IGNORED

New versions available

F.G. Kaal

1 hour ago, F.G. Kaal said:

After a long and thorough investigation of Du2k of about 5 minutes a came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong wint Du2k.

So guess what !

You can see all 8 partitions and can catalog the 8th partition on real iron? 

This may be an interesting result. I partitioned both IDE drives as follows: drive 1 has 3 partitions, drive 2 has four partitions. Then I initialized all drives; in drive two I named the partitions IDEHARD5 ... IDEHARD8 (which looks like one off for now).

Then I wrote a small BASIC program and saved it to IDE7.

Then I went back to DU2K and created a fourth partition on drive 1, which shifts the partitions of the second drive. As said before, the eighth partition is not shown in DU2K. Went back to BASIC, and as you see, the eighth partition is there and well.

Screenshot_20210405_130600.png

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

Yes, guessing... 

In the IDE DSR there is a symbol defined CUNITM (constant unit mask) with a value of >0007. But to be able to use IDE8 properly this value must be >000F offcourse. All level 2 functions are calling a subroutine L2UNIT that checks the device number:

L2UNIT   MOV  @CUNIT,R0       Get unit number
              SRL  R0,8
              ANDI R0,CUNITM       
             JEQ  L2UNTE              Error if 0
L2UNT1 CI   R0,CMAXUN       Is it > CMAXUN? (8)
             JH   L2UNTE          Yes, error!

etc.

So, you can do all level 3 functions (OPEN, CLOSE, READ, WRITE, LOAD, SAVE, DELETE) to IDE8 but it is impossible to initialize (does sector read/write), rename, create directory and such.

This little bug-ette is fixed in IDE DSR v15 (only needed if you really using 8 partitions) and can be downloaded from ti99-geek.nl

b.t.w:

I struggled to find two big enough CF-cards that wishes to function properly with the IDE card. I noticed that a CF-card is functioning properly when in Du2k displaying the IDE available device's; If the devicename is like "SanDisk <number>" than it is ok, if the device name is like "/7" or "/5" etc than it is not ok ... it seems that it is possible to read and write sectors but creating a partitiontable fails and after that, doing CALL IDEST in TI-Basic makes the IDE card hang (and destroys the DSR at some point).

• Like 3

New versions available at ti99-geek.nl:

IDE DSR v15, bugfix: Device IDE8 can now also be initialized (and used)

Dm2k v3.4, bugfix: erase character is fctn-1 (what it always was) instead of fctn-2

EAV r10, update: added Dm2k v3.4

flashrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4 and EAV r10.

finalgrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4, EAV r10, EAVUG r10 (UberGROM with extended utility menu), IDE v15 loader

enjoy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F.G. Kaal said:

New versions available at ti99-geek.nl:

IDE DSR v15, bugfix: Device IDE8 can now also be initialized (and used)

Dm2k v3.4, bugfix: erase character is fctn-1 (what it always was) instead of fctn-2

EAV r10, update: added Dm2k v3.4

flashrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4 and EAV r10.

finalgrom collection: added Dm2k v3.4, EAV r10, EAVUG r10 (UberGROM with extended utility menu), IDE v15 loader

enjoy!

You are having almost as busy of a day as myself.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, 9640News said:

I love this update.  Presently using it to do a complete backup of my HFDC drive to a TIPI path.  It removes my need to use DM2K for the TI-99/4A and the special DSK0 usage.

I'm copying right now my hard drive on one system.  With my other system, I went and tested how many files it would catalog in a TIPI directory with 2800+ files.  It only got 241.  Realistically though, I would manage a directory like that from a Windows share.

I like the way you can tab from the left to the right window.  If you can implement the <PG UP> <PG DN> keys at some point in the future, that would be nice.  

Beery, have you allready checked Gdm2k V3.2

• Like 1

New Ti99Dir version 8.1b available at ti99-geek.nl

It is now possible to rename TI files om a DSK, CF7DSK or HD image using all characters like ~`!@#$%^&*()_-+=[]{};:'"\|,.<>/? except the space and . character. The function was allready there but not properly used by the rename dialog. So, now it is possible to rename SYSTEM-SYS on a DSK image to SYSTEM/SYS

enjoy.

