new capture device.

Just added another revision with minor tweak:

knightguy20200912c.a78

The new boss ( working name: Lubeaf)  has a couple of particularities:

- Since the castle generates it copying and potentiating you, his HP is equal to your max life variable, so if you collect all potions he will have more HP.

- Multiple stabbing doesn't works with him, only the first one of every attack damage it, so stab him and put yourself  at a maneuverable distance.

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, vhzc said:

his HP is equal to your max life variable, so if you collect all potions he will have more HP.

- Multiple stabbing doesn't works with him, only the first one of every attack damage it, so stab him and put yourself  at a maneuverable distance.

Very cool!

53 minutes ago, vhzc said:

Just added another revision with minor tweak:

knightguy20200912c.a78 144.13 kB · 4 downloads

The new boss ( working name: Lubeaf)  has a couple of particularities:

- Since the castle generates it copying and potentiating you, his HP is equal to your max life variable, so if you collect all potions he will have more HP.

Found a bug in this revision but I don't know if it exist on the previous. Also it didn't do this in A7800 but does on my 7800. The bug is on the very first screen. Knight guy will automatically clambor onto the crate more often than actually push it. In fact you can go diagonal up or down and he will just mantle right onto it instead of having to jump onto it. Pretty sure that isn't supposed to be that way since chests and other smaller pedestals in the game that potions and hearts are on do not allow this? It actually makes that very first screen more difficult than it needs to be because I'm always fighting Knight Guy to push the crate instead of just getting ontop of it.

13 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Found a bug in this revision but I don't know if it exist on the previous. Also it didn't do this in A7800 but does on my 7800. The bug is on the very first screen. Knight guy will automatically clambor onto the crate more often than actually push it. In fact you can go diagonal up or down and he will just mantle right onto it instead of having to jump onto it. Pretty sure that isn't supposed to be that way since chests and other smaller pedestals in the game that potions and hearts are on do not allow this? It actually makes that very first screen more difficult than it needs to be because I'm always fighting Knight Guy to push the crate instead of just getting ontop of it.

I wasn`t able to reproduce the bug on a7800, but I think I found what was causing it. Could you please try this revision to check if the issue persists?

knightguy20200912d.a78

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, vhzc said:

I wasn`t able to reproduce the bug on a7800, but I think I found what was causing it. Could you please try this revision to check if the issue persists?

knightguy20200912d.a78 144.13 kB · 1 download

It is fixed! Thank you good sir!

Beta13_Time.thumb.jpg.a352d42cea347d811a02dd059973fd74.jpg

• Like 2

It is really coming along but then I always say that. I'm going to guess that it will be possible to essentially finish the game in about 12min based on times I've got going on now and the 100 initial rooms stated. I died several times on that 11:49 run and even backtracked for that heart between the zombie head sets which eats up quite a bit of time to do. I also did a run where I backtracked but I wasn't able to get back to the beginning screen before loosing all of my lives. It is a whole other adventure going backwards through it that's for sure.

• Like 2

@Trebor it is interesting to note that now that I can more accurately record the system directly, that I can see the color changes on the bricks. When I first started playing they were a decent shade of blue. about 20 or so min into playing the game and they are very much teal in color on the 7800. So I'm hoping I've finally got my colors dialed in right that the teal coloring when warmed up on those blue walls is more accurate to actual color and console behavior now.

Cold start...

KG_Cold.thumb.png.69b0480038d84c8ded6a732b8e044c6b.png

After about 20 or so min...

KG_Warm.thumb.png.a6a7bb05f11ad3a3122d6d861d17db73.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@Trebor it is interesting to note that now that I can more accurately record the system directly, that I can see the color changes on the bricks. When I first started playing they were a decent shade of blue. about 20 or so min into playing the game and they are very much teal in color on the 7800. So I'm hoping I've finally got my colors dialed in right that the teal coloring when warmed up on those blue walls is more accurate to actual color and console behavior now.

Cold start...

Wow...what a difference.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

So I'm hoping I've finally got my colors dialed in right that the teal coloring when warmed up on those blue walls is more accurate to actual color and console behavior now.

Cold start...

The change is spot on and expected for what is currently selected for the castle walls and floors...hue NTSC $Ax family. 

Here's a closer look at NTSC $Ax and how it transitions:

522761057_HueAx.thumb.png.70dffcceb745bc8f17d3dba8f9190aab.png

As seen above, hue NTSC $Ax can teeter between being either more blue or more green depending on console temperature and luminance.

For consistent green, it's best to stick with the NTSC $Cx family.

For consistent blue, it's best to stick with the NTSC $9x family.

Right now though, I do not have the opportunity to dig into playing the latest beta in depth.  Nonetheless, *bravo* once again.  We're going from polish, to wax, to full on ceramic coating of this game. 

The 'pseudo' 3D wall effect update is incredible and absolutely love dialing all the way back to the beginning and once again changing up the challenge.  We're not hitting our head on a button, we are pushing the crate for the ladder - very cool!

*EDIT:  Funny enough, gents...I actually did experience the climbing over the crate issue under A7800.  Not using the keyboard though.  I have an Arcade controller (HotRod SE) hooked up to my PC.  I had to double check I wasn't pressing up with the joystick while pushing the crate.  Then I thought to myself, wait a second, up doesn't jump, why is he doing that?  Regardless, glad to see it was fixed and an update posted.

*EDIT2:  Holy Doppelganger, Batman!

• Like 3

Beta 13 completed! Looking good. Backtracked as much as I could (didn't make it all the way back) and didn't find any new bugs. Looks like you guys found them all for now. Look forward to the "Willow" edition.

@vhzcI did fight the last mid boss (e.g. arrows) when I backtracked. Please disregard. Not a mid boss, but a common enemy. My mistake.

E63FAF69-2ACF-41ED-BAA7-10C143C0F7BD.jpeg

35BE3538-E1F2-4F0E-A2FC-071FF0A757D8.jpeg

• Like 2