IGNORED

Speech syn for beige TI-99/4a

hloberg

On 8/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, wierd_w said:

Use a brim silly.  You have bed adhesion type as --none-- !!

Supports are the things that prop up overhangs. That's what needs turned off. Brim is easily cleaned off with a sharp knife.

Yes. 1.75mm. 

.4 mm nozzle.

My home computer crashed over the weekend. The Raid0 broke with Optane. Rendered my OS drive *fart noise*. I have the OS back on it and will be working on getting this reprinted with a BRIM this time. 

Biggest problem I am having is the print keeps pulling away from the magnetic table ... thinking about dropping the temp on that another 2 degrees.

@Shift838

Double sided painters tape you say... hmm ok that's cheap enough. I will give this a go.

@OLD CS1

I haven't forgotten you either I still have a bunch of Wood PLA to test. Got that Beige too. and some Silver. Will get some prints done and show off the results in a day or 4.

8 minutes ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

I haven't forgotten you either I still have a bunch of Wood PLA to test. Got that Beige too. and some Silver. Will get some prints done and show off the results in a day or 4.

Take your time.  I am not hell-bent one way or the other :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wierd_w said:

I have started printing one for Omega.

currently printing the bottom.

So, @Omega-TI, I can embellish the top for you if you want.  You always find some way to slip an omega symbol on your gear, I could do that right from the start. ;)

Say, something like this?

Ohhhh!  Thanks for the offer!  I actually have something much more simple in mind.  Can you do this?

Simple.thumb.jpg.e1f213d8c96fc9020fd272f408be900e.jpg

Hmm..

I am unsure that my enclosure will properly hold a tipi+32k board.  All the pictures I have seen, seem to suggest it has different screw hole patterns.

I would need such a board to properly test fitting.

EDIT

Actually.. wait.. It's open hardware right?  Is there a CAD model of the board?

Edited by wierd_w

The way I am holding the speech synth down is mechanically with screws.  There are no such screws, nor provisions for screws, in the 32k board.

I have requested a STP file in the appropriate dev thread for the board.  I can import that into my cad software, and see about coming up with a clever solution to holding it down.

Vertical clearance inside should be no problem. There's a LOT of it in there.  The issue is preventing it from just being loose and rattling around in there.  I might "dog" the corners of the top part of the inclosure in so that they overlap the corners of the 32k board, and thus there would be no wiggle room once you screw down the top of the enclosure.  But I want a model of the board for digital fitting all the same.

Edited by wierd_w

Hmm..

I am unsure that my enclosure will properly hold a tipi+32k board.  All the pictures I have seen, seem to suggest it has different screw hole patterns.

I would need such a board to properly test fitting.

EDIT

Actually.. wait.. It's open hardware right?  Is there a CAD model of the board?
Did you look in the GitHub?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Good news Omega, I found a suitable vector image of the TI logo I can (ab)use.

A little prodding with inkscape, and it becomes a suitable .dxf, and VOILA, it's in my cad software and I can use it to make a cutout in that shape. :P

Looks like tonight I am gonna be wrangling the blueprint drawing of the 32k+tipi board for speech synth, and cobbling together my own digital mockup, then doing modifications to the existing enclosure data to give it a print-in-place door.

I wasn't really intending to embark down this road just yet, but I guess that's what will happen.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Good news Omega, I found a suitable vector image of the TI logo I can (ab)use.

A little prodding with inkscape, and it becomes a suitable .dxf, and VOILA, it's in my cad software and I can use it to make a cutout in that shape. :P

Looks like tonight I am gonna be wrangling the blueprint drawing of the 32k+tipi board for speech synth, and cobbling together my own digital mockup, then doing modifications to the existing enclosure data to give it a print-in-place door.

I wasn't really intending to embark down this road just yet, but I guess that's what will happen.

Huh?  Wow dude, I never imagined you would to go to so much trouble to design and make a door too!  You're going way above and beyond the call.  You've exceeded my wants and dreams, and let me tell you, that is NOT an easy thing to do!  I'm starting to feel like a little kid waiting to unwrap a Christmas present.

• Like 1

OK-- Investigating the fitting of a TIPI+32k in this enclosure--

the top will DEFINITELY need revision.  There is collision with a functional component with one of the ICs.

image.thumb.png.a955c4721a4ed67f718c6a81a79d1823.png

this can be addressed fairly easily.  I will just lop off that part of the retainer foot.  It should still have sufficient meat to hold the stand-off, with that part of the lobe hacked off.

I will need to dog the corners so that it overlaps the board (eg, presses down on the PCB once top shell is screwed down), to have positive retention of the board.  Otherwise, the 32k board will "just barely" fit in the bottom component of the enclosure.

These are the corners I will "dog".

image.thumb.png.5c974f9afd9c4eea59eb14537a1c6249.pngimage.thumb.png.c4507b649ea90e8dbe766031b38acaa0.png

I will also cut holes for the LED and for the USB power for the 32k board.

Then it's on to figuring out how I want to deal with the door.

OK, how's this look for a "No Door" version?

image.thumb.png.0255f6b53630235acdd14844e5ae0f5c.png

Note the tiny hole for LED activity light to shine through.  (It's a swept hole, that is bigger on the inside so that the LED can fit, but this allows the foot/wall to retain more integrity.)

Here's the back.

image.png.142a0905927eb548468add28ba938a28.png

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 2