IGNORED

Anyone know of a source of cheap SIO leads.

Mclaneinc

Just looked on Ebay and I can't justify or afford the silly prices, yeah I know that isn't the sellers fault but I just want one or maybe 2 at a sensible price :)

I may just make them with Lothareks properly moulded plugs and some multicore shielded cable..

Anyone know of a place?

Thanks for looking..

Yup, best of the err 'deals' was from South America with five leads and a large shipping fee, catch, there's no external delivery from where he is at the moment and you have to wait until the virus is over...

Yeah right..

Its not a desperate need for them so ebay prices can stay where they are..

don't know, I managed to get them from ebay for 10 or less. I quickly found 5 different Atari mail order/on the internet sources for them if your able to navigate rules and order minimums, as to size and quality that's another story, 4 appear to sell genuine articles, 1 makes their own, and one offers the genuine article with a possible shortened cable made of possibly the long cable cut in half then having genuine ends put on them...

As this was a quick check there may be shame on me, does TBA offer them as well?

although mostly North American and South American...

What of Atari Freaks shop and the like over sees?

Edited by _The Doctor__

I had a pretty detailed look around but it was either very high shipping or very high cost and high shipping...

But, as always on this forum, a very kind person has offered to help me out, what isn't to love about this forum. We all like helping out where we can and look after each other...Albert should be proud of the AtariAge setup, its got good people on it who have time for new folk to old gits like me..

Paul...

• Like 3

well mine have been on ebay Uk for a couple of weeks. i've two listings:

2x 6' = £32 for the pair

1x 6'6" + 1x 3'6" = £27 for the pair.

i think that's a decent price, considering there's some extra-long SIOs there.

Edited by Guest

I recently picked up a 4' or 5' cable for £13 inc postage from ebay UK.

My intention was to cut it up for a few projects that are waiting to be finished, but I can't bring myself to cut it up. Again the Atari community has shown how amazing it is by someone sending me 5 3D printed SIO plugs FOC

15 years ago I got a bumper Atari load from Ebay, I must have had a dozen SIO cables in varying lengths but gave them all away, just keeping one for myself 

Edited by mimo
  • Like 1

Sorry, meant to come back and say that a couple of people were very kind enough to offer some and I took one of them up on the offer and thanked the other. Thanks to all that looked and helped, I just needed the standard issued leads. Long leads would just add more mess to my tiny work area. :)

Again thanks to all, now sorted..Apologies for not coming back sooner..

4 hours ago, mimo said:

Again the Atari community has shown how amazing it is by someone sending me 5 3D printed SIO plugs FOC

Man I would pay a fair price for SIO plugs & connectors. The last time I purchased from Best they were $9.00 per plug. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BillC said:

For Europe Lotharek sells 1m and 2m SIO cables, his 2m cable is the same price as the 1m version linked above.

Cool, I make them by hand, and they are a lot of work so I charge for it. No big deal to me if no one buys them since they take more than an hour to make. :)  I just have them if someone really needs one.  You can always make your own as well.  That would save you even more. :)

9 hours ago, archeocomp said:

Well I need a short cable (like 10cm) to interconnect my two stacked 1050s. No one sells them though.

BEST used to sell them.  I bought a few from him years ago, and they indeed are handy for interconnecting stacked floppy drives.  I wonder if anyone has approached Lotharek? 

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any homemade/printeed cables and plugs, actually preferably a couple that are only half-made? 

I need a couple to complete my SIO2SD devices, but I only have the regular Atari cables. They are very thick and I really don't want to cut one in two... seems blasphemous.

Edited by R.Cade
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, R.Cade said:

Does anyone have any homemade/printeed cables and plugs, actually preferably a couple that are only half-made? 

I need a couple to complete my SIO2SD devices, but I only have the regular Atari cables. They are very thick and I really don't want to cut one in two... seems blasphemous.

Lotharek sells them specifically for such devices.  https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=174

9 hours ago, David_P said:

I need a couple to complete my SIO2SD devices, but I only have the regular Atari cables. They are very thick and I really don't want to cut one in two... seems blasphemous

What I did when I built my SIO2PC many years ago was cut an SIO lead in half, then soldered a male/female

25 way D to wach half, I could then connect SIO2PC to my PC and re-connect the 2 halves when I needed to use

it as a normal SIO.