IGNORED

Re-gluing commercial sofware diskette labels

cwilbar

10 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Use high quality scrap booking/photo glues. Check out the craft stores... The reason being it won't ruin anything over the years to follow(no bad ph or chemicals that damage paper or photos etc.) ... and it will stay put.

Got a name brand recommendation or two?

Zip Dry Paper Glue comes in bottle, dries clear....

less is more,you can brush it, put something to hold the label flat...

just be accurate....

un do       is for removing stuff that's been glued, labeled, tagged to our machines and peripherals... it's as safe a remover you will find.

Most products with the words "Acid-free", "pH neutral", and "Archival Safe" on the product labels are fine. For glues and removers...

Elmers, Scotch, 3m, 3L, etc. all make these kinds of glues. I wouldn't by any cheap stuff...

they are literally going to have names like craft bond, craft glue, etc. on them...

I don't know what stores carry where you live so just use this as a guide.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

I have always used Bison Spray Glue to create stickers. You spray on the glue when it lays face down, wait 10-15 minutes, and it's a sticker that sticks good, but can also be removed (if desired) without leavind paper and glue residue.

super 77 tinted my labels and photos didn't fair too well over time... perhaps they changed the formula to be more eco-friendly or something, don't know much about Bison spray glue... but I'd bet just like 3M they have several... some may even fit the criteria that would let them go long term without damaging affects, yellowing, or losing adhesion.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:41 PM, ivop said:

I have always used Bison Spray Glue to create stickers. You spray on the glue when it lays face down, wait 10-15 minutes, and it's a sticker that sticks good, but can also be removed (if desired) without leavind paper and glue residue.

This sounds like it would be good in terms of not releasing when adhering something to a flexible surface.  Would you rate the resulting adhesion similar to a diskette label ?  Weaker ?  or Stronger ?