Jump to content
vhzc

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

What graphics mode does this (super fun) game use? I was counting colors and can't get it to match up with any of the standard modes.🤔

It's in the 160 mode.  Hes probably changing out some palettes on each screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trebor said:

Perhaps "SELECT" (Or "RESET") can be used to return the player back to the Title screen.

+1. This would be useful.

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

It seems our final boss battle has been tweaked some making it slightly more difficult to beat, unless I am recollecting incorrectly.

It does feel a bit more difficult to defeat, requires a bit more patience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:
3 hours ago, Trebor said:

Perhaps "SELECT" (Or "RESET") can be used to return the player back to the Title screen.

+1. This would be useful.

3 hours ago, Trebor said:

It seems our final boss battle has been tweaked some making it slightly more difficult to beat, unless I am recollecting incorrectly.

Reset to tittlescreen is a good suggestion, I will add it.

 

No changes were made to dragon boss.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Turbo Laser Lynx said:

What graphics mode does this (super fun) game use? I was counting colors and can't get it to match up with any of the standard modes.🤔

160A

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found...a pretty nasty bug. I can't recall the rooms right now I didn't test if this happens before the pet is saved, but it did happen after the pet was saved. I saved my pet and just happen to jump into the next room from room 92 into room 91. Well, when I did that jump into the next screen, I ended up dying on the spikes a little left of where you normally enter..and then I kept dying over and over. Basically the game was respawning me on the spikes over and over until my lives were gone. I believe this is identical to an earlier issue in a different room in one of the earlier builds?

 

Oh..and this was on actual hardware through my Mateos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vhzc said:

No changes were made to dragon boss.

Then guess I was a little more tired or/and a little less patient this time around.

 

Regardless, great final boss for a great game.

43 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I've found...a pretty nasty bug. I can't recall the rooms right now I didn't test if this happens before the pet is saved, but it did happen after the pet was saved. I saved my pet and just happen to jump into the next room from room 92 into room 91. Well, when I did that jump into the next screen, I ended up dying on the spikes a little left of where you normally enter..and then I kept dying over and over. Basically the game was respawning me on the spikes over and over until my lives were gone. I believe this is identical to an earlier issue in a different room in one of the earlier builds?

 

Oh..and this was on actual hardware through my Mateos.

Nasty indeed...Thanks for sharing they very descriptive explanation and pinpointing it.  I'll see if I may be able to trigger it as well next go around if something isn't discovered (or/and fixed) sooner respecting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also found what I consider to be a pretty unfair death if you happen to die in room 49 I think it is with the eel towards the beginning of the water section. If you happen to die on that screen when coming from the right hand side, you end up respawning on the lower right in the Eel's lair section and unless you happen to respawn at the right time, you will get killed by that eel coming towards you in that area with no time to react or escape.

 

Also about the deaths in room 91 if you happen to jump into it from room 92 before it. To clarify, if you jump into room 91 from 92 (Where the knight guardian was previously), you end dying or at least it shows you dying in the spikes in the lower right of the screen and just a little left of where you should have come in entering from. And then you constantly respawn on those spike until all lives are lost.

 

Found another game breaking bug this time but as it has to do with your secrets I will send that to you in a PM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks as always for testing.

I posted a rev that corrects two of the reported bugs.

I wasn't able to reproduce the third one on emulator, but I made some changes  that, I hope, correct it.

 

On 7/4/2020 at 1:17 AM, vhzc said:

RC1-1 UPDATE

Corrects misplaced respawn in room 49 and bug in room 91

Reset key redirects to title screen.

 

knightguyRC1-1.a78 144.13 kB · 0 downloads

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vhzc said:

Thanks as always for testing.

I posted a rev that corrects two of the reported bugs.

I wasn't able to reproduce the third one on emulator, but I made some changes  that, I hope, correct it.

 

I will give it a few tries when I get home from work and can load it up on my Mateos for testing. I did record all of my playing last night but on the third issue, it is hard to know exactly what I did on the timing to cause it but even if not possible on emulation, it was something I was able to do on actual hardware.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tested the latest ROM and can confirm the following:

 

  • RESET button will take you to the title screen
  • Room 92 to 91 cheap death is no longer an issue

 

I forgot to check for Room 49 issue.  

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I have to say that a couple of the secrets are very cool and really go with this type of game! CIB please.

EF2FAF8F-76D4-45FA-B88B-FE0E0F341C68.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Cow! Just now getting into this. This game is awesome!

Best in ages. 

Gotta admit though, I'm stuck at the big chain that lets you into the water on Room 47.

Hints? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, knievel1 said:

Holy Cow! Just now getting into this. This game is awesome!

Best in ages. 

Gotta admit though, I'm stuck at the big chain that lets you into the water on Room 47.

Hints? 

Do you have your diving helmet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can call it done now! The issues I found are no longer issues. Awesome job Vlad!

 

 

KG_RC1-1_Time.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, knievel1 said:

I do not have the diving helmet!

I've got a key. Is it in that chest?

All the keys are used to open locked doors. You found a key for a door that you must backtrack through in order to get back too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Okay, I have to say that a couple of the secrets are very cool and really go with this type of game! CIB please.

EF2FAF8F-76D4-45FA-B88B-FE0E0F341C68.jpeg

wow....i was a little bit slower 👍 36 

Edited by gambler172
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...