IGNORED

Games That Make You Regret Selling A System

I started to regret selling my Super Famicom since now I can't play 2 games. Those games would be:

F-zero

Gojira: Kaijuu Daikeesan

The regret isn't that bad since I can play F-zero on switch, but you know, sometimes I feel the urge to play the real version.

Have you ever regretted selling a system because of one game?

15 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

I started to regret selling my Super Famicom since now I can't play 2 games. Those games would be:

F-zero

Gojira: Kaijuu Daikeesan

The regret isn't that bad since I can play F-zero on switch, but you know, sometimes I feel the urge to play the real version.

Have you ever regretted selling a system because of one game?

Do you not have a SNES? I play all of my SFC on mine which had the plastic tabs broken off like 12 years ago.

Closest for me might be Tg16. I enjoyed Alien Crush, Blazing Lazers and Galaga 90 but none of them enough to keep pricey systems around when emulation of these is fine with me.

To flip your question, I've kept my snes just because of its great port of Mr.Do, otherwise I would have sold it off too with no regrets

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Closest for me might be Tg16. I enjoyed Alien Crush, Blazing Lazers and Galaga 90 but none of them enough to keep pricey systems around when emulation of these is fine with me.

To flip your question, I've kept my snes just because of its great port of Mr.Do, otherwise I would have sold it off too with no regrets

Please tell me about this version, does it add anything?

As for Gojira: Kaijuu Daikeesan, really? I have this for SFC, and it seems, OK...

The Atari Jaguar sucked, but man I LOVED Tempest on it. I got it for PS but it just wasn't as good. Nothing else good on that turd though.

Oh, also 3DO. Star Control 2 and Road Rash. Again, did RR on PS, but again, something was off about it. SC2 I guess only had a PC version, which I never tried.

3 hours ago, XtraSmiley said:

As for Gojira: Kaijuu Daikeesan, really? I have this for SFC, and it seems, OK...

I'm personally a huge fan of it. It has most of the stuff that you'd want in a Godzilla fighting game. Realistic moves, memorable monsters, great music, and easy to learn controls. 

• Like 1

I think the only time that hit me and due to the unique nature of it was the Virtual Boy.  I did miss the library of games which through the launch and another over a decade back I had like 9-10 of the US games and a few Japanese.  It was only a year and a half ago I got one back in my hands, this time for keeps and solder fixed no less to last.  Now I have all 14 plus a few other fun extras.

It wasn't any one game though.  Wario Land, starfox wannba Red Alarm, 3D-Tetris, V-Tetris, Golf, Mario Clash, Vertical Force, Galactic Pinball all were uniquely fun on there and felt like a loss to me.  Strangely also the only form of Mario Tennis I ever got into too, and there is yet one game I once had I still don't have, Space Squash which I really should just bite for already.

• Like 1

The only system I've ever sold is my PSone, but I have a PS2, Japanese PS2, and a PS3, so it's not like I can't play those games.

Instead, I'll lament my inability to play the Mac version of X-Wing Collector's CD ROM, which is by far the best version. I don't know what happened to my old Mac, but I'm pretty sure that I left it at my mother's house after my father got custody of me and I didn't realize that I wanted it because it was ancient as hell by that time. The Mac version of X-Wing has never been rereleased/ported/etc., and you can't get it on GOG or whatever, which makes me very sad. Maybe there is some way to play it on Windows that I'm not sure about, though.

14 hours ago, XtraSmiley said:

Please tell me about this version, does it add anything?

The Atari Jaguar sucked, but man I LOVED Tempest on it. I got it for PS but it just wasn't as good. Nothing else good on that turd though.

Oh, also 3DO. Star Control 2 and Road Rash. Again, did RR on PS, but again, something was off about it. SC2 I guess only had a PC version, which I never tried.

