IGNORED

4 switch woody with light sixer base?

sethbramwell

Hey everybody, so some light browsing on the forums have sort of answered this question for me by confirming that the early 4 switch Woody consoles were made using old light sixer bases, most likely to clear out old inventory before starting on new molds. One post I read claimed that they were rarer than most four switch units. I had no idea that this was the case until I got two separate woody consoles in from two different eBay auctions that both had the light sixer base. Just curious if anyone knows how long this went on.

I was considering taking one of them that is in particularly nice shape and replacing the bottom on my AV modded light sixer because it has a chipped corner.

• 2 months later...

I believe this went on for as long as the early 4-switch consoles were built in Sunnyvale.

I have 2 of these. If you notice in the photos, the original holes for the controller ports and power are covered up by a cheap flimsy cover via adhesive. It's so flimsy that one of them got torn as you can see.

Here's another Sunnyvale 4-switch on Ebay with this flimsy cover completely missing.

Since we know that early Light-Sixers were first made in Sunnyvale, to transition to the 4-switch, my guess is Sunnyvale was forced to use the remaining light-sixer bases either because they already had an inventory of them or their Sunnyvale manufacturing plant can only produce it. And they didn't bother spending money to retool the manufacturing plant because Taiwan can do it cheaper. So in the meantime Sunnyvale slapped on these flimsy covers. Anyway, just a thought.

IMG-9947.jpg