IGNORED

Knight Guy - Castle Days

Trebor

The sword attack should be button 2. The jump sound does not sound good at all. The sound of the column crushers sounds great. The jump physics feels wrong. The graphics look pretty good. Maybe the knight sprite could have more colours? So kinda the same feedback as the other guys. A great start for a game for sure. Needs music? Maybe pokey or ym? 

I agree that the sound needs work and the jump sound should just be a little click type sound or something much less than what we have now. It does need some music but until the XM is available wildly to the masses, it would need to be pokey or some other sound chip within the cart itself similar to what Rikki & Vikki did.

I also found it odd that the sword was just always active once I acquired it but maybe this was done so it could be used with a single button controller and not require the 2 buttons? I don't really have a problem with how that mechanic works game play wise.

I do think that something on the Knight sprite needs tweaking. I don't like how big his head looks when he is holding up the sword. I know it is the sword, but since it is the same color there needs to be a gap between it and the Kinght's head. But I'm not sure that is possible given the graphics mode you are using?

But I had a lot of fun playing this current WIP build and aside from what I've mentioned above, I think the rest of it is coming along great as I didn't have any issues with how the jumping works. Then again I've only played it in emulation so maybe with an actual controller it is different in some way?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...