IGNORED

Has anyone seen these stickers on Parker Brothers box?

Fred_M

I recently bought the cartridge version of Astro Chade by Parker Brothers.

On the back are two green stickers with signatures of people responsible for a.o. Design, Safety, Quality and Marketing. I noticed that the dates on the stickers are in the European format.

Has anyone seen these kind of stickers before? Are these stickers of the company who distributed these games in the UK?

Any ideas are welcome ;-)

stickers.thumb.jpg.87daee4df32752a17e9e905abf75c9ef.jpg 

6 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Looks like a run sample check, randomly pulled from the line. It's been checked twice a number of days apart with both date formats applied by the marketing department.

The box states an US address, I don't think these were made in Europe. I would guess that normally a sample check would be done at the production line in the US? 

It appears signed and dated both ways... look at the marketing signature dates.

I wouldn't read too much into how the date is printed on the stickers... I've dated year month day, day month year, month day year... people tend to follow whoever signed first, however.

Some of the product might be made in a few countries... You will find parts inspected in the country of manufacture, inspected at country of assembly, and at country of packaging and marketing and eventual sale. Sometimes in the carton of products you will also find a print out/bill of lading or other tags, stickers, and inserts. The way the dates are printed by themselves really aren't helpful other than possibly linking it with other paperwork and names to solidify the aspects of the run and where it may have ended up.

If you can discern the signatures and match the names with where the signing employee was working at that time... that's gold.

*edit*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking a better look, the inspections are only 1 day apart... that is indicative of an end of run inspection (start of finishing) followed by the finished inspection. This same procedure is still followed today for many items.  Light switches, sockets, etc. are sample for specs and quality every so often during a run... if they pass... they are signed off on... then go to the finishing line... that's where they'll get all the paper, stickers, appearance and packaging done. They get inspected that final time to make sure it's all correct.

If they fail, they go to rework, re-inspection and continue on through finishing.

If it's really bad, they get rejected outright.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Hmm, all dates are day/month(/year), except the very last one, which is month/day.

1st label:

Design: 19/12/83

Safety:

Quality: 19/12/83

Marketing: 19/12/83

2nd label:

Design: 19/12

Safety:

Quality: 20/12/83

Marketing: 12/20 (!)

Suppose they didn't care about safety ;)

Edit: it's also fascinating that the label with 20 December on it is below the label with only the date of the day before. I think both labels were applied at the same time before they were written on.

Edited by ivop
  • Haha 1