• Like 8

New Ti99Dir version 8.2c available at ti99-geek.nl

Small problem with the 8.2b version: When renaming a TI file on a DSK, CF7DSK or HD image and the TI file name is shorter than 10 characters then the padding spaces of the original TI file name where translated to underscore characters. That is fixed in version 8.2c.

enjoy!

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will DM2K ever support the file date/time that is apparently supported by the IDE card using your DSR version15?

Just wondering how to display the date/time for files created/updated on any IDE device on the real iron TI99/4A.

The CALL IDETD works in Basic.

To date I haven't been able to find any MENU and/or BOOT programs that supports/displays the time/date when performing a directory/disk catalog.

7 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Myarc's MDM V displays the date stamps, and I believe John Birdwell's DSKU also does--but both of these may not be looking in the same place as the IDE date stamp data is stored (although I think they do).

Unfortunately, John Birdwell's DSKU will not allow the entry of any IDE1....8 as a device.

It only allows DSK1....8.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:47 AM, 9640News said:

Just saw the Geneve version of DM2K is now up and it is in 80 columns.  Definitely going out to grab this file this evening!!!

gdm2k_filelist.gif

How I would love to have this version running on the TI99/4a with the IDE card and the F18A video card.

How many hands to I see raised?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Yes, it's a great program.

Something similar for the TI99/4a with the IDE card and 80 column F18A would be great as well.

Maybe Fred is already working on an update to his DM2K to support the double file list.

I can only hope.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hard to believe DM2K is 33 years old.

From Bill Gaskill's TImeline - Nov. 1988:

Fred Kaal of the Vereniging TI-gebruikersgroep in Holland releases DM2000, a 40-column diskmanager that is said to be compatible with all known disk controllers, including the HFDC and SCSI, and their corresponding drives.

• Like 7

On 6/1/2021 at 11:40 PM, rgjt said:

How I would love to have this version running on the TI99/4a with the IDE card and the F18A video card.

How many hands to I see raised?

There is just nog enough memory for a TI99/4A to hold two list of files and directories ((127 file names + 114 directory names) X 16 bytes X 2 = 7712 bytes)

All 32Kb is allmost used.

Total size of DM2K is 25441 bytes + some buffers

Total size of GDM2K is 30352 bytes + some buffers

Maybe only possible if some features are removed.

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:53 PM, F.G. Kaal said:

Fred,

Going to ask if you have interest in perhaps a new utility since I think you have the core of all the routines already with GDM2K.  

When files move from the 4A to the Geneve, or copied from some devices, not everything has a creation date/time and a modification date/time.  With your circular buffer you have and GDM2K, I wonder if you would be interested in being able to do a 80 column wide display that shows the dates/time similar to Clint's Directory Manager, but then an option to specify a date/time for invalid dates when you read the file header that does a test for a valid date, then uses a user entered or "default" current date replacement.  

Beery

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 9640News said:

Fred,

Going to ask if you have interest in perhaps a new utility since I think you have the core of all the routines already with GDM2K.  

When files move from the 4A to the Geneve, or copied from some devices, not everything has a creation date/time and a modification date/time.  With your circular buffer you have and GDM2K, I wonder if you would be interested in being able to do a 80 column wide display that shows the dates/time similar to Clint's Directory Manager, but then an option to specify a date/time for invalid dates when you read the file header that does a test for a valid date, then uses a user entered or "default" current date replacement.  

Beery

Fred,  

@InsaneMultitasker corrected me. After a bread call with a sector length of zero, one does get the info however the bwrite call only allows creation of a new file, not updating information. 

so, not possible..

beery

On 11/27/2021 at 3:23 PM, F.G. Kaal said:

There is just nog enough memory for a TI99/4A to hold two list of files and directories ((127 file names + 114 directory names) X 16 bytes X 2 = 7712 bytes)

All 32Kb is allmost used.

Total size of DM2K is 25441 bytes + some buffers

Total size of GDM2K is 30352 bytes + some buffers

Maybe only possible if some features are removed.

With not use finalGROMs advanced mode and store the lists in cartridge RAM? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fred - I had a peculiar occurrence using the Notepad viewer in your TIDir, namely everything locked up when attempting to view a particular the file.  The file itself appears to be corrupt in that it will not load into XB either. You can see it in the hex viewer, but not the notepad viewer. Thank you.