So a couple of years ago, I started selling some of my classic gaming collection. Reason:  I just wasn’t playing them and they have entered that period of “old electronic shit starts breaking down way too often”.  Sometimes it’s easy to sell something because although we played them, it didn’t have an emotional impact.  Two recent systems I sold did.  One is the 3DO and those two titles along with Need for Speed are the exact reasons why I feel so much sellers remorse.  Road Rash is absolutely better on the 3DO.  It’s not quite as smooth as the PS1 version but the sound has more “ommpft” to it.  Need for Speed 3DO is the only version I think that had the XMan, I miss that guy and his put downs (I heard he died quite a while ago :( ).  3DO was also home to the best version of Star Control released.  I say was because there is an open source PC/mac remake of it that uses the 3DO assets (including the awesome voice acting) but redone in glorious HD so if you are in need of a hit, you can do so via this link:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

The other system I regret/don’t regret is selling my Amiga stuff.  Man it was just a few months ago and I miss it already. I should have recapped the A500 and A1200 an CV32, put a damn SD card adapter in all 3 and be done with it (or at least keep 1). Of all the systems Ive owned since dating back to the Sears pong clone back in the 70’s, none make me miss it more than the Amiga.  I think I convinced myself to sell all 3 of those because my real love was the Amiga 2000HD that I owned for 6 years from ‘88 to 93.  Those were the days.  Sold it a while back because I had the A500 and wasn’t using it as much but oh man do I miss it.  Weird though it wasn’t because of one particular games and emulation is decent enough, but it’s the many memories of the get together’s because of that PC.

Edited by Loafer
  • Like 2

I've had this issue between Genesis, Sega CD and TurboGrafx-16.  I sold and bought a Genesis about six times because I felt the pangs of playing certain games.  I bought probably three Sega CDs during that same time (gotta have my Sewer Shark).  The TG-16 wasn't as bad-that was only three times.  The third time was one of the best gaming finds for me ever-50 cents for a in box system, one controller and 2-3 games.  Got a nice little collection set up along with my Genesis Mk1 that could play anything and a Sega CD Model 1. Then I sold it all.  While I still have a bit of a pang...I don't give in any more as I don't have the room. And honestly, it's not worth it to me anymore.  I can find other ways to play Ghouls n Ghosts, Golden Axe, Ninja Spirit and such pretty faithfully.

Now N64....that was only once.  I sold my rather extensive collection (with games like Conker's and such) as I needed the cash, I didn't play it and my then soon to be step kids didn't show interest.  But I missed my Mario 64, hands down best 3D platformer made.  The N64 is also home to the best wrestling games ever made to this date.  And Goldeneye and F-Zero X and Banjo Kazooie and and...argh!  Recently I caved and got one for about $40 with controller to go with two controllers I bought for a couple bucks each that I intended to use with emulation.  I *could* have gotten an N64 deck from the same store for $25 but I passed on it....what was I thinking.  I hooked it up to a nice little CRT my wife's old tenants left behind and I fell in love with the system again.  I now have an Everdrive for it, which is like a miracle in plastic.  And NOW my kids are interested in it, about five years later.  My next step is getting the 4MB expansion, a fourth controller and a replacement stick.

Edited by Gamemoose
OT asked about the games that made me regret...added those in.

Loafer totally agree on Star Control II.  I loved that game so much in the 90s, even beat the thing on DOS too.  Years later that UrQuan masters game popped up, pretty much did it again, and using the blend of the 3DO assets before it went and re-did again partly with the HD assets and it was just stunning as ever as that game clearly has aged like a fine wine, only better.

And moose, good call on the 64.  It gets unfairly gang dumped on now which is so so dumb but the prices have been going up annoyingly even now on common stuff with the viral values this year, so getting that everdrive was such a smart move.  I don't know if you did it yet, but that archive org has a nice set of things and I'd suggest poking around for Wonder Project J2 and patching that into english as it's amazing, as are a few other overseas gems like Sin & Punishment and Bangaioh(I do own those 2) along with a few other choice games.  That RAM pack hasn't skyrocketed yet unlike various other things, so I'd pop the $25 for that now before it's like $50.