IGNORED

Speech syn for beige TI-99/4a

hloberg

9 hours ago, wierd_w said:

WHEE!  See how that door works?  It does not stay open though, and wants to fall shut, but the fact that it actually opens and shuts is damned exciting for me.  The letters need to be gouged out with the sewing pin, (though I a thinking I should upgrade to a leather worker's awl because it is more rigid and easier to control)

You might also look at the needle files in a store that sells beading supplies. I have a round one that comes to a beautiful needle-sharp tip for reaming out tiny holes.

18 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Why would I sign it? I do open hardware type stuffs yo.  When this thing is proven to properly fit a 32k+tipi, then I will release the data into the wild.

I thought he was talking about an omega symbol.

• Like 1

He does not have perfect matches in the image you supplied already. :)

Compare the rightmost enclosure there, with the orange of his data recorder.

(Or even the shell of his FinalGrom, with is spraypainted beige TI)

Personally, I would not use paint on the beige TI anyway.

I would use vinyl dye. :)

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 3

Yes yes, but this is a home-made enclosure, for beige TIs. :)

The actual module only ever came in a black and silver enclosure. (and a dedicated enclosure for the TIPI+32K board never existed, because this version is meant to live inside a speech enclosure.)

Omega recently splurged on Yet Another TI, this time in Beige, which from what I can gather, is an event nobody ever truly anticipated.  This set of enclosures (that I am still working on) are for him.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 7:59 AM, Omega-TI said:

... come to think of it, @twoodland may want to get one of those speech cases as well to spray paint orange.  His system has one item that does not belong in that photo...

Orange.thumb.jpg.89c7ea44e2f60670eb42dc2dc207eac5.jpg

@Omega-TI -  Since that photo, I made the speech synth orange to match.  I would love the addition of a TIPI integration into an additional (orange printed) case, however, I use the SAMS sidecar.  If I could get a TI Speech Synth sticker, that would be awesome! 

104137855_OrangeTI.thumb.jpg.c6a2f9bc473e93db3d44f57adfe1548b.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, twoodland said:

@Omega-TI -  Since that photo, I made the speech synth orange to match.  I would love the addition of a TIPI integration into an additional (orange printed) case, however, I use the SAMS sidecar.  If I could get a TI Speech Synth sticker, that would be awesome! 

@twoodland, I figured what the hell, I had time this evening so I got out my camera, took a photo, removed the background, cropped and aligned the image and then printed it up on a clear label.  It's nearly identical in size.  Send me a PM and I'll get it out in the Monday mail.

DONE.png.1d2b69fc6379130eeb873f2f78be042e.png

• Like 1

Just now, Omega-TI said:

@twoodland, I figured what the hell, I had time this evening so I got out my camera, took a photo, removed the background, cropped and aligned the image and then printed it up on a clear label.  It's nearly identical in size.  Send me a PM and I'll get it out in the Monday mail.

DONE.png.1d2b69fc6379130eeb873f2f78be042e.png

AWESOME!  Will do!  Thank you so much!

• Like 2