IGNORED

Super Sprint

46 minutes ago, 8bitguy1 said:

Hmmm. Doesn’t seem to work for me. Perhaps it’s a MIST thing, though compatibility has been really good on almost everything at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have a MiST yet, but which joystick port are you using? If you’re using the port that normally uses the mouse, that could be a problem for a one-player game. 

If you’re using the MiSTery core and a P. Putnik hard-drive adapted game, I would expect it to work. 

Bob C

3 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

I’ve tried both and bunch of different configurations on the MiST with the Mistery core but no luck. I’ll try a cracked version from a compilation floppy image next. See if that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played with this a bit in Hatari. I didn't have any luck with the hard drive version. I only have AHDI on my Hatari hard drive image. I'd try the floppy image from his site. That worked fine, but I had no idea about the controls so I really stunk at the game.

Some of PP's older hard drive adapted games appear to work best with his hard disk driver. Super Sprint goes back to 2011. The newer hard drive adapted games appear to work better with multiple hard disk drivers.

Bob C 

I checked this with Hatari 2.1 . Game just freezes on first screen - does not react on controls. While in Steem (with Pasti hard disk emulation) works fine, and on real Atari HW too. It can be related even with ACSI emulation, what is somehow slow with Hatari 2.1 .  So, I will make soon new, HAGA version of Super Sprint.

Btw. just noticed strange error with Hatari 2.1 for Windows:

HatariGDnB.thumb.png.03e6d60ce545c14b735b0ddf0720d1f4.png

First is 1.9, second is 2.0, third is 2.1 . Conversion from LFN to 8.3 works not good - third should have different name, and yes, when click on it Hatari 2.0 DIR opens, so can not access own directory ?

I need to DL latest version ... And give different name to it's DIR, indeed .

6 hours ago, English Invader said:

I was playing this the other day (4MB STe, TOS 1.62, UltraSatan hard disk) without any problems.  The existing version seems to be fine for people who are using the real hardware.

@English Invader
I am curious which hard disk drives you are using: HDDriver, P. Putnik’s driver, the ICD driver, or Atari’s AHDI. 

I have had problems using AHDI, but that is not surprising since when it was released, you did not have many games that ran from a hard disk. 

If I use a hard disk image rather than running the games from my Mac’s hard drive, I have found the compatibility to be the same as my friend with a MegaSTE. 

Bob C

hmmm, seems to occasionally just crash back to the "super sprint" title screen and doesn't allow me to continue the series.  Forcing me to start over.  Sometimes I get two to three tracks in, but invariable it moves back out as if the game is over (even though I should advance).  Happens right as the next track should start, as in after the countdown for new players to join.

Edited by 8bitguy1
Grammar

I compared files between different cracks (no STX image of original for this), and found some differences, and seems that some data missing in long file SUPER.DAT . So, made another version, from other source:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/TestMe/SUPERSPT.ZIP

Would be good to know is it now flawless. Then I need to correct my floppy version too. I tested only for 4 races, and did not see problem.