IGNORED

New versions available

F.G. Kaal

- IDE DSR v14 is available for download. A bugfix, one change and adding support for the BQ4802 clock chip.

- Dm2k V3.0 is available for download. Added some direct commands instead of the fctn-6 method, lowercase characterset, possible to add the CRU address of the device before the source and destination path (like Force Command). Special feature for those people with different kind of storage devices in their system whith all the same device names. Now you can skip over the first one that is always found. If CRU address is not entered then Dm2k functions as before. Also DSK0. is now allowed.

- Ti99Dir v7.2a is available for download. Converting all selected files now between TI <-> PC instead of one by one. Showing the file header in the editor window when viewing a file hexadecimal as requested by Beery.

See www.ti99-geek.nl

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, F.G. Kaal said:

- Ti99Dir v7.2a is available for download. Converting all selected files now between TI <-> PC instead of one by one. Showing the file header in the editor window when viewing a file hexadecimal as requested by Beery.

See www.ti99-geek.nl

Thanks for the update for TI99DIR.  Much appreciated.

Beery

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@F.G. Kaal  , DM2K will only properly load in the Geneve "GPL" environment if the BASIC GROM banks are loaded.  However, not every GPL setup uses BASIC; some replace the two GROMs with menus, etc.

I believe the two banks correspond to GROM 1 and GROM 2.   What routines if any is DM2K using that depend on the GROMs? 

Edit: Beery informed me that DM2K will load without the BASIC groms if the EA cart is used.  This leads me to suspect the menu program loader is at fault.

• 3 months later...

Nov 13th 2020: New version available at www.ti99-geek.nl

Dm2k v3.1: Prevention for adding spaces and dots while renaming filenas and/or directories or creating directories. After 20 years this program exists somebody created a directory named '.' and by his surprise he couldn't delete this directory. But you can rename files/directories with spaces and or dots in the name though.

Editor/Assembler V r6 module; By request from Wolfgang added a 40 and 80 character/line debugger. This makes debugging in text mode 1 and 2 of a program easier. Also convert lower case to upper case when antering a debugger command. And instead of using fctn-9 for cancel it is now also possible to use the . (dot) for cancel like in Easy Bug of the Mini Memory. I found that I was so used to that . key I just had to add this.

UberGrom version 2.2 just contains the above mentioned programs.

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

Nov 13th 2020: New version available at www.ti99-geek.nl

Dm2k v3.1: Prevention for adding spaces and dots while renaming filenas and/or directories or creating directories. After 20 years this program exists somebody created a directory named '.' and by his surprise he couldn't delete this directory. But you can rename files/directories with spaces and or dots in the name though.

Editor/Assembler V r6 module; By request from Wolfgang added a 40 and 80 character/line debugger. This makes debugging in text mode 1 and 2 of a program easier. Also convert lower case to upper case when antering a debugger command. And instead of using fctn-9 for cancel it is now also possible to use the . (dot) for cancel like in Easy Bug of the Mini Memory. I found that I was so used to that . key I just had to add this.

UberGrom version 2.2 just contains the above mentioned programs.

Thank you @F.G. Kaal for adding the 40 and 80 column debugger into Editor/Assembler V. 

This EA .bin file is a very smart development environment for doing assembly on the real TI-99/4a.

And for your information the Guy who was creating a dot directory on the IDE I think that was me too.

It was my mistake, so sorry for the additional work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 6:09 PM, wolhess said:

And for your information the Guy who was creating a dot directory on the IDE I think that was me too.

It was my mistake, so sorry for the additional work.

Doesn't matter Wolfgang ...

Always interesting how this works; For years everything is fine and then suddenly there is a problem that pop ups. The problem was always there but nobody had noticed it. So it is true that that there is always one more bug! ;-)

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ti99Dir version 8.1a of august the 1st 2020 is available for download at ti99-geek.nl

I did some bug fixes but there are still some left to solve for another version (thanks for doing some testing InsaneMultitasker ?)

New option is that a IDE/SCS hard disk image can be created and it is also possible to manipulate files and directories on these images. Previous versions of Ti99Dir could only read and extract file from hard disk images. Ti99Dir is using a Ti99HdImg32.dll for this. This DLL is a TMS9900 assembly to C-code converted version of the IDE DSR version 14.

Another new option is that PC text files can be converted to Ti Basic / Extended Basic program or dis/var 163 in the TIFILES format. For this option Ti99Dir is using the LibXBTKN32.dll written by Stefan Bauch author of TiCedEd.

Ti99Dir like the DLL's in the same directory as the Ti99Dir.exe.

Fred

• Like 4

Fred,

I'm starting to get some really great use of DM2K with the Geneve on the GPL/TI-99-4A side of things using the TIPI.

Something I have seen, and I understand why it happens and it may not be addressable, is that on the TIPI, I have one directory that has 3000+ files.  DM2K can only give me a directory listing of about 260 entries.  In all truthfulness, any management I have done in the past on this directory has been on my Windows system connecting to this folder.

I realize such large file numbers were never anticipated prior to the TIPI and likely a buffer to handle such large file numbers may not be possible.  And, if one marks a large number of marked files for a copy/delete or other operation, where that list may be buffered.

If you are buffering in VDP, I wonder if it may be possible to test for more than 16K VDP memory and utilize extra VDP to buffer more entries????

For me, it is not a critical issue, but I thought I have read other individual(s) creating vast libraries (likely hundreds of subdirectories) on the TIPI side of things that may also see a benefit.

Just inquiring...............

Beery

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Fred,

I'm starting to get some really great use of DM2K with the Geneve on the GPL/TI-99-4A side of things using the TIPI.

Something I have seen, and I understand why it happens and it may not be addressable, is that on the TIPI, I have one directory that has 3000+ files.  DM2K can only give me a directory listing of about 260 entries.  In all truthfulness, any management I have done in the past on this directory has been on my Windows system connecting to this folder.

I realize such large file numbers were never anticipated prior to the TIPI and likely a buffer to handle such large file numbers may not be possible.  And, if one marks a large number of marked files for a copy/delete or other operation, where that list may be buffered.

If you are buffering in VDP, I wonder if it may be possible to test for more than 16K VDP memory and utilize extra VDP to buffer more entries????

For me, it is not a critical issue, but I thought I have read other individual(s) creating vast libraries (likely hundreds of subdirectories) on the TIPI side of things that may also see a benefit.

Just inquiring...............

Beery

Hi Beery,

The "original" TI file system can handle a maximum of 127 files and 114 subdirectories (==241 names) per directory. The VDP memory is allready used to buffer pathnames while copying directory structures.

Fred ;-)

1 hour ago, F.G. Kaal said:

The "original" TI file system can handle a maximum of 127 files and 114 subdirectories (==241 names) per directory. The VDP memory is already used to buffer pathnames while copying directory structures.

Considering the age in which our little computer was designed, the types of storage media available back then, and the fact that it was marketed as a 'relatively' low priced 'Home Computer', it's served quite well. 

• 5 weeks later...