IGNORED

J2 Power Supply

cubanismo

Thanks @BeefMan.  I've messaged them asking if they plan to stock the US version again.  It does look like a good product for the price based on the description.  Regulated 9v, supports 120-240v.  If they don't get the US version back in stock, I might just get the EU version and run it through one of my travel power adapters ?

• Like 1

Or see if you can get a hold of a Sega Trio type adapter? I use a Sega Genesis model 1 PSU with my Jag CD since I only have just the one Jag power supply. Far as I know they are basically specced the same as the model 1 genesis PSUs and even look the same on the molding because they likely came from the same factories?

Yeah, I'm using an aftermarket Sega power supply for one of my CD units at the moment.  The only speced difference AFAIK is Genesis PS is rated 1A, Jag is 1.2A or 1.25A I believe.  The same site does offer Sega Double/Trio-type adapters, but if I'm going to do that, I can just go with a generic solution like ZeroSquare/Gummy Bear mentioned above.  I'll pay slightly more for a good custom designed one though, just for the warm fuzzies and to support such efforts.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I received my order from RGS and everything works great except for one thing, the Sega trio adapter has two large barrel connectors and one small connector.  The only one that has a provision for the larger connector is the CD.  I know this isn't the Sega forum but maybe one of you has a tower of power and can check the connectors.  I am thinking someone was in either my Genny 2 or 32x and changed the connector to whatever they had on hand.  I just want to check before I contact RGS.  Thanks.

32x and model 2 Genesis both use the smaller diameter plug and also have reversed polarity compared to the SegaCD and model 1 Genesis. If you have a Trio with two large plugs, that is assuming you have a model 1 Genesis and SegaCD with the smaller plug being for the 32x. That is basically what I have since that is what I use.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure the polarity is correct on the adapter plugs as it would literally just be reversing the wire connections for the smaller plugs vs the larger ones to control that. I doubt they would sell any variant of this adapter with the smaller plug and NOT have that polarity set correctly for the smaller plugs.

But yeah...Genesis model 1 and SegaCD use the larger plug with center tip negative polarity, Gen model 2 and 32x use small plug with center tip positive.

• Thanks 1