IGNORED

Nuts - English manual

lazzeri

Hello,

Nuts is a Technovision game that originally only saw a PAL release in German.

Recently Mr. @Thomas Jentzsch managed to convert it to NTSC, and Mr. @CPUWIZ ran a limited, high-quality cart release.

Joining the gang Mr. @Marc Oberhäuser created a great-looking, professionally printed box for this cart.

Unfortunately, there was no english manual for the combo - the only manual available was a watermarked scan on the german manual online.

Long story short, myself & Mr. @Ballblaɀer joined efforts to translate this manual, so we could have a CIB Franken-release of the game. ?

Attached you can find the end result. There are three available files:

- Nuts_Manual.pdf: A plain PDF that you can open on you computer or mobile.

- Nuts_Manual_HOME_PRINT.zip: A file you can print and assemble yourself at home.

- Nuts_Manual_PROFESSIONAL_PRINT.zip: A PDF file with all markings required for professional printing and binding at a dedicated shop.

Hope you guys enjoy. ?

Nuts_Manual.pdf Nuts_Manual_HOME_PRINT.zip Nuts_Manual_PROFESSIONAL_PRINT.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh! About the print-it-yourself:

There are four images inside that zip file. They look odd but were created as a booklet. You can see small markings on the borders to show were to cut, and a small central marking showing were to fold.

So how you print it?

Print page 01. The put that paper back in your printer and print page 02 on the back. Same goes for 3 & 4.

I´ve used Microsoft Paint (really!). Just use print preview, "configure page" and check the boxes for horizontal and vertical centralization and "100% normal size" instead of "fit to page". This way the printing will match in both sides.

Then fold them together in half. And finally using a box cutter and a ruler just cut the extra paper. Final step, staple it if you wish.

Here’s the final result:

setup.jpg

Edited by lazzeri
YouTube link

Hi @lazzeri, Nuts is indeed a great game and I think it's the best of the three 2600 PAL games that Technovision released.

Technovision was probably a German company, but at least their games were also released in The Netherlands (and maybe other EU countries).

I'm not sure if you want to hear this, but I have the game including an original English manual. Looking at your translation, it seems to be pretty good, but of course there are some differences to the original manual.

Anyway, I scanned the original manual and attached it here. Hope it helps to perfect your version.

Note that my booklet has only two sides, and folds like shown in this video:

Nuts-manual-en.pdf

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dionoid said:

Technovision was probably a German company, but at least their games were also released in The Netherlands (and maybe other EU countries).

TechnoVision was a brand name used by Video Technology Ltd. for non-CreatiVision products, similar to Atari's use of Atarisoft and Mattel's M-Network.  VTech is and has always been based in Honk Kong.  I'm not sure how and why their 2600 games were distributed mostly in Europe but seemingly nowhere else.  I do suspect those games may have been developed by a subcontractor in Germany or elsewhere in Europe based on them being released there, and on them being original games of higher quality than most of the garbage coming out of Asia at that time.  But that's just speculation on my part.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lazzeri said:

Nuts is a Technovision game that originally only saw a PAL release in German.

Recently Mr. @Thomas Jentzsch managed to convert it to NTSC, and Mr. @CPUWIZ ran a limited, high-quality cart release.

Joining the gang Mr. @Marc Oberhäuser created a great-looking, professionally printed box for this cart.

Very cool! Thanks to all involved for the converted english manual. Btw, are there anymore NTSC carts/boxes available?

• 3 weeks later...