IGNORED

Ghost of Tsushima

Ninjabba

Anyone excited for this?

I've been looking forward for some action in feudal Japan, preferably not with a steep learning curve like Sekiro offers.

Sucker Punch Productions have a solid track record with the Infamous IP, so I have a feeling that Tsushima will deliver for me.

• Like 1

Eh, kind of.    Some days I see it and get really excited – it’s gorgeous and I love the era being represented – but then I remember the times I saw gameplay footage, and how the majority of it was just walking while looking at scenery, and I’m out again. 

I’m sure I’ll pick it up, and I hope it delivers, but I’m just so bored with that Last of Us / Uncharted 4 / New God of War style of game where gameplay takes a backseat while the player just walks forward taking in the sites and listening to dialog. 

Then it comes back to Sucker Punch, and I get really excited again. ?  I love all the Sly Cooper and Infamous games, so I’m hopeful they’ll deliver here as well.

I don’t think it’ll have the steep learning curve/difficulty, though.  They’ve always gone for accessibility and low difficulty in their previous titles, so it’d be a pretty big departure to suddenly cater to the From Software fans first.

So, now that it's close to coming out, I'm back to the super-excited "I gotta get this now!" frame of mind.  The only thing holding me back right now is, I have Paper Mario ordered (comes out same day) and I've been trying really hard over the past year+ to only buy a new/full price game if I'm ready to play it NOW, not toss it into my backlog.   I'm not confident that I'll be able to juggle 2 new games at the same time.

It's gonna be a rough couple of days.   ?

I'll be on a holiday when it comes out, so I'll have to wait another 2 weeks before I can play it properly. The reviews I've read so far were somewhat split, praising graphics etc. but mentioning some mechanics that feel a little dated. I don't think any of those negative points will stop me from enjoying it though.

Definitely getting it when I'm back!

• 3 weeks later...

First impressions playing this game for a few hours.. its pretty epic.

There's the hint of the so called Ubisoft open-world syndrome, but I haven't spend any time in such type of game for some years now so I don't mind this at all.

Interestingly enough, the game gets a lot of praise for the graphics, but I would say it looks a little dated. Not a big problem for me though, the sword fighting/horse riding is fun and the landscapes look great. Love how they used the direction of the wind to guide you around.

My only gripe so far is the lip sync with Japanese voice acting. It feels a little out of sync. Didn't try the English voice acting, I don't think my brain could handle that.

Edited by Ninjabba
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...