IGNORED

Parsec has been ported to the Spectrum

Imperious

1 hour ago, eebuckeye said:

Really awesome! I also can't wait to see the Intellivision version coming out!

I was asked by the distributor of my Atari 2600 version if I wanted to do an Intellivision version. I turned it down since I really didn't have the time, at the time. So are you saying someone is coming out with a InTV version?

13 minutes ago, eebuckeye said:

Yes.. I believe it is almost finished and may/may not be called Parsec due to discussions with TI.  I think from the same person who made Piggy Bank.  They are also almost finished with a port of Space Bandits and there was a video on the Intv Facebook group.

good for them. be nice to see there take on it. I'm sure there will be a lot less restrictions then I had with the 2600. 

5 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Yeah, that was by hloberg here on the forums.  Bought one as well.  The ROM is still available in its final non-cart version here.

Review is here:

made some comments on your youtube channel about it. thanks for the review.

EDIT: and added you to TI99RESOURCES under /other sites/youtube

• Like 1

I downloaded the Spectrum Parsec image and played it a good bit.  Up to level 3 and 50,000 or so points, and I think it's fantastic. Things to note are;

There's a timing issue on some of the sprites that don't fire, such as swoopers, one of them can drop through the bottom of the screen.  Mostly to note, the player ship's overheating is a little on the touchy side, you can overheat on level three simply by tapping fire too many times.  These are just minor things though 'cos overall it's fantastic to see it on the Spectrum! They did well with the scrolling background.

• Like 1