IGNORED

Interest Check: Palm Pilots

eightbit

Just want to see if there is any interest. I have a collection of Palm handhelds that I am planning on offloading. They are great little handhelds. I have uploaded various games, emulators, etc to them in the past and they are still a lot of fun. I have two IIIxe's (one complete in box), an m135 (IIRC), and a Palm Tungsten T5 in excellent condition with cradle. The T5 is the most powerful unit with a 416MHz Intel XScale processor and a really nice gunmetal body and crisp screen.

I also have some accessories and extra stylus, etc. The T5's battery was changed a few months ago so that should be good for another couple of years ;) The others use standard AA batteries. No corrosion to any terminals...I was always careful to keep batteries out of these if not being used for periods of time. The IIIxe's were both updated to Palm OS 4...which was a pay upgrade at the time.

These are all actually hooked up to my vintage Windows 98 machine right now. Before I take everything down for pictures I just wanted to see if anyone had any interest in something like this.

• Like 1

The IIIxe was the best! Miss mine. Do you happen to know off-hand what the situation is like for syncing or just uploading apps onto Palms with modern operating systems? May be interested if there's a community behind keeping them at least minimally cooperative with something more recent than say Win9x.

12 minutes ago, mumbai said:

The IIIxe was the best! Miss mine. Do you happen to know off-hand what the situation is like for syncing or just uploading apps onto Palms with modern operating systems? May be interested if there's a community behind keeping them at least minimally cooperative with something more recent than say Win9x.

If I am not mistaken they will work in Windows 10 as well. Actually, yep, you can still use it:

https://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_To_Set_Up_Palm_Desktop_On_Windows_10

Also, a group of people have created the "Palm Archive"...basically uploading and archiving any software that they still have. There are gigabytes of stuff available:

https://palmarchive.com/files/

Edited by eightbit