IGNORED

Speech syn for beige TI-99/4a

hloberg

I am updating the models for these tonight.

Omega, I need clarification;  Did you cut it close to the wall like this--
image.thumb.png.f22c7436d518e04c041f5d04a7b63419.png

Or Like this --

image.thumb.png.6edede6acd2de253c2d908d0983b1b8d.png

???

I need to know where to cut.

The area you want padded out to have landings for rubber feet does not have enough room for a full 1".  The feet you have are closer to 3/4".  That is what I have added.

image.thumb.png.a5714f3c32a2bbc9e4b900d6f7efe5cd.png

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have/had taken some time away from it, so that I could focus a little energy on my residents at work, (Been doing a lot of baking and stuff there, and cooking up some turkey to share with my co-workers, due to the whole covid thing-- We have to be in each others' company anyway to do our work, so my thought was that it was a good idea to do in that limited scope.)

Also, it's Computer Based Training time again... which means mind-numbingly stupid and repetative videos ad-nauseum.

I will certainly get back to it as soon as I have recharged a bit.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 12:36 AM, wierd_w said:

Been a long time coming but here is the hopefully fixed 32k/tipi bottom, with the provision for the large chip underneath.

32kBottom_fixforbigchip.stp 207.44 kB · 7 downloads 32kbottom_fixforbigchip.stl 100.18 kB · 12 downloads

It also has the large square landing areas for rubber feet Omega asked for.

works great!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:36 AM, wierd_w said:

Been a long time coming but here is the hopefully fixed 32k/tipi bottom, with the provision for the large chip underneath.

I might have missed it, but what screw sizes are you using to hold the housing together?

43 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

M3-6

3mm metric, 6mm long.

works with the M3 brass stand offs.

Will need to see what standoffs I have handy...

...and that infill in the case top... such a pain to remove! Just broke the door trying to get them out.  :(

Thanks!

On 4/7/2021 at 1:36 AM, wierd_w said:

Hate to tell you this, but my TIPI-32K has the big chip on the bottom and is in a socket. There still is not enough clearance for it's height. I'd say that it needs at least another 2mm of space in the base for the big chip.

I can add more depth I guess.

The issue with support removal has no real solution though. More air gap, and the supports will fail in printing.  Try putting the printed model in the freezer, then hitting it down on a table afterward. That should leverage the unequal modulus of thermal contraction, to help separate the support.

'Shopper is correct about different printers giving different results, but it gets more tedious than even that. Extrusion temperature and brand of PLA also factor in. As does if you have cooling on or not, how hot the room the printer is in is, etc.

Too many things can cause 'support stuck' syndrome.  I did the best I could. :(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wierd_w said:

I can add more depth I guess.

Too many things can cause 'support stuck' syndrome.  I did the best I could. :(

Regardless of the outcome, I do appreciate the effort. 

I used the STP file to generate a new STL without the preinstalled supports and it should be finished printing soon. Hopefully I have better results.

I also modified the bottom piece to give me more room for the chip underneath. I'm hoping that I have enough black filament to print it. 

That is why I provide the STP files! Glad you made use of them!

(I wish more people released CAD models along with the stereolitho models like I do.)

In my case, I baked in supports, because Cura kept trying to generate support material in.... bad places.

(like inside screw holes, inside the hinge mechanism, etc.)

It was easier to just bake a support in, and disable supports.

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...