IGNORED

Odynexus, a new Atari Lynx game!!!

LordKraken

On 7/12/2020 at 12:16 AM, laoo said:

I was playing on Lynx with McWill. 20 fps means 3 frame-skips. It might be 3 when there are hardly no enemies on the screen but to my eye it's 4 on average and 5 in hotter places. I've got quite good grabber and should there be a need, I could grab some playout with 60 fps and we could assert it with more certainty.

I play it with original Lynx screen, it looks smoother thanks to the "Blur". I agree, for McWill, you will need higher frame rates for smooth motion. However regarding playability I don't see much of an issue honestly. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Greetings Space Warriors!

Development is progressing at a good pace, and the game is now 80% done. Expect a quality game and a great physical release!

To celebrate that, here is a teaser of the third level where you will fight Hades almighty and his maleficent legions!

ody-inferno-teaser2.png.9fab0d450ac3d8a1145a3217aa03bf89.png

ody-level3-teaser.png.482f56cad8639bccb3771e3ab387dd30.png

• Like 7

On 8/27/2020 at 8:22 PM, LordKraken said:

Greetings Space Warriors!

Development is progressing at a good pace, and the game is now 80% done. Expect a quality game and a great physical release!

To celebrate that, here is a teaser of the third level where you will fight Hades almighty and his maleficent legions!

ody-inferno-teaser2.png.9fab0d450ac3d8a1145a3217aa03bf89.png

ody-level3-teaser.png.482f56cad8639bccb3771e3ab387dd30.png

My favourite lvl atm ?

• 2 weeks later...

This one slipped under my radar but I finally gave it a spin this morning... and my fingers fell off after several rounds! If you’re looking to bring Thumb out of retirement, this game is sure to do it. 

Made it to the end of LVL2, dig the Game Over screen (as my fingers enjoy a brief rest) =D 

Anyways, really friggin cool game!

3008530C-E2F1-4E90-8BE9-C682465116F0.thumb.jpeg.3d9332d5b353fbe576931c5f581e59ab.jpeg

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clint Thompson said:

This one slipped under my radar but I finally gave it a spin this morning... and my fingers fell off after several rounds! If you’re looking to bring Thumb out of retirement, this game is sure to do it. 

Made it to the end of LVL2, dig the Game Over screen (as my fingers enjoy a brief rest) =D 

Anyways, really friggin cool game!

3008530C-E2F1-4E90-8BE9-C682465116F0.thumb.jpeg.3d9332d5b353fbe576931c5f581e59ab.jpeg

Hm , it has autofire?! ;-)

• 2 months later...

The Witch, hidden in the midst of the forest, is a devious enemy... Willl you be able to defeat her?

ody-witch-teaser.png.0b55ede348e8b5cfb19586d3d73d2e0c.png

This is a preview of the 4th level of Odynexus, a difficult one, infested by swarm of giant insects...

More information to come soon, stay tuned!

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

The Witch, hidden in the midst of the forest, is a devious enemy... Willl you be able to defeat her?

ody-witch-teaser.png.0b55ede348e8b5cfb19586d3d73d2e0c.png

This is a preview of the 4th level of Odynexus, a difficult one, infested by swarm of giant insects...

More information to come soon, stay tuned!

Now that's a tease!?  Can't wait to encounter her.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

@agradeneuYou are the pixel artist that far too many Lynx games should have had. However, for the final version, I suggest that LV. 4 have another sky color other than magenta.

I agree that he is an amazing pixel artist, but I love the colors of level 4 -- especially the color of the sky against the rest of the environment.  It's my favorite level preview so far.  Shaping up to be an iconic level for the game and Lynx.  :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LordKraken said:

Progress has been slow recently and it's mostly my fault, but I start to get some energy back despite the darkness here in Sweden (or maybe because of that who knows :)).

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a release by the end of Q1 this year :)

Yeah, probably it's time to get back! ;-) 

• 2 months later...