IGNORED

Interview with Mr. John Champeau

lazzeri

Hi All,

I´m a writer for a Brazilian retro gaming magazine called "Jogos 80". We´re running a series of interviews with distinguished Atari homebrewers.

In this edition I was lucky enough to chat with Mr. Johh Champeau (AKA @johnnywc ), from Champ Games. It was a very interesting chat!

Attached are two different files: The original PDF (in Brazilian Portuguese) with screenshots and the magazine cover, and an english translation for you guys.

The magazine is purposedly designed to look like a very popular brazilian magazine from the 80s called "Micro & Video", thus the (very) dated design. It is on purpose, believe it or not! ?

Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we enjoying doing it!

John Champeau Interview - ENGLISH.pdf John Champeau Interview - ORIGINAL.pdf

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Thank you very much, that was very interesting indeed. Being a huge fan of Super Cobra, I purchased Super Cobra Arcade.

To me Super Cobra already is a fantastic game, but Super Cobra Arcade tops it. My friend, Sabine, she's mid 20s, and I teach her about 'the olden games', she's into Super Cobra Arcade a big deal. Next on my list is Mappy.

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Great interview.  Thanks for sharing.  Any plans on interviewing your fellow Brazilians at More Work Games?  I'd love to read about their history and plans for the future.

Already interviewed Mr. Leandro Sá (50% of MWG, with Darcio Prestes) when Rally Racer was released. Mr. Flávio Nunez declined to be interviewed.

I´ll try to find my original article and do a rough translation.